1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Permanently) Disabling Quick Links on Mozilla Firefox

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Onionsoilder, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm asking because recently Firefox activated this quick link thing, which is essentially the same as a search with Ctrl+F, only instead of using Ctrl-F it happens any time I press the ' key. It's incredibly annoying because I tend to like using proper punctuation in my posts, and while I have found several ways to disable it through modifying the about:config settings, it always comes back each time I restart Firefox. I'm seriously considering switching to Chrome even though it doesn't have all my faovrite plug-ins, just from how annoying this thing is. Horrible and redundant design decision IMO.

2. Genocidicbunny

Genocidicbunny Bug squasher

If the page focus is on a text box the quick links thing doesnt pop up for me.

If it's popping up even when you're typing in a text box, then you've got a bug. As intented, that shouldnt happen.