Persia and Macedon now available for iPad

Stevanovic

Warlord
Persia and Macedon Pack now available for in-app purchase on the iPad. I particularly like playing Alexander for domination victories so was happy to see this arrive today.

Last edited:
Thanks for noting this. At this rate it will not be long before we have Rise and Fall. Thank you Aspyr.

Thanks for noting this. At this rate it will not be long before we have Rise and Fall. Thank you Aspyr.
It's not quite the good news I thought it was.

The Persian UU is the Immortal and is described in the Civilopedia as a melee unit with a ranged attack which sounds very nice, but the ability to use a melee attack is missing making the UU nothing more than an expensive archer. That nerf leaves Persia without a melee unit between warrior and musketman.

Without a melee attack Immortals cannot use battering rams or siege towers. Once cities have walls Immortals are almost useless as you have to use Knights, Horsemen, Chariots or Warriors to take cities.

If you want to play Macedon the DLC is worth it. If you want to play Persia they now have one of the weakest unique units in the game, but Cyrus is still fun to play without them. The Immortal melee attack is missing in R&F so don’t expect a fix for the iPad anytime soon.

Last edited:
The immortal unit is as intended I believe, meaning that it is not a melee attacking unit but rather an archer having a great melee defense. Spearmen and swordsmen are needed for melee attack and supported by the immortals.

The immortal unit is as intended I believe, meaning that it is not a melee attacking unit but rather an archer having a great melee defense. Spearmen and swordsmen are needed for melee attack and supported by the immortals.
Persia cannot build swordsmen. The immortal replaces swordsmen

From the spring patch notes:

Fixed a bug preventing the Persian Immortal from using melee as its default attack.
I’m guessing we will eventually get those updates around the same time they are available for the Mac.

Top Bottom