1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Phantoms of Pre-Columbia: Native Civilizations of America, Asia, and Australia

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Uighur_Caesar, May 26, 2015.

1. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

Thanks, that song should work well. And Hoop, what is an At when you're talking at the Kaweskar? I've tried looking it up but since it's called an At I can't find anything about it.

2. SnowyNix

SnowyNix At Least I Can Talk

Here is your requested Taino icon:

3. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

It's in the link I provided, "At"s are the Dwellings of the Kaweshkar, as to why it's an Hospital replacement, it's mostly because I read somewhere, maybe here, that they only moved to land when someone was sick or about to give birth, which kinda sounds like an Hospital to me. :D

The trade bonus was taken from here as well as the increasing of the same with the research of Flight, as it was the Airforce the one who brought the most inhabitants, and thus contact, with the Kawesqars who lived there.

4. Uighur_Caesar

Thanks Nix! That icon looks great! I thought I'd also show the map that I made:

It's not great but it's good enough for me considering how I have no artistic talent. I might still make some more changes to it later.

5. SnowyNix

First off, make it vertical (or portrait-oriented), since that's what the maps in Civ are. 1206x1380 seems to be the norm, that's 360x412 at menu size. Also, make the black letters white, as they're hard as balls to see on the dark blue background.

Also, the map makes me want to play Sid Meier's Pirates right now.

6. Uighur_Caesar

Thanks. I just changed the text colors and fixed the size.

7. Uighur_Caesar

Ok so I've thought of a possible decision for the Taino:

An Areyto is Taino for a war dance or secret meeting. Agueybana used Areytos to prepare his revolt against Spain so I think it's a good thing to include.

Any thoughts on it and/or any other possible events/decisions?

8. Hoop Thrower

I'm only getting flashbacks to when I had to read Bartolomé de las Casas shudders :scared:

9. Uighur_Caesar

I dislike reading stuff in Spanish, especially if it's long. I can imagine Bartolome de las Casas must have been awful lol.

10. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Wow, I'm really impressed you guys really took the extra step in mkaing you mod ideas into a reality (certainly much better then my civ ideas) and you chose some pretty interesting indigenous tribes (Creek, Seminole, Taino, etc) If you need any help in civ design or cartography (BEWARE: MEDIOCRE MAPS ARE TO COME) please feel free to call me up.

11. SnowyNix

I will also gladly provide maps.

12. Uighur_Caesar

Thanks guys! I'll let you two know when I need something.

13. Uighur_Caesar

Ok so I just got destroyed by Lua. I can do everything for the Taino except the "+1 food from cleared forests/jungles" part, which is just way too complicated for me. If anyone is interested in doing it, please contact me. It's the last component of code that I need for this civ to be complete, and with the completion of the Taino will come the completion of many others. DarkScythe he has been kind enough to explain how his Holo civ completes it's functions. Here is the link to that thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=548263. The entirety of the Holo Lua can be found by downloading the mod which I have provided the link for: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=348257731. If you are generous enough to assist me in my procurement of this most needed code, I will owe you my first born son, my first 49 paychecks, and a Happy Meal at McDonald's. If these offers are not enticing enough to draw your interest, than it is quite valuable to know that I was in no way, shape, or form being serious, except maybe the Happy Meal.

14. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I hope it works out!

15. Uighur_Caesar

I thought I'd just give an update. The Taino are in development hell right now, so I've started working on the Apache and the Ryukyu.

Does anyone have a good symbol for the Apache icon?

16. SnowyNix

I've been struggling to find one when I wanted to potentially make an Apache civ, so no. I'll gladly make an icon out of whatever is found by you lot.

17. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I was going to either use the skull mark or the skull in its entirety from this piece:

18. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I suggest asking Sukritact for permission to use Sukritact's SaveUtils. Then you can save all of your forest and jungle plots every turn and every turn you can load them up and see if they're still treed. If not, activate magic +1 Food buff!

19. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

You can also use the TSL Serializer (dark Scythe's utility based on the Table Saver Loader utility). As far as I understand, you can do pretty much the same as with the SaveUtils, but when it comes to scanning and storing data from plots, it works much faster.

20. Hoop Thrower

Doing some reading I came across the Yaqui, I'd say they'd be a pretty nice addition to this civ collection.

I mean, you can't go wrong when you've got an unit looking like this: