PhotoKinetik

PhotoKinetik 1.4

Thanks for this work. The v1.4 looks much better, it was too desaturated before.
I noticed an issue in the Youtube video, any plan to fix it? The Mask took some time to change when he opened the UI, so you would see the texts blurred.

I personally wait on the 1440p version to test it.

Thanks for this work. The v1.4 looks much better, it was too desaturated before.
I noticed an issue in the Youtube video, any plan to fix it? The Mask took some time to change when he opened the UI, so you would see the texts blurred.

I personally wait on the 1440p version to test it.

The YouTube video shows an earlier build. The blur interference with UI is just a limitation of ReShade and isn't something I can fix. In addition, I've re-enabled mouse look focus with depth of field, which means while you will still have blur on parts of the UI, this will bring focus wherever the mouse is.

Crosire explained the issue:

"The depthbuffer has information for the whole screen, including the parts where the 2D HUD is drawn over. What to compare then? The colorbuffer includes the HUD, the depthbuffer doesn't. That's nice and all, but it doesn't help, since there is no way to figure out which part of the colorbuffer is HUD now, as there is 3D depth information for every pixel of it."

Basically while our eyes are good at distinguishing the UI on the basis of color, that's a lot harder to replicate with code.

Last edited:
12@!n submitted a new resource:

KinetiKam - A custom camera presert for Civ VI

INTRODUCTION AND INFO

Tired of the limitations of the default camera? Wanting to zoom in an all the detailed glory of your neighbor's capital right before you nuke it? If so, this mod is for you.

WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO?

This mod is simply a Camera.artdef with a few values tweaked to allow the user to zoom in closer and zoom out further. It also adjusts the pitch of the camera when zoomed in and out. This file...

Read more about this resource...

Unfortunately, all the links in the readme are down due to "This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

EDIT: Also, is there a preset that just add the DOF? Thanks!
It's great to see someone doing this! Reminds me a lot of the adjusted screenshots I did when they were first released. I can't wait to try it!

Last edited:
I'm liking this a lot.
I disabled all the shaders and now I'm just trying a few one at a time.
It definitely looks better with some of them.
As default I found it a bit too washed out and sepia. Thanks for making it .

Posting an update - There are enough downloads that dropbox link isn't working. The update is just a readme with additional links for anyone who was having trouble downloading.

The links in the readme are 3 links which are all dead from too much traffic. I dont see any other links aside the dropbox links.

Some feedback on the new link from google drive: displays that the file is a violation with their TOS meaning there is no access to the file.
(pic): http://prnt.sc/d3p46p

edit: I successfully downloaded the presets form the nexus, maybe you can upload the reshader and framework there too? Registered members can download more than 2 mb there. I also remember that there was a link to the reshader before i download the presets at the nexus but the link was dead.

Some feedback on the new link from google drive: displays that the file is a violation with their TOS meaning there is no access to the file.
(pic): http://prnt.sc/d3p46p

edit: I successfully downloaded the presets form the nexus, maybe you can upload the reshader and framework there too? Registered members can download more than 2 mb there. I also remember that there was a link to the reshader before i download the presets at the nexus but the link was dead.

Can't post ReShade binaries to Nexus, that's why people don't post full enb binaries. I switched to Mediafire. This is getting interesting.

Can't post ReShade binaries to Nexus, that's why people don't post full enb binaries. I switched to Mediafire. This is getting interesting.
I don't see the link to mediafire in the readme.

edit: lol we posted at the same time, i saw it in the new readme

edit2: i am downloading it now, thank you very much, you are the man.

Thanks for the new links, works great now.

Question: Could you do a breakdown of what each shader is doing? I can't seem to make the preview work in ReShade assistant. Thanks!

I really appreciate all the work you've been doing, and I've tried every one so far, but I really can't do any of the presets you've produced. I might be the only one but I really really like the sharpness your mod brings, as well as some of the ground detail (especially in the first mod) that is shown, but I really want something more colourful kinda like vanilla :(

I really appreciate all the work you've been doing, and I've tried every one so far, but I really can't do any of the presets you've produced. I might be the only one but I really really like the sharpness your mod brings, as well as some of the ground detail (especially in the first mod) that is shown, but I really want something more colourful kinda like vanilla :(

Pretty sure there is a reshade or a sweetfx sharpness mod out there already. I think (just my opinion) that this is the hangout for those of us who don't like the garish colors (again opinion) of the vanilla game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom