Performance help

Mikebone

Chieftain
I'm in my first game, and in the late-game, even on a Small world, the game is exceedingly slow, and crashes every 5-10 turns. I wonder if anyone has any tips to improve performance.

I'm running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

I've turned the 2 graphics sliders to minimum. Anything else I can do? Thanks!

Switch to a PC? Just kidding... I find that the game is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive and it seems like you have a good enough computer for a small map. Do you have lots of other programs running in the background? Are you running mods?

Sounds like a file is corrupted. First thing to do is to verify the local files (Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files) and see if that helps. Alternately, disable all your mods and see if you can play normally after that. I've run Civ VI on 4 different Macs depending upon where I'm at, and have yet to have any issue except some game slowness on less robust machines.

OTOH The IOS version of Civ VI would run on my iPad but I never could get any sounds out of the darn thing. Ended up returning it for a refund.

Hope this helps.

I don't know about Mac, but on PC crashes are extremely rare. I mostly get them when I am developing mods and create a problem myself. Other than that, the game is quite resilient to whatever happens. It can be slow late game, due to amount of items to be processed (units, cities, etc.) but very rarely crashes. Question about using mods is a valid one.

Top Bottom