[LP] Persona Spotlight: Harald Hardrada (Varangian)

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.
Last edited:
Okay, somebody has to explain these to me: what are these?
1679769998141.png

Are they, like, straws for water pouches Harald keeps inside of his armour, or something?

Okay, somebody has to explain these to me: what are these?
View attachment 657669
Are they, like, straws for water pouches Harald keeps inside of his armour, or something?
Those are hair ties. Most historians don’t realize elastic hair ties were invented in the Middle Ages (mostly because I completely made that up).

The chainmail texture and physic is weird, it is functioning similar to a leather hood
An actual chainmail texture would be a rendering nightmare to implement, even with the tools/tech they have (as in transparency).

Hmm, so I'm guessing he'll only be playable for Norway and not dual as England?

(although honestly, it'd almost make more sense to make him playable as Byzantium than England)

Hmm, so I'm guessing he'll only be playable for Norway and not dual as England?
Pretty sure this was always a given. From the very beginning it was always listed as: Varangian Harald (Norway). The current version would make more sense as a potential leader for England, anyway. Not by much though. :p
(although honestly, it'd almost make more sense to make him playable as Byzantium than England)
I mean he never led Byzantium, so it wouldn't make sense. This is representing the part of life when he was in exile and serving as a bodyguard to the Byzantine Emperor.

Looking at chainmail, this character immediately comes to mind. Sorry
Spoiler :

1679804760727.png

This is the standard Norway theme. I think it's the 'modern' variant.
👀

I may not have heard this music in a while b'cos I usually am listening to my own playlists whilst playing...certainly in the last 5+ years.

Anyway, I really think for next Civ Firaxis ought to develop more contemporary music for the post modern eras.
They have future tech...but classical music 🤣

Pretty sure this was always a given. From the very beginning it was always listed as: Varangian Harald (Norway). The current version would make more sense as a potential leader for England, anyway. Not by much though. :p

I mean he never led Byzantium, so it wouldn't make sense. This is representing the part of life when he was in exile and serving as a bodyguard to the Byzantine Emperor.

Well, I was thinking he might pull double duty like Kublai.

👀

I may not have heard this music in a while b'cos I usually am listening to my own playlists whilst playing...certainly in the last 5+ years.

Anyway, I really think for next Civ Firaxis ought to develop more contemporary music for the post modern eras.
They have future tech...but classical music 🤣
Background music has to be background music, though. It has to play on loop and not become too annoying. It has to not grab your attention away from the game itself.

The current game music evolves from simplistic melodies and instrumentation to much more complex arrangements as the eras progress. Some of the atomic-era tracks have heavy drum beats and synthesizers in the mix. And that's probably about as modern as I'd like!

Well, I was thinking he might pull double duty like Kublai.
I don't know how that would have worked out since he was already established as a leader for Norway from vanilla.

Top Bottom