Persian/Immortal(UU) Question

Jarlaxle13

Chieftain
What should be my cutoff date in terms of an Immortal Rush? I ask because my last one went extremely bad, mostly IMO because it takes a long time to research wheel and AH. To contextualize this, I play Noble on Marathon speed and a regular size map.

Also last game I had settled 5 cities by 100BC, which I think by most standards is slow but my economy couldn't support more especially since I was producing as many Immortals as I could.

What I'd tried to do was to get to Stalin early, since he was my northern neighbour on a continent of 5/6 civs(the others being mostly peaceful though SB did declare on me for no good reason). He only had 3 cities at the time but his archers just ripped my poor Immortals apart.

I'd like to give this civ another go, but when you're losing units at a 5-1 pace or so it hardly seems worthwhile.

Takes a long time to research wheel and AH?!??!?!? These should be the first two techs you research when you are Immortal rushing! It should take no more than 20 turns.

In the meantime, your capital should be creating 1 or 2 worker(s) and at max 1 settler.

After that, spam Immortals and pillage copper resources to prevent any Spearmen when at war.

Try and get in before Archery. This could be hard when going for a leader that starts with Hunting, i.e. Stalin.

Try and get in before Archery. This could be hard when going for a leader that starts with Hunting, i.e. Stalin.
You must be joking my friend. We are talking IMMORTALS!

And to the OP: attacking your neighbour 2000BC is a good goal for immortal rush and they stay usefull during BC even on immortal level.

Immortals are best against Archers, not Warriors!!!!!! Let the archers come!!!

Oops. I was definitely thinking of the wrong thing there. Perhaps my bad experiences against Protective Archers on hills. :blush:

I'd start with worker, settler while researching the wheel and animal husbandry. Find and settle near horses right away. Then build Immortals in your cities while teching to BW so you can chop rush and whip your immortals. You don't need to build any more settlers or workers, as you can take all the cities and workers you need.

immortals should chew up archers and axes. Spears will cause problems, but immortals get 50% vs. archers, plus 30% withdrawal - you might want a large stack, but 4 should take down a couple of archers without much of a problem and lose maybe 1.

Top Bottom