Pholkhero Flavor Series: Charlemagne of the Holy Romans

good turns guys, and thanks for posting the roster Ozzie ~

certainly with a 40% sci rate we can afford maybe even 3 cities now. I think our low research rate will only continue through the opening part of the game. Hopefully once we've hit maybe 10 or 12 founded cities, we can build up the economy and take it some neighbors :hammer:

one question:
to either get the stone city or head
what's a head city??

Roster:
pholkhero
ozbenno
Ad Hoc >> just played
Quotey >> UP NOW
bindamel >> on deck
pawelo

So what are the plans? Just SETTLE SETTLE SETTLE until losing 100gpt at ) science? Do we have an updated dotmap?

Also, Pholk, I was awake for Saturday DM MP, but I couldn't find any info on it. Do you perhaps have AIM or MSN so I could grab you on Sat?

@ Quotey: I do not have either, but usually check the DM site beforehand, as do other DMers who are playing.

@ All: I (as well as others) REALLY want to get a small, regular MP game arranged, regardless of day, so if you're interested in playing MP AT ALL w/some of your fellow CFC SG regulars, PM me here or at DM w/some times that you're available to play a 2-3 hour game.

oh, and re: the SG: yes.

@PH

one question:
Quote:
to either get the stone city or head

what's a head city??

its a head .... generally means i don't know :lol: :lol:

When I say got it i really should check for a save. And there isn't one there, Ad Hoc! I even checked the pictures.

This is the only time I will get to play today, so someone who can play the day and really wants to can, if Hoccy posts the save. I will play tommorow.

d'oh! if Hoc gets teh save up soon and, Bindamel, if you can play today, please do so. It's now after 72 hours from when the report was posted so i'd like to see some action on it asap.

on another note: some of us DMers will be getting together for MP on: Fri @ 5pm, Sat @ 12pm & 6pm (GMT). PM me if interested ~

Sorry Guys :blush:

i've had this happen before with attachments for some reason :crazyeye:

Attachments

• PFS01 BC-0125.CivBeyondSwordSave
    161.2 KB · Views: 69
Turn 0 (165)

Everything's okay.

Turn 1 (166)

Aachen Settler -> Axeman

We suffer a slave revolt in Aachen. I lose 10 gold, 1 pop and have 1 turn of disorder. So 9 gold too!

I switch research to calendar, as we need it dearly.

Turn 3 (168)

Dear worker in Zhou, I'm coming to get you!!!!

Well, If I had a chariot I would but I am going to come NEAR YOU.

Ulm is founded on light blue dot. Reposted Ad Hoc's maps at bottom.

Turn 4 (169)

Whaaaaaattt?

[image of TWO barb workers roading]

Barbarian Leader Exp/Exp? And I won't be able to catch them. Wonder where they are roading to.

Florence is founded on Ad Hoc's pink dot.

I find out what the barbs are roading to. They settled North Pink dottsville for us!

Turn 6 (171)

Aachen Axeman -> Rathaus (changed to worker next turn)

Whip Rathaus in Vienna

Turn 8 (173)

Prague Barracks -> Sword

We must take North Pink dot.

Is it bad to feel good about a GG being born on the other continent?

The Sok is researching Feudalism. Hm.

We must either convert to Buddhism or Spread Christianity to everyone. No hammers for misisonaries, so maybe someone will send a Buddhist one our way. I wish we were Spi!

Turn 14 (179)

Wang builds the Pyramids.

Turn 15 (180)

We trade cows to Monty for clams.

Turn 16 (181)

Sailing research ends, set on Calendar. We are positive at 30% and only losing 1gpt at 40. Time for a new dotmap?

Oh, and after writing this on my crappy laptop, I realise I do not have the pics. One day I will make a beautiful report....

Ad Hocmaps: Cross is settled, black spot is setteld by the BARBS.

Wait, what's this? Looks like NEW DOTMAP TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Some objectives for next few sets and the save so you have to look at them:

-Rathauses
-Capture (AND RENAME) Barb Cities
-SETTLE SETTLE DRIVE ECONOMY INTO GROUND

Blah,blah,blah...

In addition, we will usually have leader specific Flavor Rules as well. For Charlemagne, they are:
1. We must found Christianity, and keep it as our state religion.
2. Once we research Feudalism, we must revolt to Vassalage and stay there.
3. We can never raze a city.

Blah,Blah,Blah

We must either convert to Buddhism or Spread Christianity to everyone. No hammers for misisonaries, so maybe someone will send a Buddhist one our way. I wish we were Spi!

Spread Christianity. It's part of the flavor. Funny thing is, I remembered that rule and had completely forgotten the other two! :lol:

Ad Hocmaps: Cross is settled, black spot is setteld by the BARBS.

Which as it turns out is really fortunate, now that I realize we can't raze anything.

Some objectives for next few sets and the save so you have to look at them:

-Rathauses
-Capture (AND RENAME) Barb Cities
-SETTLE SETTLE DRIVE ECONOMY INTO GROUND

Ohh, driving the economy into the ground happens to be a specialty of mine!

Anyway, got it, will do those things and look into building walls and other flavor stuff. Tech-wise I'm thinking we might want to start towards Engineering so we can build Landthingies?

Charlemagne, :king: of the pop-ups!

First, my turnset described entirely in pop-ups:

The turnset, like the list of pop-ups, got better as it went on. Half way through the turnset I was thinking that there wouldn't be an obvious stopping point.

I started the turnset by adjusting the espionage points in favor of Wang Kon, so we can hopefully get to see his research.

The highlight of the turnset was the battle of Zhou. Mauryna had three archers on a hill, and was going to need some serious attention to get claimed. A CR1 Swordsman was 58%, so I wanted six troops to be sure to take it, so I had nothing to spare for Zhou (NO Troops For Zhou! :lol: ). I took one of the two axeman defending Augsburg(?) and sent it to explore the southern tundra, planning to check out the garrison at Zhou on the way back. As I was heading there, I noticed Monty had an axe and chariot heading there! I thought I was one turn too late in arriving:

but Monty healed instead, and my lone Axeman took Zhou at 99% odds. Thanks for the help Monty. :goodjob:

I almost pulled off a CoL for Monarchy trade with Monty, but I was going to need at least one turn invested to make it happen. I put the turn into it, but Monty came IBT and demanded I stop trading with Asoka. I had to say no, and Monty dropped to annoyed and now refuses to trade it. By the way, CoL is the only tech we have over anyone, and it's only Monty.

We are falling behind in tech, but land is power, and we have it. I built a seventh worker, and started an eighth. I wasn't sure how to improve Augsburg, so I hired two scientists there instead and sent the workers elsewhere. Feel free to change that.

The entire turnset was spent researching Calendar (except for the one turn into Monarchy); it comes in next turn.

Great Prophet (researches monotheism) is sitting in capital, I don't know what to do with it.

My tundra exploration did reveal another potential city site, whale/crabs/horses:

Finally, my gift to Pawelo, who I believe is up. Most of our cities are defended by a warrior, especially near Wang's borders. Why is this a gift? Oh, no reason. :mischief:

Attachments

• PFS01 AD-0415.CivBeyondSwordSave
    193.7 KB · Views: 74
Looks like we'll get to take out Wang after all.

Good luck, pawelo!

So we have one more city site (1s of tundra horses) hopefully + Wang's cities, do we need anoter dotmap or is our decent amount of expansion enough?

I expect as soon as the Rathauses are finished Pholk will have an itching sensation...

Thanks Bindy :mad:

Got it for monday methinks.
Maybe earlier

Pholk will have an itching sensation...
hey, who told you about my . . . nevermind.

NO Troops For Zhou!this made me almost spit out my chop suey!

great turns guys, and :goodjob: on the warring! let's hope Wang holds off enough so we can get some defense in. I don't like having an annoyed Monty either on our island. It seems it might be time to work on infra and defense for now. More workers, more cottages, more everything! :D

Roster:
pholkhero >> on deck
ozbenno
Ad Hoc
Quotey
bindamel >> just played
pawelo >> UP NOW and has it (along with 3 others)

Top Bottom