Phantoms of Pre-Columbia: Native Civilizations of America, Asia, and Australia

Alright, well the Apache were really easy to code. Anyone want to help with what's left? I need music, both UU icons, their map, E&D ideas, pedias, city list, and most importantly: UNIT MODELS.

If anyone is feeling generous I would really appreciate the help, particularly with the Unit Models.

I can do the UU icons, map, and city list.

I don't remember what UUs you had planned, but in my planned version, I was going to use the model available here.

Here's a city list for you:

Spoiler :

• Jicarilla
  • Lipan
  • Chiricahua
  • Mescalero
  • Kiowa
  • Ná’įįsha
  • Carlana
  • Tchihende
  • Pelones
  • Sacramento
  • Lipiyánes
  • Pinal
  • White Mountain
  • Mogollon
  • Cibecue
  • Querechos
  • Arivaipa
  • San Carlos
  • Warm Springs
  • Coyotero
  • Tonto
  • Ramah
  • Copper Mines
  • Gileño
  • Guadalupe
  • Faraones
  • Sierra Blanca
  • Ch’úúkʾanén
  • Limpia

Moros (Philippines)

I just noticed this thread. There are a few on your list that I've brainstormed before. Most of those designs are being pursued by someone or other, but my "Moros" design hasn't been claimed yet if your interested in it:

Sultanate of Sulu
Leader: Sharif ul-Hashim
Capital: Jolo
Unique Ability: Juramentado - Units wounded outside of your territory may spawn Barbarian versions of themselves at full Strength. When this occurs, Barbarians cannot attack you for five turns.
Unique Unit: Joanga (Privateer) - +1 Movement. May move after attacking.
Unique Building: Vigai (Lighthouse) - Provides extra Combat Strength and Health to the City.

A vigai is a coastal watchtower; I had a picture of one at one point but I seem to have lost it.

Huh, that's a really odd effect for the Juramentados, I thought of them more as giving units with low health double attacks or something. The effect as it is now would make a Conquest game pretty much impossible to carry on.

Huh, that's a really odd effect for the Juramentados, I thought of them more as giving units with low health double attacks or something. The effect as it is now would make a Conquest game pretty much impossible to carry on.

Why would it make a Conquest game impossible? The Barbarian unit is spawned in addition to your own. So I run with a Swordsman. It gets weakened to the point that a Barbarian Swordsman spawns nearby. That Barbarian can't attack me, so it goes after my enemies while my Swordman retreats to heal. Rinse. Repeat.

BTW, wasn't that a collab with Eli Khalif? I mean, it says "we" in the OP....

Ah, I understood it as the units actually becoming barbarians. Why'd they spawn barbarians though? I don't quite follow the logic of that...

It's meant to represent a part of the original unit going on a suicide attack to defend the others. They're operating a bit outside official control and aren't coming back.

The Taino are currently on hold as I'm waiting for help from CL and Cuba is still being worked on. The design here isn't the one that'll be used in the final mod either. Here's the final design I came up with that the Taino will have:

UA: Slash and Burn: Forest and Jungle are cut down 33% faster and may reveal a source of the unique Cassava luxury upon being cut down. Gain Cacique points whenever your cities grow or you build Farms and Plantations.

UU: Cacique: Replaces Great General: May be expended in cities to start an Areyto, a unique WLTKD during which Culture is increased by 25% and Farms yield +1 Faith.

UB: Batey: Replaces Colosseum. +2 Faith. +1 Culture for every 5 Citizens in this city.

Sounds good - do you have a model in mind for the Cassava resources/improvement, and yields that it would provide? Otherwise I'm really looking forward to the release of the Taino, Cuba and more Caribbean civs in general.

How are the Apache and Seminole going? If you don't mind me asking.

Sounds good - do you have a model in mind for the Cassava resources/improvement, and yields that it would provide? Otherwise I'm really looking forward to the release of the Taino, Cuba and more Caribbean civs in general.

How are the Apache and Seminole going? If you don't mind me asking.

Nor sure about a model, something could be retextured probably. Cassava would yield +1 Food and +1 Gold initially, with an extra +1 Food after being inproved by a farm, and granaries would also give it an extra +1 Food. Apache are stuck currently due to no UU modelf for the Renegade and some of their code isn't possible until Neirai reveals the code to check when a unit attacks. I could change the design a little bit but either way they still need all their lua, plus E&D. Seminole will also be a colllab with CL and DJSHenniger has made their UI model, unfortunately that's all the work that's been done for them.

Did you drop the Shadow People UU for the Apache?

Also there are some Civ 4 models in the Civ4Col mod Religion and Revolution that would probably be of use, I'm finding stuff in there as well.

Apache UUs are the Renegade, which will probably include some of those barbarian elements you had, and the Warband from your design which was changed a bit. I found a good civ 4 unit for the Renegade, but I haven't managed to get it converted yet.

The Shadow People design I had also got Scout promotions, not barbarian stuff?

Actually, while we're at it, how does the design look:

UA: Raiding Menace: Units starting their turn on a pillaged tile have +1 Movement and if the tile has an animal resource, the resource is sent to your territory. Cities being razed generate no unhappiness and provide gold and food in your capital.

UU: Renegade: Replaces Rifleman. No rough terrain movement penalty, cost to pillage, and can enter another civs territory without open borders. Can be disbanded in foreign territory to create a barbarian version of itself that gives you gold and culture from attacking units or starting its turn on a pillaged tile.

UU: Warband: Replaces Cavalry. +1 Movement and ignores enemy ZOC. Increased flank attack bonus. Heals and gains XP from capturing civilian units.

I like how you re-worked the original UU ability into the Renegade ability. I'm sad to see the Shadow People go though, they're a neat warrior society from the Apache.

That UA is fantastic! Also the UUs complement the UA nicely without being OP through strength alone :)

Top Bottom