i think her hair kinda looks worse in motion actually, but i dont mind the rest of the design.
also that provisional jersey is just the base game default for egypt with the yellow made a shade darker (so Yellow_MD on Aqua_DK). so either this one isnt staying, or ptole!cleo is inheriting the previous default and pharaoh!cleo is getting a new one. leaning towards the former. in any case not a huge fan of dark aqua as a BG color, might try out seeing how Aqua_MD on Orange_DK looks as a reference to her outfit colors once she comes out

i think her hair kinda looks worse in motion actually, but i dont mind the rest of the design.
also that provisional jersey is just the base game default for egypt with the yellow made a shade darker (so Yellow_MD on Aqua_DK). so either this one isnt staying, or ptole!cleo is inheriting the previous default and pharaoh!cleo is getting a new one. leaning towards the former. in any case not a huge fan of dark aqua as a BG color, might try out seeing how Aqua_MD on Orange_DK looks as a reference to her outfit colors once she comes out
The spotlight banners don't have a good track record of being accurate

Looks better in motion as Eagle Pursuit says, but I still don't love it. Maybe it's a little better than default Cleo? This pack is the one I was looking forward to the most and so far has been the most disappointing. :(

I like this model, but I still think the base game Cleo model is much better.

1676230996069.png

As an aside, the detail in the jewellery and lighting in vanilla Cleo only makes Ramesses look even more out of place when seen side by side.
1676231128470.png

As an aside, the detail in the jewellery and lighting in vanilla Cleo only makes Ramesses look even more out of place when seen side by side.
[IMG width="410px" alt="1676231128470.png"]https://forums.civfanatics.com/attachments/1676231128470-png.653645/[/IMG]
Ramesses' pectoral may be the worst asset in the entire game. It just looks awful. Did they forget to set up the textures and materials? Because that looks like the kind of thing you'd set up as a placeholder.

Ramesses' pectoral may be the worst asset in the entire game. It just looks awful. Did they forget to set up the textures and materials? Because that looks like the kind of thing you'd set up as a placeholder.
At least its not Kublai Khan

Kublai Khan is still the worst leader model overall, I agree, but Ramesses' pectoral specifically is worse than any one element of Kublai's model. Ramesses is definitely joining the Kublai Khan-Basil II-Gandhi club.

Kublai Khan is still the worst leader model overall, I agree, but Ramesses' pectoral specifically is worse than any one element of Kublai's model. Ramesses is definitely joining the Kublai Khan-Basil II-Gandhi club.
I mean Kublai 10/10 would definitely

Excluding the face and hands, most of that model looks like something a beginner into 3d modelling would do... or a professional trying to rush a job. But in that case, why advertise him in the picture for the Leader Pass? It implies they see him as a selling point, like Lincoln or Elizabeth, but the result contradicts that. They already warned that "dates are subject to change", so why not delay it a bit and improve the model somewhat before release?

Gandhi looks great! Sure he has an alien head and dumbo ears, but that's a design choice, not a lack of quality in the model imo. He's very expressive and the motions are smooth.

I think Basil is a handful of notches above Kublai and Ramesses.

Jewelry went from neon rave green to a quite pretty light blue (which preview pics dont show lol) and they look much better. If her new UI and or agenda is "The Last Pharaoh" along the boats in the background, I think this is meant to depict her before Actium, which would explain why is she wearing a leather dress (a symbolical armor, like Cersei corset in GoT S2)

Jewelry went from neon rave green to a quite pretty light blue (which preview pics dont show lol) and they look much better.
oh yeah they did change it, huh! personally i feel like its a downgrade but also i tend to like garish loud colors so i totally get why its changed, its probably better this way ^_^

Jewelry went from neon rave green to a quite pretty light blue (which preview pics dont show lol) and they look much better. If her new UI and or agenda is "The Last Pharaoh" along the boats in the background, I think this is meant to depict her before Actium, which would explain why is she wearing a leather dress (a symbolical armor, like Cersei corset in GoT S2)
Well spotted!

1676234852671.png

Though this only means that we'll find out which one is the real version on release day.

Edit: now that I think about it, I think you'll be disappointed. The green is probably the updated version.

HOWEVER, this gives me a sliver of hope that Ramesses will look better... just a little bit.

Well spotted!

View attachment 653651

Though this only means that we'll find out which one is the real version on release day.

Edit: now that I think about it, I think you'll be disappointed. The green is probably the updated version.

HOWEVER, this gives me a sliver of hope that Ramesses will look better... just a little bit.
Could be a thing too, although in the last patch Wu Zetian didn't have eye makeup in the first preview but she did have it afterwards, so I lean towards this being the update. The original green in that bright tone is abysmal

This pack is the one I was looking forward to the most and so far has been the most disappointing. :(
That's the problem with having only the visual assets to speculate with for the moment. Abilities are also a big part of why a leader is interesting, but they give us only one part. That's utterly disappointing in itself.
We just have to hope that those leaders' abilities will somewhat compensate their visual effects. I hope so. Because, if not... well, I don't know what will happen. But I truly hope that it's not a sign of the future leaders, that it's just a fluke. But I feel like it's just a decreasing slope since Great Commanders.

But yeah, nonetheless, nothing to say that hasn't been said yet (because there's pretty much nothing to say). Just wait until Thursday, I guess, because until then, we will have literally nothing new to play with. Weren't the "leader spotlights" closer to the actual delivery the times before? Perhaps they learnt for our yearning and will do a proper First Look before they go live? Or perhaps we will have a livestream? Four days seems a long way without anything else to discuss...

Looks better in motion as Eagle Pursuit says, but I still don't love it. Maybe it's a little better than default Cleo? This pack is the one I was looking forward to the most and so far has been the most disappointing. :(
Because of the graphics? Surely gameplay is more important?

Top Bottom