do you want redcoats and cossacks to be the they was in in the vanilla versoin

• yes

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • no

Votes: 74 76.3%

• Total voters

kristopherb

Protective/Charismatic
in warlord s redcoats and cossacks have been down graded which i feel like they have gone to farbut redcoats and cossacks are at an equall par with praeds but are they down graded no.:mad: :mad:

:mad:
once redcoat could survive an atack on there counter but now they cant ,they could stand up agaist an infanty and have 50-50 chance,they used to beat defend ed rifleman and still win(75%)

once cossacks where feared by everyone (except the english),they could wipe out ai from the map without moving an arm now they cant.once they where imune from rifleman now they are deadin the water

still preads can wipe out civs left ,right and centre uncheacked un matched they still have 50-50vs macemen(upgrade pread)so why aren't they downgraded.:mad:
this the kind of stuff which will put people of warlords
the point of this petition is to get redcoats back upto the 16 and cossacks to 18 strength

So is this a petition to get the overpowered Redcoat/Cossacks back, or to nerf the Praetorian? Frankly, all the reasons you mentionned (beat their counters, feared by no one, can stand up against more modern units) are exactly the reasons why they were (and needed to be) nerfed in the first place.

I think the changes to redcoats and cossacks is a good idea. It makes them still powerful but not all-powerful. They can be countered now.

would be unbalanced in warlord... now, with the UB, england is a financial powerhouse... they can't have the best UU too... they would conquer the world far too easily... wait, that is what they done? :crazyeye:
the city of Quebec where I live has been conquered in the era where those pesky redcoats where still on the battlefield?
oh well, it's just a game ;)

DigitalBoy said:
So is this a petition to get the overpowered Redcoat/Cossacks back, or to nerf the Praetorian? Frankly, all the reasons you mentionned (beat their counters, feared by no one, can stand up against more modern units) are exactly the reasons why they were (and needed to be) nerfed in the first place.
the laeders traits arent the best trait combo s so they add the uu inthe game to make it all ballaned

kristopherb said:
the laeders traits arent the best trait combo s so they add the uu inthe game to make it all ballaned

What's wrong with Phi/Fin? That's like...research powerhouse.

The bad thing is that firaxis moving from overpowered to overnerfed, not normal ones.

Phyr_Negator said:
The bad thing is that firaxis moving from overpowered to overnerfed, not normal ones.

Heh! Reminds me of Blizzard's patches for Diablo II:
Programmer: "So [feature] is overpowered, you say? Well that's easy to solve, lets just make it utterly useless!"
Playtester: "Uhm, wouldn't something in between useless and overpowered be better for balance? Hey, were did you go? Did you hear what I said?"

While I wouldn't say Redcoats and Cossacks are "useless" after the Warlords nerfs, they should have a little more "oomph". But it's a step in the right direction - in vanilla they're just ridiculous.

i was waiting for you to start this thread. i voted NO until you download spell-check!

kristopherb said:
once redcoat could survive an atack on there counter but now they cant ,they could stand up agaist an infanty and have 50-50 chance,they used to beat defend ed rifleman and still win(75%)

once cossacks where feared by everyone (except the english),they could wipe out ai from the map without moving an arm now they cant.once they where imune from rifleman now they are deadin the water

Wait wait wait... so this is your arguement to change them back?

Good work.. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the OP is one of those players...

Listen, if you really want it to be overpowered, nothing it stopping you from going into worldbuilder like you do in the other 25% of the games where the AI declares war on you.

kristopherb said:

I agree! This is great news! Thank god they fixed these horrible game imbalances where an 18th century unit could stand up to a 20th century unit, and a unit that let you wipe out the AI "without moving an arm".

:beer: :dance: :banana: :bounce: :woohoo: :rockon: :clap:

Wait, why are you mad?

i'm sort of new to this can someone explain wat vannila version is???

this is silly. the units needed to be nerfed. they are fine now. they just missed the praetorian, that's all.

the point of this petition is to get redcoats back upto the 16 and 18 strength

What about the cossacks? your title says cossacks but you don't say anyting about it in the end.

Hadrean said:
What about the cossacks? your title says cossacks but you don't say anyting about it in the end.
thanks adjusted

kristopherb said:

I just wanted to tell you how much I am sympathizing with you: Not at all.

Just listen: I know you love redcoats. But THAT is no reason to leave them that unbalanced as they were. Same with cossacks.
Cossacks were the reason I won my first monarch games. And I knew before that +? strengths of cossacks just would kick ass.

It's been unbalanced, now its balanced.

Everything ok, what for a petition? :D

Top Bottom