1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Performance on 13" MBP Mid-2015

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by SCBrain, Oct 28, 2016.

1. SCBrain

SCBrain Chieftain

Dear All,

I thought I'd share my findings about the performance of Civ 6 on my stock MacBook Pro, 13" Mid-2015.

The specs:

2.7 GHz Intel i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Intel Iros Graphics 6100 1536 MB

The game opens and runs without incident. I have not altered the graphics settings from the defaults. I can move the game onto a 1920X1200 external monitor. I can switch back and forth between strategic view and map view, and zoom in and out. I haven't played a game to the end, but the game works.

Hope that helps someone.

2. SCBrain

SCBrain Chieftain

Using the benchmark option on the main menu, I was getting between 12 and 20 FPS.

3. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Chieftain

Same as OP, it runs perfectly on 2015 MBP! (i5 2.7GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 6000). It runs even better than on my (older) Windows laptop too, which is a i5 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, 2GB AMD 7730M. Turns are quicker, browsing the map is smooth, everything is clearer. Same niggly issues with the actual game though, e.g. weird diplomacy and denouncements for no reason.

4. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

If y'all get a chance, would you post your scores from the benchmark option? We're trying to track scores by model in this thread:
    Mac benchmark scores

5. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

I'm thinking of buying the i7 version since I don't like the new MBP.

Have you gotten to a late game yet, and if so how well does it play?

6. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Chieftain

Plays fine on my MBP during late game! Probably faster than my PC laptop too (see specs in above post). I'm currently playing a 6 civ game on King on a 6-axis battle map in the nuclear age and it's only about 10 seconds between turns.

7. SCBrain

SCBrain Chieftain

Dear Kwagle,

I don't have the 2016 MBP, but the entry level 2015. I could run C6 easily until the end for all of the 10 or so games I completed. Sometimes I switched over to strategic view during the computer's turn and that seemed to help with the inevitable slow-down, but it never crashed.

SCB

8. johnnyfoodstamp

johnnyfoodstamp Chieftain

I posted my benchmark scores for the early 2015 Macbook Proin the mac benchmark thread but here they are again.

Early 2015 Macbook Pro
    2.7 ghz Intel i5
    8 GB ram
    Intel Iris 6100

Average Frame Time: 44.168ms
    99th Percentile: 54.957ms
    Average Turn Time: 35.22 sec

9. KWagle

KWagle Chieftain

Is that the 13 or the 15? Are you running in Boot Camp, or the Mac version?

10. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Chieftain

13" screen, running the Mac version

11. contrasupra

contrasupra Chieftain

On a whim, I tried to play a small map last night on a late-2013 13" MBP (Mac version). I did not really expect this to work *at all,* but to my surprise, it actually ran pretty well, and actually significantly faster than on the Bootcamp partition of this same computer. (I expected the Windows version in Bootcamp to run a lot better, but apparently not.) I haven't gotten to the late game yet, but I'll see how it goes.