Philanthropy + Charitable missions -> Does it work?

Tatran

Deity
I can't see any difference between giving gold and getting extra influence from a city-state with or without those policies.
The picture below is with Philanthropy (+25%) and Charitable missions (+30%).

If I'm not mistaken, the text shown is without the modifier, but the modifier WILL kick in when you make the payment. Pretty bad programming, but I'm sure it works.

The influence you are buying, in this case 70 :c5influence: for 1000 :gold:, is the same amount visible in the :c5influence: bar.

Why not just check your currently influence amount, save game, bridge, do the math and see if it worked right. Obviously if it is only 15 more influence it isn't working properly. If it is more then you'll know the modifiers kicked in.

I've always just assumed that whatever is shown is what you will get and never actually thought of modifiers :shifty:

I would've paid that off with or without cm and/or phil but like consentient said, the effects of these social policies add up after or st least they should in whatever their effect is.

I have played 2 games with both policies.
The only difference was the majority of another religion with the Reformation belief buying science buildings with faith.
The late game numbers are the same 10-20-45 :c5influence: for 250-500-1000 :gold:.
If those numbers are fake, where are the real numbers when spending gold to get influence?

I have played 2 games with both policies.
The only difference was the majority of another religion with the Reformation belief buying science buildings with faith.
The late game numbers are the same 10-20-45 :c5influence: for 250-500-1000 :gold:.
If those numbers are fake, where are the real numbers when spending gold to get influence?

By that time you should be making a lot more gold than you used to when city states were cheaper. You make a lot more gpt in later eras during peace time than you do during earlier eras during peace time. There could be an exception and that's war because war is bad for business.

I did an early game test and both policies do work.
As the game progresses you will get less influence for your gold and
for 250 :gold: you will get as much :c5influence: as without both policies from turn 693, 5 :c5influence:.
With both policies the lowest numbers were from t723, 5-20-40 while at turn 179 the numbers were 20-50-105.
The Freedom policy, treaty organization, is much better to get influence in the late game.
Even the investors quest is probably a better alternative and chose other policies.

Top Bottom