Phew. That was close...

rofl.

hilarious!

I usually see either AI beating me, or I beat AIs by 1 or 2 points, but never for 0.4! :lol:

Probably the human because he is player 1

Wow that is freaking close o.o

Wow, that was a close call! Congratulations on getting the World's Fair by a .04 Hammer margin!

Nice. And Thank you for helping me understand the whole World's Fair thing. I always thought it was a number of turns to complete... duh.

Wow, that's quite extraordinary. I would have said something this unlikely simply would not happen, but obviously you proved that wrong.

It makes me curious of the benchmark for a gold reward,should something like 900 hammers be always enough?

It makes me curious of the benchmark for a gold reward,should something like 900 hammers be always enough?

It's hard to say, because it really depends on when you do it and what the map looks like. My philosophy is usually to put all production energy towards it on t1 unless I need to finish a wonder that an AI could get if I don't get it quickly, or I'm in a difficult defensive war, and then continue creating it until it's over. Sometimes I'll also let a production building finish if it has one turn left, but that isn't always worth doing. This usually means I win by a lot unless I'm playing deity or immortal.

Still, if there's a runaway AI, the benchmark is higher than if a few civs are pretty close at the top. Also, different civs have different flavors for these projects, so it will be different depending what civs are your competitors. Also, more civs still left in the game means a lower benchmark, while here there are only 6 civs remaining.

Basically, lots of factors make it difficult to reach a number that works every time. Other than 50% of the project, I'm not sure what one would be. Even if you reach 50%, you might be able to rob others of silver or bronze rewards if you keep working on it, so I just generally work until the end.

Well you can roughly evaluate by looking at the percentage tick up during the AI's turn. But saying an actual number is hard because it depends on the AIs, on how many wars there are, on when it was proposed/passed, which difficulty, etc.

Top Bottom