Persian Unique Unit? Or Ottoman?

Mehmethilmi

Chieftain
A month ago I bought Civilization 4 Complete and I enjoy playing this game very much. I used to play Civ 3 and the mods made the game better. So I decided to look for Civ 4 mods and I found Rise of Mankind. This is a great mod however I have one problem with it. Being Turkish I was quite dissapointed at the fact that the Sipahi was a Persian UU. Is there a way to change the Sipahi into an Ottoman UU?

Well, I think zap made it a Persian UU due to the fact that Sipahi comes from a Persian word. In fact, it is also the root for "Sepoy."

If you want to change it, you should use CIV4CivilizationInfos as a base for a module. It is easy to add the Sipahi to the Ottoman UU list, but to remove it from Persia, you would have to download A New Dawn and use the ForcedOverwrite tags (unless you are experienced at modding AND, I would not recommend the latter) due to the nature of WoC modules. Well, you should check out AND for more than just new XML tags, it has a lot of great content.

Thank you very much. Actually I rarely play as the Ottomans due to the fact that their diplomacy music is horrible. It doesnt even sound like Ottoman music. Now Im off to find a way to change that as well. :)

Top Bottom