PH2201: The Persian People's Front: Crack Suicide Squad

Well done!
Should we tolerate our families not following our religion, or even worse, following Egyptian paganism??
I vote for war with the Babs, they're only Stronger, when Greece is Much Stronger. We do have an idea where Greece is actually, just west of us we can see their capital, there might be at least one city between us and the capital too. Babs are already angry with us when Greece is Pleased and at Peace. If we conquer the Babs we might have no one left on the eastern flank.

Well done!
Should we tolerate our families not following our religion, or even worse, following Egyptian paganism??
I vote for war with the Babs, they're only Stronger, when Greece is Much Stronger. We do have an idea where Greece is actually, just west of us we can see their capital, there might be at least one city between us and the capital too. Babs are already angry with us when Greece is Pleased and at Peace. If we conquer the Babs we might have no one left on the eastern flank.
:yup:

we should not tolerate dissident families, though. we should aim to get all heads converted or assassinated if they won't.

Reactions: PiR
I should be able to play in 24 hours.

There’s a third option we haven’t considered yet - declare war on everyone! :p

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.”

I should be able to play in 24 hours.

There’s a third option we haven’t considered yet - declare war on everyone! :p

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.”

well, as in all things, timing is everything. we WILL be at war with everyone :D

Babylon has an alliance with our sworn food, the Egyptians. I have no clue how we're still at peace with them, but it worries me that our Egyptian feast could eventually draw us into conflict with the Babylonians anyways. So I per-emptively declared them dinner.
upload_2022-4-14_22-4-25.png

Apparently we're building a lighthouse. Will make it easier to sail across the sea for a midnight barbarian snack.
upload_2022-4-14_22-7-12.png

None of our cities are building military. I let Parsa keep building the missionary, but the other two switch to a slinger/chariot. I have a feeling things are going to start getting rocky soon, we need all the backup we can get.

We have some new allies in the war against overpopulation!
upload_2022-4-14_22-10-31.png

We so generously start helping Greece in their war against Babylon, and now they stop helping us fight Egypt? Traitors.
upload_2022-4-14_22-16-35.png

We are forced to pick an ambition or lose legitimacy. Hope we're hungry.
upload_2022-4-14_22-18-40.png

Babylon leaves a lone chariot just sitting there. Hopefully it's not a trap. I take the bait and kill it.
upload_2022-4-14_22-21-44.png

I kill a barbarian up north too. I debated moving the troops south to deal with Babylon/Egypt sooner, but it bothered me he was just idling around up there.

Babylon door dash delivers a single tasty unit to our front door. How convenient!
upload_2022-4-14_22-26-23.png

Our warrior attacking the Egypt town is getting weak, so I pull him back to heal. While our slingers attack, we get an event which gives us a free axeman. Score!

Our chancellor dies inbetween turns. Both replacement options have such a voracious appetite, they'll cause negative growth. Impressive, but I'm going to pass for now.
upload_2022-4-14_22-28-25.png

The Matriarch converts one of the families to Cannibalism. I assign her to convert the last one. Soon we will be united under one faith!

The Danes want a truce. I see they've converted to Cannibalism, so I accept. Between Babylon, Greece, and barbarian invasion, we already have more food than we can eat.

The Babylon counter offensive has been laughable, so I divert our troops over to Egypt. We manage to conquer and gain more land. They come sniveling to us for a truce. We have their ambassador for brunch.
upload_2022-4-14_22-34-20.png

The cannibal matriarch converts the last family to the one true faith. She earns a well deserved promotion for doing so.
upload_2022-4-14_22-36-6.png

Like a good neighbor, cannibals are there. Greece weakens a Babylonian city, I swoop in and steal the kill.
upload_2022-4-14_22-37-54.png

Babylon sends a single unit to take a pot shot at our holy city, our capital. Our troops angrily behead him.
upload_2022-4-14_22-39-26.png

The Babylon counter attack finally comes. We lose two units. Time to start playing more defensively.

Babylon has a large force moving into position around Khito. I start slowly bringing in reinforcements, trying to not leave any one unit exposed.

Lots of interesting stuff happening inbetween turns. I'm struggling to capture it in screenshots. Babylon pulls their force away from Khito to engage our reinforcements. We lose one slinger - I think this is an acceptable sacrifice to keep the city safe. Greece swoops in and murders a bunch of Babylon units. Thanks bro.

I'm a little late spreading our religion, but it gets there in the end.
upload_2022-4-14_22-49-18.png

And that takes us to the end of turn 66. Seems like a good stopping place. Two new cities conquered and captured. Religion spread. 3 unit losses, 7 units killed.
upload_2022-4-14_22-53-20.png

We definitely picked the right side in this war - Greece is kicking Babylon's butt. I think our primary strategy should be riding their coattails to victory. Defend our cities, follow Greek units, swoop in and steal kills.

Explicit Roster:
PiR >> going to kick some butt
Oz >> d'oz'ing
pholkhero >> probably snoring
jguy >> just conquered

Attachments

• PersiaTurn66.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
Little pause for an ad. This is brought to you by...

Hmm, seriously this is tough, I'm using the undo button again. Tried attacking that city north but then Babs came on to us like a swarm of zergs from nowhere.

It seems I can't play successfully past this point. Maybe begging for Peace is the best option...

Explicit Roster:
Oz >> beware the zerglings coming up
pholkhero >> you may have to rebuild an army after that
jguy >> you may have to reconquest your conquests
PiR >> cowardly moved down the roster

Attachments

• OW-Save-Quick.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
wow, what a roller coaster! great turns all; i don't think either of you did anything we probably wouldn't've done anyway so.

let me look at the save tomorrow, and i'll post a bit more. sounds like Oz will need some advice from us all! :goodjob:

from the DMSG guide in post 1 said:
We’'re here to have fun, and, of course, winning is fun, but losing in style is preferable to a boring win

if we end up overrun, we end up overrun. we ARE the Persian People's Front, crack suicide squad. if thats our destiny . . .

we can't take peace w/o the ambassador.

I think our best bet for surviving the babs assault is to concentrate our forces as best as we can, both from the south and those 3 axes in the north, and maybe counterattack? he's already got his UU so it's going to be tough. dang greece entanglements..

maybe abandon egypt and focus our forces back to what's that? (a rendezvous point?)

jguy100, up for a swap to jump-start things or is the water too infested with babylonians and you'd rather oz lose the game? :mischief:

i forget the roster change for this SG; i'll swap w oz this go-round.

ozbenno >> on deck
pholkhero >> UP NOW
jguy >>
pir >> just played

Top Bottom