1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Personality Type (Briggs Myer) of Civ4 Players

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mutax2003, Oct 16, 2012.

1. mutax2003

mutax2003 Rider of China, 4-3-3

Hi,

Just wondering what is the dominant personality type for civ4 players, I am a INTJ (introverted and analytical minded), which I suspect will be a common result due to analytical and strategic focus of the game. Try this test and let me know what's your result: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Cheers,

Mutax2003

2. jarhead_leif

jarhead_leif Civ2ToT Modder

..mine is INFJ

..Introverse(22%)
    ..iNtuitive(12%)
    ..intuitive Feeling(12%)
    ..Judging(11%)

.,how bad is that??:lol:

3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Wtf It gave me 1% for thinking over feeling while I am a deeply scientific rationally thinking person! I call that not to be true.

Edit: Huh I didn´t know CFC censors swears. :/

4. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator

INTJ for me.

5. pob

pob Deity²

6. rah

rah Deity Supporter

over the years I've been either ENTJ or ENFJ the T and F are always close.

7. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Whoa ! I am a little spurised of the results :D

INFP
    Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(62%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Perceiving(22)%

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
    You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

:D

Now if You excuse me I will just masquerade in my ESTJ business suit [pimp]

8. Barbuesque

Barbuesque Prince

I scored INFP or ENFP depending on the test and time I took it.

I don't think the internet tests are valid versions of the myers briggs tests. 75% of the population should be *S**, and the poll shows 85% of *N**. While I don't expect the civ forum population to be representative of the population as a whole, this strikes me as suspicious.

Even more suspicious, I also ran it at work. We're a catering business. Food. Customer service. Everyone scored *N**. I just don't think the humanmetrics test, at least, is valid.

9. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

:agree: Yeah I agree. Anyways I've always imagined women as being more intuitive while man being more sensible. Now there's no such possibility that most of the population being intuitive, we need reason oftentimes ;) Maybe the questions are flawed or something.

10. damerell

damerell Slow Worker

That's not very sensible.

11. Dr.Null

Dr.Null forIhavetastedthesushi

Same here. I usually fall into ENFJ but the T and F are close.

Field Marshals represent!

12. vandermerwe

vandermerwe Butt of many jokes

Well I've come out as ISTP both times this has been done professionally, with a strong tendency towards the STP elements. This tells me I'm moderately INFJ. Hmm.

13. rah

rah Deity Supporter

Professional or not, the test is slightly user biased. Despite all attempts to assign attributes based on multiple questions, many people will still answer the questions based on what they think the right answer is, and not how they truly feel. Those that have taken many different versions over the years will have a general idea. Like in my case, where the T and F score so close that sometimes it's one and sometimes the other. All the other attributes have been consistent over the last 25 years.

14. mynystry

mynystry jaguar warrior from hell

INTP here... yeah, i suppose every hardcore Civ-fanatic has to share this with me: love for strategy games.

Btw, I find the Briggs Myer theory of personality to be pretty interesting. But of course it is a simplification of a very complex matter.

Cheers

15. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

INTP here

I think the test is over-simplified, with some questions too generalized. That is, better served by a more detailed type test or question, such as the theoretical stuff. Where the average person does not even realize what type of question they are really answering.

The Soap Opera question is a bit bizarre. I've never watched a soap and I'd bet there are many who have not or never cared to.

16. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

These are the results of my test.
    ESTJ
    Extravert(1%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(38%) Judging(33%)

17. Dark.Star

Dark.Star Chieftain

I am ISTJ with 89% for Introvert! I always new I am a bit of introvert... But you know what my job is? Recruitment Consultant! Funny how the life turns out...

18. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

ENTP: I declare war and backstab people for fun.

19. mutax2003

mutax2003 Rider of China, 4-3-3

This website has interesting portraits of different personality types, link: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

For example, here is theHere is an excerpt for INTJ:

As an INTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill. To a somewhat lesser extent, they have similar expectations of others.

With Introverted Intuition dominating their personality, INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way. Unlike the INTP, they do not follow an idea as far as they possibly can, seeking only to understand it fully. INTJs are driven to come to conclusions about ideas. Their need for closure and organization usually requires that they take some action.

INTJ's tremendous value and need for systems and organization, combined with their natural insightfulness, makes them excellent scientists. An INTJ scientist gives a gift to society by putting their ideas into a useful form for others to follow. It is not easy for the INTJ to express their internal images, insights, and abstractions. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. However, the INTJ is driven to translate their ideas into a plan or system that is usually readily explainable, rather than to do a direct translation of their thoughts. They usually don't see the value of a direct transaction, and will also have difficulty expressing their ideas, which are non-linear. However, their extreme respect of knowledge and intelligence will motivate them to explain themselves to another person who they feel is deserving of the effort.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

20. King Kalmah

King Kalmah Magyar Madness

I wasn't trying to out do you or anything(even took the test before reading the replys,but damn am I introverted...

INFJ
    Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

EDIT...

You know I do like the "journey" as opposed to the "Destination",but the way the questions were asked I felt more like they were asking me if I like figuring out the problem or do I like it solved...(I think the answer is easy especially when your at a job...and not coming up with the solution can mean your termination)

All in all a fair test,but I am positive I think more then I feel...since my thinking normally takes a while to make me emo...but then again...ugh its a vicious cycle...