1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Philosophy Is Dead

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Leitmotif, Jul 25, 2006.

1. futurehermit

futurehermit Deity

^^that's nice to know, i thought that quechas were going to rival the celtic swordsman for worst uu ever.

2. ronnybiggs

ronnybiggs Warlord

I've read a few threads where people think various combinations of Philosophical are overpowered - Phi/Ind being one of them. Man I remember running a Philosophical leader under Pacifism - you're cranking out GPs like regular units!

3. futurehermit

futurehermit Deity

too bad they didn't try and balance the traits a bit more. financial is also nearly absent in warlords.

4. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I don't know about that. There are 7 financial civs vs. 5 imperialistic ones. Philosophical did get a huge cut, though, since there are only 4 of them.

5. meatwad4289

meatwad4289 Prince

I dont see the diffrence, If I can find a civ I play well with or enjoy, all Civs are equally inferior to me :)

6. Pbhead

Pbhead Hail the Byzantines

fixed.

(sorry, i had too)

7. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Well, someone else already covered it actually.

Just mod it in. It'll take you quite literally less than a minute or two. I'm not saying modding is the solution to everything (though, it can be actually). But if some people (you, for example) are tied to XX leader that had XX traits and only play as them, then change it back. It takes hardly any effort.

:king:

8. methane

methane Warlord

Keep an eye on the new civ4 downloads. If you wait a few months, I'm sure people will update the new civs/leaders they previously built for Warlords. You'll probably find at least one with the trait combo you most missed; perhaps with some new combos featuring the new traits.