Peacemaker ideas for Diplomacy.

Greywulf

King
A couple of ideas from the peacemaker side of me that would be nice for the game...

1) The option to forgive grievances, which improves relations with AI civs. Say a civ had declared war with you and accumulated grievances, later on when you are at peace again, you can erase those grievances against them, which makes that civ like you more, and perhaps prevent future wars.

2) Just like you can ask a civ to join in a war with you, you should also be able to ask a civ to end a war with another player. Another civ may have declared war on your ally, so this would give you the option of being a mediator between the two, and attempt to resolve things peacefully. Other civs then could like you more for being a peacemaker. AI civs would be more likely to agree to this if they have a good relationship with you.
~ This one might be particularly useful if you haven't focused much attention on military, yet don't want to just stand there and watch as an ally gets attacked.

What do you think of these ideas? And do you have other ideas for peacemaking in Civ VI that could be implemented into the game?

2) Just like you can ask a civ to join in a war with you, you should also be able to ask a civ to end a war with another player. Another civ may have declared war on your ally, so this would give you the option of being a mediator between the two, and attempt to resolve things peacefully. Other civs then could like you more for being a peacemaker. AI civs would be more likely to agree to this if they have a good relationship with you.
I do like this idea. I would also say you definitely should gain some diplo favor if they do indeed make peace because what's more diplomatic than that?

A couple of ideas from the peacemaker side of me that would be nice for the game...
1) The option to forgive grievances, which improves relations with AI civs.
2) Just like you can ask a civ to join in a war with you, you should also be able to ask a civ to end a war with another player.
I like these ideas. Diplomacy is definitely the most under-developed aspect of the game.

In my current game Japan is attacking one of my allied states. Although I don't want to go to war with Japan I will do if it is the only way I can prevent them conquering the city state.
There ought to be an option on the Make Demand list: make peace with X - for it to be meaningful the attacking civ ought to only continue with the attack if they want war with me.

In my current game Japan is attacking one of my allied states. Although I don't want to go to war with Japan I will do if it is the only way I can prevent them conquering the city state.
There ought to be an option on the Make Demand list: make peace with X - for it to be meaningful the attacking civ ought to only continue with the attack if they want war with me.
Yes, I'd like it to apply to city states as well as civ allies. There's been plenty of times when a civ has declared war on one of my CS allies, and the only option for me was to go to war to protect them. Sometimes this has been very inconvenient, and it would just be nice to have other ways of dealing with such situations.

wait. Couldn't you do this in Civ 5? Trade with another civ so they could stop fighting another civ? Why'd they leave this out?
Good point. It's especially frustrating when they had an option in the game before, but for some reason left it out this time...or maybe they just forgot about it, or didn't see it as important? Anyway, shouldn't be difficult for them to add it now.

Since diplomacy is in such a need of improvement, I do hope that this is considered. This kind of thing is more important than seeing new civs added, as nice as it is to get new civs. There should be more focus on diplomacy, and I hope that some of the new content they are revealing will have something to do with diplomacy after all.

Top Bottom