1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Phantoms of Pre-Columbia: Native Civilizations of America, Asia, and Australia

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Uighur_Caesar, May 26, 2015.

1. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

Alright, well the Apache were really easy to code. Anyone want to help with what's left? I need music, both UU icons, their map, E&D ideas, pedias, city list, and most importantly: UNIT MODELS.

If anyone is feeling generous I would really appreciate the help, particularly with the Unit Models.

2. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I can do the UU icons, map, and city list.

I don't remember what UUs you had planned, but in my planned version, I was going to use the model available here.

Here's a city list for you:

Spoiler :

• Jicarilla
    • Lipan
    • Chiricahua
    • Mescalero
    • Kiowa
    • Ná’įįsha
    • Carlana
    • Tchihende
    • Pelones
    • Sacramento
    • Lipiyánes
    • Pinal
    • White Mountain
    • Mogollon
    • Cibecue
    • Querechos
    • Arivaipa
    • San Carlos
    • Warm Springs
    • Coyotero
    • Tonto
    • Ramah
    • Copper Mines
    • Gileño
    • Guadalupe
    • Faraones
    • Sierra Blanca
    • Ch’úúkʾanén
    • Limpia

3. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

I just noticed this thread. There are a few on your list that I've brainstormed before. Most of those designs are being pursued by someone or other, but my "Moros" design hasn't been claimed yet if your interested in it:

Sultanate of Sulu
    Leader: Sharif ul-Hashim
    Capital: Jolo
    Unique Ability: Juramentado - Units wounded outside of your territory may spawn Barbarian versions of themselves at full Strength. When this occurs, Barbarians cannot attack you for five turns.
    Unique Unit: Joanga (Privateer) - +1 Movement. May move after attacking.
    Unique Building: Vigai (Lighthouse) - Provides extra Combat Strength and Health to the City.

A vigai is a coastal watchtower; I had a picture of one at one point but I seem to have lost it.

4. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Huh, that's a really odd effect for the Juramentados, I thought of them more as giving units with low health double attacks or something. The effect as it is now would make a Conquest game pretty much impossible to carry on.

5. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Why would it make a Conquest game impossible? The Barbarian unit is spawned in addition to your own. So I run with a Swordsman. It gets weakened to the point that a Barbarian Swordsman spawns nearby. That Barbarian can't attack me, so it goes after my enemies while my Swordman retreats to heal. Rinse. Repeat.

6. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

BTW, wasn't that a collab with Eli Khalif? I mean, it says "we" in the OP....

7. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Ah, I understood it as the units actually becoming barbarians. Why'd they spawn barbarians though? I don't quite follow the logic of that...

8. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

It's meant to represent a part of the original unit going on a suicide attack to defend the others. They're operating a bit outside official control and aren't coming back.

9. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Are the Taino being coded as-is? Their UA seems very OP in the regard that it gives faith on both farms AND plantations. I really like the rest of the UA (and the civ) but I feel like it should only give faith on plantations.

10. Uighur_Caesar

The Taino are currently on hold as I'm waiting for help from CL and Cuba is still being worked on. The design here isn't the one that'll be used in the final mod either. Here's the final design I came up with that the Taino will have:

11. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

Sounds good - do you have a model in mind for the Cassava resources/improvement, and yields that it would provide? Otherwise I'm really looking forward to the release of the Taino, Cuba and more Caribbean civs in general.

How are the Apache and Seminole going? If you don't mind me asking.

12. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

WOW! I really am looking forward to them!

13. Uighur_Caesar

Nor sure about a model, something could be retextured probably. Cassava would yield +1 Food and +1 Gold initially, with an extra +1 Food after being inproved by a farm, and granaries would also give it an extra +1 Food. Apache are stuck currently due to no UU modelf for the Renegade and some of their code isn't possible until Neirai reveals the code to check when a unit attacks. I could change the design a little bit but either way they still need all their lua, plus E&D. Seminole will also be a colllab with CL and DJSHenniger has made their UI model, unfortunately that's all the work that's been done for them.

14. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Did you drop the Shadow People UU for the Apache?

Also there are some Civ 4 models in the Civ4Col mod Religion and Revolution that would probably be of use, I'm finding stuff in there as well.

15. Uighur_Caesar

Apache UUs are the Renegade, which will probably include some of those barbarian elements you had, and the Warband from your design which was changed a bit. I found a good civ 4 unit for the Renegade, but I haven't managed to get it converted yet.

16. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

The Shadow People design I had also got Scout promotions, not barbarian stuff?

17. Uighur_Caesar

My bad, I was talking about your Apache UA. I slided over some barbarian related stuff to the UU and now the UA is about pillaging and raiding.

18. Uighur_Caesar

Actually, while we're at it, how does the design look:

19. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I like how you re-worked the original UU ability into the Renegade ability. I'm sad to see the Shadow People go though, they're a neat warrior society from the Apache.

20. SamuraiOutcast

SamuraiOutcast Grand Duke

That UA is fantastic! Also the UUs complement the UA nicely without being OP through strength alone :)