1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Permanently occupied city

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Arms Longfellow, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

A long time ago, I conquered a city from China, Longxi, and it's stuck at 2 population and refuses to grow. It has good housing and amenities. When I talk to Qin Shi Huang, no option is available to make a deal to cede the city to me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

UPDATE: I went back and completely eliminated Qin Shi Huang from the game and the city is still occupied! Why do the people of Longxi yearn to be ruled by that wonder-hoarding tyrant when they could be enjoying life in their fabulous new ch√Ęteaus?

3. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

Update 2: I figured out how to re-create the bug. I think I was too hasty in making a peace deal.

STEP 1: Conquer a city, do not click on the "Keep city?" button.

STEP 2: Immediately talk to the leader of the city you just conquered, make a peace treaty.

STEP 3: Now click the Keep city? button and keep it.

RESULT: That city is now permanently occupied and will never grow again.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, this is well attested. Lesson: Decide whether to "Keep or Raze" before initiating a peace treaty or, if you forget, and make peace before deciding, go ahead and raze the city (and just re-found the city if you want a city in that location).

5. BrendanVI

BrendanVI Chieftain

this happened to me too, I even tried resurrecting the AI, to give it back to him to only take it away again....
    I tried to give it to another AI and take it back...still occupied...
    So I harvested what ever I could around the city to grow it's population....then built forests all around with mills, the city became a worker production hub, but a thorn in my empire.
    Should be able to raze cities when ever you want to, cause I would of happily razed that city......

6. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

Did you also make a peace deal with him before clicking on "Keep city?"? I ask because I'm not 100% sure if I did that the first time it happened, even though I was able to replicate the bug by doing that.

I also don't know if it's intentional or not that AI leaders will denounce you for occupying their cities even if they cede them to you.

7. BrendanVI

BrendanVI Chieftain

i honestly can't remember, I very well could of seeing how it is an easy thing to do....will remember to be more meticulous next time...

8. BrendanVI

BrendanVI Chieftain

sounds like we can raze cities now, even after we capture them....how do we do this?

9. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

(After summer patch) -- I took China's capital, and later Teddy took China's last city. I DOW'd Teddy while he was still fighting China, and got that last China city from Teddy in a peace deal. Of course, I had no option to Keep or Raze BEFORE peace - so I took the city and now it is permanently Occupied. Huh?

I reloaded and can resurrect China, and it's not Occupied... The only 2 options are Keep and Liberate - Razing is not an option.

No matter which option, Teddy thanks me for keeping the peace the next turn, even though he Denounced me earlier for DOWing China (I started 2 wars and kept a capital!).