[BTS] PH S21E01: It's a Dam, Dam, Dam, Dam World

Not much to report on here. Pushed a lot of enter.

Our workers have finished up improving the empire, including any resources outside of city radius.

Steel came in, on to Railroad. We had some trade opportunities for SciMethod, but I didn't think the beakers we would get back were worth it just yet. It was only Mil Science and Astro the AI was willing to trade.

Statue of Liberty done. I also finished the Forbidden palace up in PiRamesses to help with maintenance. versailles could help up there as well.

More science buidlings in, levees where feasible. With nothing else, i went with cash bldgs.

I also p[layed 16 turns as well since it was a lot of nothing.

roster
pholk > just played
LK > up now
oz > on deck

Attachments

• pholkhero2 AD-1820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    302.6 KB · Views: 61
Got it

1820 AD (0)
I am glad to see the angry people gone.
We are still stuck as 6 of 6 for score.
I don’t understand the Hermitage build in Thebes. It won’t push any borders, and we aren’t going for a cultural win. I switch to military builds in Thebes. Another war is highly likely with the amount of negatives from Pacal.

I give Saladin steam power for military science and $130. The great general creates a military academy in Thebes.
I give Liz steam power for astronomy and $180.
I avoided scientific method to keep the great library active as long as possible.
There are still multiple techs needed, but the AI won’t trade them.
(IT) Pi-Ramesses has good shields, so I start Iron Works there. A second city to help with space parts at a decent clip will be nice.

1822 AD (1)
(IT) Research on rails is completed. I start research on rifles.
I spend $51 to keep the theater in Giza.

1824 AD (2)
I want to put our sleeping workers to use, but I find we have no coal. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I send the workers south to Thebes. If we get coal, that is the #1 city to push rails.
The production boost from rails would have really helped us. No AI will offer to trade coal at this point.

1826 AD (3)
(IT) UGG - someone is sending spies to destroy our tiles.

1828 AD (4)
(IT) I get a great spy. It will to go Thebes to build Scotland Yard to take advantage of the merged spy.

1830 AD (5)
I queue up 2 buildings giving spy points in Thebes. I want the maximum boost from Scotland Yard.
(IT) I start research on combustion.

1832 AD (6)
(IT) A new source of iron was found by Elephantine.

1838 AD (9)
I wake up 2 workers, and put them on go to where a mine was destroyed.

1840 AD (10)
Another scientist has appeared. I merge them into Thebes. The point where merges are effective is just about over.

Summary:
We badly need to get coal. Please keep an eye out for a chance to trade for it.

ROSTER:

pholkhero >> on deck
LK >> just played
Ozbenno >> playing

Attachments

• pholkhero2 AD-1840.CivBeyondSwordSave
    313.3 KB · Views: 59
We don't have any spies so I order up a few and a couple of turns in

He's not too much of a problem but this guy is

And one annoyingly placed city gone

I end up trading for Sci Method with Rifling to Liz as she was the only one who didn't have it and we're needing it now.

Otherwise, we researched Combustion, Corporation and Assembly Line all on our lonesome and Biology is selected.

Couldn't remember if we were allowed to build factories so queued up infantry instead.

Sury won't take peace for the moment but his forces are limited to a few pillaging cavalry and the like in the north. Don't really have an effective counter so just riding it out at the moment.

Attachments

• pholkhero2 AD-1868.CivBeyondSwordSave
    334.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I was afraid we would see so more wars. Looks like I am right. :(

Situation Normal: All Flarbed Up.

Got it

edit: Twitch gaming (where my civ was) just swapped to Amazon gaming, and I can't seem to access my Civ 4. i'll figure it out tonight. if worse comes to worst, it's a 2nd reason to get the game on steam.

Last edited:
hey so, it seems that with the swap, I lost all my free games i had from twitch, one of which was 4. now, normally, no issue, but, little did i know the secret christmas wife got a jump on shopping to make sure we ahd everything with the delivery issues here int eh states, and am pretty much out of disposable income until payday. a little embarrassing but we're all friends here, but i will just need a skip till friday.

i wanted to get it on steam anyway so now there's no need to wait for any sale (queue black friday sale next week :lol: ) but i'm OOP till then.

Contrariwise, pretend that I played and, i totally took all of the northern part of the Eastern River. I think i'm about to launch next set. :rockon:

edit: however, i do now have BAFL (brakes are for losers) which i'm pretty sure will be name of the next SG I lose play

Do you want to pause the game until you are back in the loop?

alright, ready to rock n roll. re-got it. will play and post tonight. thx all :goodjob:

305: facotory in memphis after HEpic, and we lost something at Thebes, that i had misread, thinking it was talking about our capital, and i don't remember what. i think it was the hermitage, but not sure how that would work. isn't that a national wonder? sorry

up north at Pi-Ram, i took out a lone cav that was just above our city as a target of opportunity; and moved the rifle make to safety same turn.

306: sometimes its better to be lucky than good, as we got the "healed our forces" event, and now have peace w Surya!

307: Combustion for Communism +20g from Vicky, then a turn later, Communism to sally for Mil Trad, his map and 260g. I thought State Prop would help with production and corruption, but didn't want to revolt w/o discussion first. Also, i thought the defensive pact might be nice to hlep counter pacal. at the end of my set, vicky and sally are at pleased and will take the deal straight up, so i think we should probably do that. they also both hate pacal, but won't attack him.

312: I started Oxford univ in Elephantine; its our 2nd sci city and the first is full.

315: uranium is found near alexandria.

i stopped here mainly to not waste too many turns if we decide to revolt, and to grab the alliances if we want them. i think both are good moves, but am not sure . i built factories in a few cities so far, but we cna't build any power plants except hydro. I researched phsycis during my set after Bio, and moved onto flight so we can begin to reach for the stars.

i also built some machine guns, infantry and airships with more in production. I found pacal's army, and it's disturbingly close:

Roster:
pholk: played
LK: playing
oz: will play

and the save:

Attachments

• pholkhero2 AD-1890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    345.1 KB · Views: 23
Got it

1890 AD (0)
Switching to state property gives up 24 beakers before multipliers. The total cities cost is 23.13. Only part of that is distance maintenance. As I suspected, the empire is too small to benefit from state property.

I put a work boat at the top of the list in Giza. The cities are hurting for health, and the fish isn’t being worked.

I see one piece of good news. The civ is back to 4 of 6. That is a major improvement in dead last in score from my last set.

WTH? Why weren’t our workers active? I can’t believe how bad of shape our improvements are. Multiple resources are destroyed, and not being fixed.

Another WTH???? I just noticed coal inside our borders way below Thebes. Why wasn’t this connected? We badly need a rail-net up, but coal is just sitting idle. What is weird is don’t recall seeing my last set. I wake up all of our workers to connect coal.
(IT)

1894 AD (2)
Creative Constructions is founded in Memphis. Aluminum Co would be nicer to found.
(IT) Spies destroyed a town. :mad:

1896 AD (3)
The coal is connected. :dance:

1900 AD (5)
(IT) A camp was destroyed by spies. :mad:

1901 AD (6)
(IT) A mine is destroyed by spies. This is getting beyond frustrating.

1902 AD (7)
CC expands to Alexandria.

1903 AD (8)
(IT) The modern era has been reached.

1904 AD (9)
CC is spread in Thebes.

Electricity is needed to get down the tech tree for space parts. I give flight to Liz for electricity and $20.
I click on robotics to put us on the path to Space Elevator.
(IT) Once again we are a victim of spies.
I refuse to give Brennus commie for free.

Summary:
If we get a scientist, please found Aluminum Co. That will solve a LOT of our problems. IMO we can’t win without aluminum.

Please get CC into all of our cities.

Memphis needs to build Wall Street as soon as bank #6 is completed. This will offset a lot of the cost of having the corps.

All tech choices must be on the path for space parts. Liz is at least 4 techs ahead of us. To pull off the remote chance of winning we need to build Space Elevator.

What is crazy is that my big worry was Pacal, but not Liz feels like more of a danger to win.

ROSTER:

pholkhero >> on deck
LK >> just played
Ozbenno >> playing

Attachments

• pholkhero2 AD-1905.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.7 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom