Petition : Recall 2k Elizebeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

evrett37

Prince
I don't have a nifty chart or graph for you, if that's what you are looking for, however I run our customer service group

I'm in marketing - interactive marketing, to be precise - and I'll never hide that for any of you.

Without being personal or mean I'd like to start a petition to recall 2k Elizebeth as the 2k representative. Lets send her back with a message to the devs that we want an actual customer representative not a sales broker with divided loyalties. Someone who will deliver information promptly, not in "exclusive" nuggets and advertisements. Someone who's one job is customer communication and not customer conscription and profit maximizing. Etc etc.

We can deal with this now.. or later when there are problems and she decided not to address them because it might look bad and damage the bottom line. In reality, I think we know not everyone who smiles and talks nice is our friend. I cant say whether a pure customer service rep will be true 100%, but I know a salesman wont be. The propaganda maestro can not also run the fair and balanced news media.

She cant do her job properly and we deserve someone who can. Nip this in the butt now by signing below

/signed

If you know anything about marketing you would then understand that information is given in "exclusive" nuggets and advertisements to increase customer "desire" for the product. She's doing her job.

/NOT signed

I can't figure out what this thread is for. Is it because she is in marketing that we should crucify her, or that she doesn't indulge you, the esteemed evrett37, with exclusives? Quickly, I need reasons to get to be one of the first on this bandwagon.

/not signed:

She's just doing her job, man! Why do so many people take this stuff so personally? :gripe:

If you're unhappy with it, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! They owe you nothing, nor do you owe them anything. But they're all human beings, just trying to get by, one day at a time.

Lighten the ____ up :)

How exactly does she have divided loyalties? She works in marketing for 2K.

Do you think that games companies are supposed to hire some kind of ombudsmen for game fans? Seriously?

No tinfoil hattery involved. Marketing and customer service are competing interests. They should be separate jobs. If you guys are happy surrendering your rights to speak up fine. As for me, forgive the overly dramatic cliche, but - all evil needs to win is for good to do nothing. Doing nothing is as bad and doing the wrong thing because the right thing never gets done.

There are other ways to be active participants in making sure this baby is born right beyond voting with our wallets after the fact. If the game sucks or is broken and you sat around with your thumbs up your butt and were passive you deserve everything you get.

2k Elizbeth isnt the right person to be filtering feedback from the community. If she wants to be a marketer fine. But she cant be both. The propaganda maestro cant also run the fair and balanced media.

No tinfoil hattery involved. Marketing and customer service are competing interests. They should be separate jobs. If you guys are happy surrendering your rights to speak up fine.

Wait, what? When did we get to the part about surrendering our rights? Exactly what rights are you talking about?

(Oh, /not signed)

She's doing her job. That doesn't mean we have to believe any of it.

No offense, I'm sure 2K Elizabeth is a wonderful person, but your job is to convince us that to go against what we believe. I don't exactly appreciate it, though I understand it's your job.

what a bunch of bleating hearts. Elizbeth is getting paid and has a job which is more than some people these days. I'm more interested in the future of Civ than this persons delicate feelings and a marketer in sheep's clothing is a threat to the game.

I think this is night elf female syndrome. She could be some fat child buggering nazi but as along as "She" has a female avatar she's a wonderful person because there just might be that chance that if you suck up enough you might score with her.

Its not personal..there is a tool for every job and while he/she/it is wearing 2 hats we have the wrong tool here for what needs to be accomplished.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Oh please stop. This is all getting too much for an old f@rt like me.

Not signed.

I think this is night elf female syndrome. She could be some fat child buggering nazi but as along as "She" has a female avatar she's a wonderful person because there just might be that chance that if you suck up enough you might score with her.

Hahaha, I nominate this post for most ridiculous one heard yet on this forum.

Actually, I believe that might have been the most accurate Civ5 prediction yet! :rolleyes:

evrett37 has a point that there would appear to be an apparent conflict of interest with someone having the two roles - customer service as well as marketing.
However, evrett37, it is quite a stretch and crossing the line to ask that she be "sent back". It's people like you evrett37 who drive these representatives away from the forums in the first place.

You don't need to believe every word she says. You're mature enough to know what marketing is about.

We are not talking about a politician here. You don't have the right to "vote" her out. Disagree with her posts and so forth if you must, but you needn't make it so personal. :( Moreover, you're singling out someone who has been a member of civfanatics for a few years. As such, you will find the civfanatics community quite disapproving of your petition.

Ask yourself how you would feel if tomorrow members of the public started signing a petition that you be sacked from your job.

This isnt about a lost puppy or a homeless orphan.. and its not personal as much as you want to make it so to distract from the point.

This person is a paid employee sent here specifically to convince you to purchase a product. I'm not suggesting she needs to be censored or banned. I am suggesting that we, as customers, send a message saying that if they are going to send someone supposedly to facilitate communication with the community, send someone who lacks conflicting interests.

This isnt a lots puppy or a homeless orphan.. and its not personal as much as you want to make it so to distract from the point.

This person is a paid employee sent here specifically to convince you to purchase a product. I'm not suggesting she needs to be censored or banned. I am suggesting that we, as customers, send a message saying that if they are going to send someone, send someone who lacks conflicting interests.

I don't think she made any pretensions whatsoever on what she did say or why. You know, supplying information to the fanbase. But yeah, maybe your idea of sending someone neutral, someone who doesn't know anything about the Civilization series in other words, would be better. Can't see how that would go wrong.

all i can say is 'sigh'

She's just doing her job as distasteful as it is being a corporate shill.

You should contact these people and air out your grievances:

2K Games
Jennie Sue, 415-507-7861
pr@2kgames.com

or

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Meg Maise, 646-536-2932
(Corporate Press/Investor Relations)
meg.maise@take2games.com

or

Access Communications for 2K Games
Brian Roundy, 917-522-3540
broundy@accesspr.com

(from the PR at: http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20100506005969&newsLang=en)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom