Not really feeling this persona. I wish this was part of her original leader ability.. Nothing screams to me "Greek inspired" Egypt at least.

Not really feeling this persona. I wish this was part of her original leader ability.. Nothing screams to me "Greek inspired" Egypt at least.
honestly if they had moved the old bonus onto the new model (ptole!cleo) and put the new bonus on the cleo we already had i think it might fit better, maybe?

They really going all in on the "Egypt being the Breadbasket of the Roman Empire" shtick.

honestly if they had moved the old bonus onto the new model (ptole!cleo) and put the new bonus on the cleo we already had i think it might fit better, maybe?
Her old ability also deals with food too, which is why I'd like that condensed both into only one of her leader abilities. But your suggestion also could work, though still not ideal for me.

They really going all in on the "Egypt being the Breadbasket of the Roman Empire" shtick.
Yes, I really was hoping for something along the lines of "look at Alexandria being the new center of Hellenistic culture and learning", not two slightly different versions of "being the breadbasket of Rome" .

Last edited:
I like the positive appeal for the floodplains, tho I sort of think it should be just an Egyptian trait.

With Sphinx appeal being +2, makes for some more appeal based tourism game options for Egypt.

RIP Pairidaeza. May your nerf to +1 appeal be forever mourned.

I was prepared for meh but the new Cleo looks pretty interesting. 🙂

More food and culture from floodplains resources plus being better on appeal? Sign me up.

A little weird that Cleo's focus would be other high food civs. I guess the Khmer are going to be her bff. Lol.

Hmmm...grassland floodplains can have rice, corn, cotton, sugar and niter. (Plus archelogical ruins)

Plains floodplains are the same except they have wheat instead of rice.

Desert floodplains can have wheat in addition to cotton, sugar and niter.

Her old ability also deals with food too, which is why I'd like that condensed both into only one of her leader abilities. But your suggestion also could work, though still not ideal for me.

Yes, I really was hoping for something along the lines of "look at Alexandria being the new center of Hellenistic culture and learning", not two slightly different versions of "being the breadbasket of Rome" .
Yes. The fun part of Egypt has always been the flood plain/river aspect anyhow, as I said in the other thread new Cleopatra just replaces the old one.

Hmmm...grassland floodplains can have rice, corn, cotton, sugar and niter. (Plus archelogical ruins)

Plains floodplains are the same except they have wheat instead of rice.

Desert floodplains can have wheat in addition to cotton, sugar and niter.

i believe oil can also spawn on floodplains, at least desert floodplains. not sure why the wiki doesn't reflect this. kinda funny to get food from oil, at least with niter it can be a fertilizer

It may be a bit problematic that there's both an inventive to remove resources from food plains (production bonus next to river) and to keep them (bonus yields) :think:
the way i see it, the way ptole!cleo plays is you wanna get the riverside production bonus mostly from nonfloodplains tiles, saving floodplains for accumulating high yields with floods and preserves

Top Bottom