Perfect world 2/Erebus continents?

Aroldo

Chieftain
Hi,

back to FF after some months. Keeps getting better...

Installed FFH051 and played a quick game. What about the perfect world 2 and erebus continents mapscripts? Shouldn´t they be in?

IIf it's simple to include them in the FF directory, and the filesize is reasonable (I see 47kb for the first one, which is nothing) then there's no reason we can't include them in a future patch.

they are mapscripts, so small by design. and yeah, all you do is dump them in the publicmaps folder next to erebus. I say add them in patch A ;)

I'm giving them a test just now.

Perfect world seems nice, I'll add that

Erebus Continents is broken, so that's not going in. Twice in a row, I've tried various different sealevels, amounts of jungle, tundra, desert, etc, but all it keeps giving me is a vast mapwide grassland field, with only rivers and 1-tile lakes dotted around. no peaks, forests, plains, jungle, tundra, etc. Even at High sealevel, it gives no sea. Perhaps it's just not compatible with FF somehow.

Mountain coast generates some oddly artficial ranges/landforms, but is nice nevertheless.

erebuscontinent is very much not broken, works fine for me and lots of people. yes, I did try it with FF... probably you just encountered an odd rare bug, not sure there. sounds very strange to me.

I've both tried and enjoyed MountainCoast and I'm certainly going to try Perfect World 2. I've also tried Erebus Continents, but it always causes the game to freeze while initializing.

I'm giving them a test just now.

Perfect world seems nice, I'll add that

Erebus Continents is broken, so that's not going in. Twice in a row, I've tried various different sealevels, amounts of jungle, tundra, desert, etc, but all it keeps giving me is a vast mapwide grassland field, with only rivers and 1-tile lakes dotted around. no peaks, forests, plains, jungle, tundra, etc. Even at High sealevel, it gives no sea. Perhaps it's just not compatible with FF somehow.

Mountain coast generates some oddly artficial ranges/landforms, but is nice nevertheless.

Erebus Continents is working fine for me as well

As a Dev for the masses I can see where they don't want to include anything that isn't 100%. As soon as they include it then they get the complaints even if it is the odd occasional person that get the error that 1000 other people don't.

That said I would love to see any they approve to be included. been thinking of getting Perfect World myself but since I play a lot of multiplayer with friends I have to keep my customizing to a minimum or face trying to get 3 others up to the same.

Hawkwood, ErebusContinent does not freeze when initializing, it just takes a lot of time becuase it has to calculate A LOT of stuff. same with perfectworld2. but give them time to generate and you won't be disappointed ;)

although it has its share of flaws, like starting positions sometimes being not very good and terrain sometimes ending up weirdly like with ice right next to deserts. still, none of them is perfect of course. which drives me nuts :lol:

[to_xp]Gekko;8296962 said:
Hawkwood, ErebusContinent does not freeze when initializing, it just takes a lot of time becuase it has to calculate A LOT of stuff. same with perfectworld2. but give them time to generate and you won't be disappointed ;)
Thanks for the advice. I assumed the game froze, because if I opened Windows Task Manager it said that Beyond the Sword didn't respond, but I went for some minutes and I got it to work.

Erebus Continents seem really good and might replace Mountain Coast as my standard map. Perfect World 2 also seems really good and looks like something FF should include, but it isn't really my style.

@unit 666
:lol::lol: Didn´t want to discriminate...I´ll give mountaincoast a try...

@FF team
I see you added the scripts. Good!

Liking the Erebus Continents script....it's got some issues, but it's pretty good.

Main issue is speed. It takes about 15 mins on my machine to initialize instead of the normal minute or so.

Second issue is the bonus placements. They don't make much sense to me. Some civs have 3 bonuses, others have 1 or even none.

Others will have 6 or 7. Many times there are duplicates...looking around in my latest started game to check the script, Bannor spanned with 7 dye tiles within their capital city radius, meanwhile Tasunke had 3 sheep and 4 wheat.

I had 1 deer and nothing else.

Very strange stuff there...but nothing a few mins of WB time won't even out.

Gedwyn, what you are experiencing with civs having tons of resources in their starting spots is due to Erebuscontinent start sweetener + flavourmod start sweetener. what you need to go is go into Assets/python/entrypoints , open Cvflavourinterface, search for "normalization" and set it to False instead of True. that should make things more reasonable with ErebusContinent.

Top Bottom