Pericles the Culture Nut

This all sounds good to me. Will the new patch let you load saved games from 3.03 ?

Welcome aboard Jormungandr, assuming everyone else is cool with it.

Yes, it is said it will.

And yes, I am cool with the new guy!

Sorry guys but something has come up in RL where cant guarantee will be able to commit the necessary time to this so would rather drop out now than half way through.

I think we are five then. Well four for several turns, but as soon as TLO got his PC up, we will be 5.

As for now, here is the roster :

1. TheLastOne36 ( skipping )
2. Arlborn
3. Pawelo
4. Trieste
5. Jormungandr

Arlborn, can you pick the right setting and roll and post the start today, so we can discuss our opening options ?

After that, 24h got it, 48 play/report it, starting 30 turns, next 15 turns.

Good luck to us! ;) Have fun everyone!

OK, I will roll it later today! I can't right now. Here are the settings then:

Victory: Cultural. We win through Culture. Pretty obvious.
Leader: Pericles
Civ: Greece
Map: Fractal
Size: Standard
Speed: Epic
Difficulty: Prince
Civilizations: Standard number.
Rules: Win a Cultural Victory.

24 hours got it - 48 hours to play and post!

First turnset will be 30 turns, then all the others will be 15!

If you need a skip, please ask early!

And, at least for me, the quality of the report itself outweighs the quality of the play! The rules are pretty straight, so I would like to see some nice and funny reports with pictures!

Roster:

1. TheLastOne36 ( skipping until the end of time! )
2. Arlborn
3. Pawelo
4. Trieste
5. Jormungandr

24 hours got it - 48 hours to play and post!

If you need a skip, please ask early!

And, at least for me, the quality of the report itself outweighs the quality of the play! The rules are pretty straight, so I would like to see some nice and funny reports with pictures!

Fully :goodjob:

Waiting for the starting roll... :scan:

Noob says: Nevermind. Real start is in page four.

No problem for me, as it improves the overall gameplay. Anyway, it will be part of 3.13, so lets everybode use it to play.

As for the start, I'm rather mitigated.
A sea start without seafood seems hard to me. We have pigs & corn in the BFC, so Agr->AH is a must if we settle in place.
This city has a potential of a big production city - all those mines - once equipped with Moai's and lighthouse. We could aim for Colossus as well.
However, it hasn't enough food ressources to be a SE paradise.

I would consider trying to check for a better spot toward the floodplains, hoping for 1-2 food ressources and a gold ( dreams ;)).
The hill next to the corn (1W of it) seems nice too - we still have both food ressources in our cross - we can hope to have some better potential.

I still think we should settle in place and go for Maoi Statue! I think that is not so bad a start as it seems. With maioi statue we can use it as a production city.

And well, if we go for AH, we probably won't get Judaism, but if we go right after Agriculture to Monotheism, it will be risky and we may lose it anyway. Hum, I think we should have at least one holy city, so maybe we can try Christianism? Well, we can also have no religion at all, but that is risky! Or, we can just capture a holy city! Nobdoy said anything about wars anyway! :crazyeye:

I would vote to move the settler to the hill 1W of the corn. It is risky - we lose 2 turns if we are wrong, but I think it's worth it (believe it or not, I'm hardly a fan of moving around before settling thing).
As for me, it would be a nice spot for a 5-6th city, without sea food this capital is just a nice Moai production city.

I think we can grab Mono without too much problems. AI gets it usually around 1500 BC @Prince.

Hum, I will check this spot and drop the picture here. Give me 5 minutes. And I hope oyu are right about Mono. So I will go with Agriculture > AH.

By the way, build order? Worker > warrior?

Maybe it's worth to wait for a group consensus on this one ?

Settling the capital seems pretty important to me :crazyeye:

OK, I was hoping for something better. Still, it's better than the first one. I would settle there, not to wander too much. 1N of wine looks good, as well as on all those floodplains.

I propose you play ahead your 30 turns and we will check later on.

Your proposal worker/warrior works for me.
Agr/AH/Mono is alright.

Btw, do we start with Mining as Greece ?

Attachments

• Pericles The Cultural Nut BC-3250 end of turnset1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    56.4 KB · Views: 87

My turnset finished exactly when we get AH! I did put the tech path for Monotheism, but no beakers went in it yet. It will get too long as we have no Mysticism and no mining! :sad:

And somewhere in the middle we got our worker, and I started warrior. The worker is farming the corn and will finish in 3 turns. then he should go to the pig! And our warrior comes in 15 turns. Maybe we should build then a scout > warrior > settler?

Next player is pawelo, playing 15 turns.

Save attached.

Got it for later today.

As for Monotheism, it may be more interesting to delay it for after Mining or even Mysticism. It would be nice to have a mine 1N to Athens, after the corn and the pig tile.

Also, Mining in, we could start BW right after Mono checks in. As for Mysticism, it's never to early to put some hammers on Stonehenge while waiting for the settler ( never to early to start collecting culture ;) and an early GP will do us well )
And not to mention that Mono research time will be accordingly cut down.
Would have to calculate this carefully though, not to lose Mono and have to wait for Confu or Theo.

For the build path. I'd say warrior(ongoing one)->warrior or hammers on Stonehenge if available->as soon as BW available - chop settler.
I wouldn't go for a second worker asap - it limitates our city badly in growth and with BW far away, we have enough work for one worker.

PS. Can you post scouted screenies in your report ? I like to watch pictures when I can't directly play ( still at work... ) :scan:

Top Bottom