1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Perdition or Salvation? The Final Battle

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Lord Malbeth, Feb 22, 2018.

1. tjs282

tjs282 Un(a)bashed immigrant

...just here for the job/ handouts/ woman
    OK, so I started up a new game but this time -- just as an experiment -- I inserted the 'Unknown' line into the labels.txt file in the .../Angels and Demons/Text/ folder. And everything is now back where it should be on the game-setup screen!

I can think of only 2 possible explanations: either Lord Malbeth has an.exe file (and game) which was -- like the Steam-version -- written for multiplayer (way back when GameSpy was still hosting it?) so also needs that line in its labels.txt; or Windows 8.1 has quietly quietly 'updated' my conquests.exe file to the Steam-compatible version (despite my never having deliberately authorised such a change). I think the first is much more likely (since I don't have any labelling-problems in epic-games, the conquests, or any other mods)...

And now onto the next problem/bug.

I am a couple of turns into the game, I have hooked a 'Grace'-resource to my road-network, but for some reason I can't build the units that it's supposed to enable:
    Spoiler Large image :
    PoS TFB unbuildable Ishim.png
    I have looked in the "Perdition or Salvation..." .biq (i.e. not the "Angels and Demons" DEBUG-version), and the settings for the Ishim (and Cherubim) look fairly standard to me. They are available only to the Kingdom of Heaven, requiring only Celestial Monarchy (the KoH starting tech), and the Grace resource. They are flagged as Foot-units, but not King- (or Princess) units.
    Spoiler Just to show I'm not hallucinating... :

PoS TFB Ishim prereqs.png
    So why can't I build them? What am I missing? Because it will be pretty difficult to fight off the Lieutenants (and hordes) of Hell, if all I can build is D=1 Fairies... :lol:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019