Perpetually Unfreindly AI

Scramble

Warlord
When I was a child (about 11 or so), i played my uncles copy of Civ2, and instantly fell in love with it. Since, I have bought and played all the games in the series, from Civ1-SMAC-BTS, and I've loved every one of them.
Recently, I have began my college education, and moved away from home, into a tiny one room apartment. Sadly, I do not have my desktop computer. Only a little laptop computer of limited power.
So I went back into my old days, and fired up SMAC, and had a blast! Now I want to go back further and get Civ2 going!

The trouble is, all I have is the multi-player gold edition. I remember after excitedly installing this expansion back in the day, I had a problem with the fact that i could never get the AI to like me for longer than a turn or two.
I wanted to know if this was still the case, and Wiki confirmed my dreads on the matter.
I was wondering if there is a patch (i see two in the downloads section, but i cant see any patch notes), or a modification I could do to bring the AI back to a normal level.
Thanks in advance!

I would really love to use normal AI with MGE, but this modification doesn't work correctly. I randomly get errors that end with game crashes, and can't do anything with that. And yes I checked proper versions, I did everything according to instructions and still it doesn't work the way it should. Normal MGE works just fine (except the extremely hostile AI) but after the patch - it doesn't. Any ideas? Does anybody else have similar problems?

Top Bottom