Pholkhero Flavor Series: Charlemagne of the Holy Romans

Great surprise - we are @war!

Having been warned by Bindy, I started dispatching troops toward the border.

We got the prophet, as I have seen no mention about it I decided it would be most useful as settled :

On the same turn I realized we may be in a hurry:

M'kay. Decision time. Gold to upgrade, whip to, well, hurry up stuff.
I decide to use the overflow into a wall which was beneficial.

Problem is, Asoka dowed us too. (I even took a pixie, but imageshack is down...)

Mauryan was the worst hit I got - a combat 2 LBow managed to take it vs our fortified axe on the hill :mad:
The next player will have to deal with this, by now, holy city.

On the other hand, the walls has been a great idea - Wang spent 7 turns (and is still spending :D) on bombarding the walls (4% each turn - starting @50%) while our troops were happily joining Vienna.

I have another pixie of troops inside, but the shack site is still down... Will update later.
We have 3 swords, 3 chariots and 4 or 5 axes if I recall well. One more chariot and axe are on the way.

Construction is due in 6.
I put some reminders on the map ;)

Have fun pholk!

Hello back guys,

Can I please ask you to accept me out of the loop for a while ?
Have some serious RL issues to handle, and my attention was (and is) too much focused on Civ & SGs.
I don't know how long it will take - hopefully I'll get it right back on the track before it's too late (if it already isn't).

I'll keep you posted.

Had a great time playing alongside with you guys.
Cheers,

Pawelo

good turns pawelo and sorry to see you go for a bit, but, of course, RL is more important (i *guess* ;) ) will keep the light on for you if you're back soonish ~ (also, i won't be expressing my regret to see you go in every one of my games your in :D )

i've got it, and will most *likely* play tonight, but i'll take a look at the game and post some thoughts first.

Had a quick look at the save-sie:

Korea has the SoZ- bad! Try do defend in our territory- this ALSO plays to our Imp trait, which I guess is probably one of the things that Pholk wants.

India has the Great Wall... which would be nice (+200% GG generation? ahhhhhh).... but I digress-we won't go near India, I think.

Vienna was whipped to hell and back, and its banana has been STOLEN BY WANG. Whipping? On the second turn (first after IHT) you could whip the missionary for 2 pop with max overflow I think.

You know how Pawelo's present was Wang's war declaration? Look like Pawelo left a present- hopefully not for you...

well, having a look at the save, i see we've got to go the Total War route, and gear most cities to units. Having to keep any cities we take will be a pain, so am going to try and limit it to WK's Elephant city just north of us. I am also going to gamble and try to take Mauryan back w/our 2 axes over there ~ i'll play this tonight whilst watching primary coverage ALL NIGHT :crazyeye:

I played until Construction and Archery came in; it just feels *weird* to not have archers yet. Say what you want about them, but those little guys serve their purpose in the rock-paper-scissors match-ups.

Pawelo did leave me in the lurch as far as the continents popularity contest, but we’re well set-up to withstand any attack thanks to him.

I kept moving units to the front, while I shuffled some swords over to Mauryan to take that back as instructed by the Almighty Signs ™.

Lucky for us, at Vienna, Wang bombarded and attacked, losing all units but one Hwacha (which died next turn):

He tried to send someone else down south to us, but our Cover Axes made short work of them.

At that point, I sent some units into Korean territory. We really had no way to take a city there without catapults or huge losses, so I went a’pillagin’.

We got a GG after eradicating WK’s last Hwacha:

He went to Aachen to

[goddammit! Did I just realize that we are PROTECTIVE, and we DIDN’T have Archer?!?! :eek: :rant: ]

Anyway, he went to Aachen to teach the youngsters there about debating ~ he’s a master at it. (Get it? Master de-Bater ~ masturbator? :lol: *ahem* gotta stay outta those beer threads at DM)

Ol’ Wangy saw reason soon after:

Over at Mauryan, our force of 4 axes, 3 swords and an chariot took on Asoka’s Longbow and Axeman. We won at a loss of 2 swords and an axe, but the city is ours again. He will NOT take peace yet, unless we give the city back, so I told him to stick up his arse ~

On another note, Asoka is on the way to Nationalism! We need to get moving here! Our finances are starting to climb, and we *may* want to found a last couple cities, but we need to move forward with infra, as well as protection. Aachen, with the GG, should probably crank out archers for the near-term. We should also start to specialize our cities a bit more, and have most focus on commerce, whilst still getting out an army. I don’t trust Monty, and Asoka may have macemen or even muskets on the way down soon ~

OH!! I traded monty calendar for HR ~ I think we should revolt to that ASAP to get growing. Carry on.

Roster:
pholkhero>> just played
ozbenno >> UP NOW and *might* have a chance to play
Ad Hoc >> on deck, but might be up now
Quotey
bindamel
pawelo

Attachments

• PFS01 AD-0760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    220.6 KB · Views: 89
Well this is a preliminary got it. I'll try and play tonight but if there is silence from me I'll need a skip or swap at pholk's discretion.

Asoka is on the way to Nationalism? You know this how? If he is able to research it, it just means he bulbed Philosophy from a GS no biggie. If he actually is researching it and has like 2 turns left, we're in a pile of steaming droppings.

He finished Philo a turn before the end of Pholk's playery, and is researching it with 26 turns to go.

Good turns pholk!
Sorry to have left you in this situation :) you have pulled off the situation really well!

Back to off-the-boards status ;)

lurker comment

Just wanted to say I've been following this for a while, a really entertaining read. Good luck! :)

I hate the AI bonuses at Monarch. He has 2-3 cities less than us but he sitll has a respectable tech rate. We have to work for our empire. :(

And it's 700AD. Is this quick speed or something?

epic ~ you can see the turn count right above the pic of my Wang :D 220/750

As Oz has asked to be skipped i'll pick it up and play/post over the weekend.

@ Oz, time to tie a knot in it :lol: :lol: :lol:

lurker comment

Just wanted to say I've been following this for a while, a really entertaining read. Good luck! :)
thanks ~ hopefully you'll stay tuned to see if we can pull a win out of this one :goodjob:

As Oz has asked to be skipped i'll pick it up and play/post over the weekend.

@ Oz, time to tie a knot in it :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah, that's my fault for not posting a roster in a timely fashion.

Here's one, as I'll be OoP this weekend:
Roster:
pholkhero >> just played
ozbenno >> dealing with throw up and a crying baby
Ad Hoc >> UP NOW and *might* have a chance to play
Quotey >> on deck
bindamel
pawelo

3 false starts?!?! and here i was crafting a baby bonnet already ~ i'm halfway through "Pholkheroine Benno!"

in other baby news, my cousin's kid is due today, but not born yet. the cord is around its neck, but the woman's mother (NOT my aunt) convinced the mom NOT to have a c-section :crazyeye: WFT?!?!

Top Bottom