PhotoKinetik

PhotoKinetik 1.4

I just tried it. I think some presets with Reshade could be great especially the DOF.
Unfortunately, I personally found that the DOF setting in this preset is strange, i mean that it makes a non blured line across all the screen width where i believe a circle would have been better. And it's difficult to read the panels that are at the edges of the screen.
But I like the idea of changing how the game is rendered. And DOF could be an amazing thing.
Thank you for this anyway! I did not know Reshade. It seems to quite easy to use for people like me who does not want to spend hours tweaking graphics :)

I agree with above, I love the look of everything about this but I look at the UI a lot and I'm worried the DoF will get too annoying. Is there a way to disable the DoF functionality and still keep the colours? Cheers :)

I've only used reshade with one other game, I am not super sure on how to properly install presets. Mind a quick set of instructions?

Edit* Just realized this is a new version of Reshade 3.0 and higher

Only familiar with 2 reading documentation on 3 now but as a shortcut can you tell me where to install the preset?

Last edited:
I've only used reshade with one other game, I am not super sure on how to properly install presets. Mind a quick set of instructions?

Edit* Just realized this is a new version of Reshade 3.0 and higher

Only familiar with 2 reading documentation on 3 now but as a shortcut can you tell me where to install the preset?

Reshade 3 just uses an ini file in the exe directory. You run reshade 3 setup, point to your executable, drop in the preset ini and you're done. Far easier than reshade 2. However I replaced with a reshade 2 preset due to lack of the uimask shader in reshade 3.

Reshade 3 just uses an ini file in the exe directory. You run reshade 3 setup, point to your executable, drop in the preset ini and you're done. Far easier than reshade 2. However I replaced with a reshade 2 preset due to lack of the uimask shader in reshade 3.

Thanks for the info, for whatever reason (user error) I tried this version you posted today with little luck I will be awaiting your readme.

Thanks

All good!

I had to go back and delete old reshade files in an old game folder and something went right but something else went wrong it seems...

I am now getting a failure to load message how do I post a log of that?

Thanks

All good!

I had to go back and delete old reshade files in an old game folder and something went right but something else went wrong it seems...

I am now getting a failure to load message how do I post a log of that?

What does the error message say exactly?

Had to step out, I will post the error message exactly tonight.
I'll be home around midnight. If it's why I think it might be, it's as simple as changing a couple lines in one of the shader files. Also, what resolution are you running at?

Reshade 2.0.3.1121 by crosire
visit http://reshade.me for news, updates, shaders, and discussion.
Loading effect ... Failed!
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(8, 1): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\KeyCodes.h'
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx((14, 2): preprocessor warning: Could not find application profile, falling back to default
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(15, 2): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\Profiles\Default\Global.cfg'
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(114, 2): preprocessor warning: Could not find preset, falling back to default
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(123, 1): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\Presets\Default\Pipeline.cfg'

Last edited:
Reshade 2.0.3.1121 b crosire
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(8, 1): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\KeyCodes.h'
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx((14, 2): preprocessor warning: Could not find application profile, falling back to default
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(15, 2): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\Profiles\Default\Global.cfg'
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(114, 2): preprocessor warning: Could not find preset, falling back to default
C:\Program Files\Sid Meires Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\ReShade.fx(123, 1): preprocessor error: could not open included file 'ReShade\Presets\Default\Pipeline.cfg'

Just got home. Let me take a look.

12@!n updated *UPDATED* PhotoKinetik (Westeros) Civ VI 1.1 with a new update entry:

Civilization VI PhotoKinetik (Westeros) Reshade Preset 1.1

For ReShade 2.0.3
*UPDATED*

Change log:
-Removed Vignette to increase FPS
-Changed Uploaded files for simpler installation
-Created 1080p scaled version

To do:
Create 1440p version

Installation:

1. Select either the 1080p or 4k folder and open it.
2. Move Folder CIVVIPK Reshade 2.0.3 + MXAO to your desired location.
3. Open the CIVVIPK Reshade 2.0.3 + MXAO
4. Open ReShade Assistant.exe
5. Reshade will open on default to the Profiles tab. Click the Plus icon above "Default".
6. Reshade...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reshade 2.0.3.1121 by crosire

Sorry it took so long. I'm more accustomed to ReShade 1.1 Framework. I simplified the installation by just uploading the framework along with the preset. Should be much easier. I also created a 1080p version, 1440p coming soon, however I very strongly recommend using the 4k version if you have a 4k display or have sufficiently powerful hardware to upscale via DSR or AMD equivalent.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you for the mod, I absolutely adore the look. It really gives you the feeling of directing an empire while brooding over a dusty old map!

I'm just posting a few comments for those that might be interested in them:

I play on 1080p (GTX 970, non oc i5-4690k, 8gb ram) and get a bit less than 50 fps while scrolling around. When I disable depth of field I get back up to 60.

Controlling the DoF with your mouse is a lot of fun if a bit unpractical in the long run. It is also way too strong for my taste/resolution so I have disabled it for now. Do you have access to the depth buffer? I think I would prefer that, especially as it would decrease the DoF as you scroll out (as the camera angle gets steeper and the relative distances get smaller).

It would also fix the blurring of the UI as the masks don't line up if you have modified it in any way (I personally use Quick UI).

In addition to the install instructions (if I have not misinterpreted them) I also had to copy the ReShade folder (containing the presets, etc.) into the Civ binary folder so that they could be located. Not sure if I just missed that step but I got the same error as Buni0ns.

I've not yet played a big game with many civs, but I'd imagine the strong desaturation might make it a bit harder to differentiate the unit colors.

All told, great preset. :)

Might want to note in the included readme it's advisable to open the ReShade Assistant as admin.

4k version is def superior to the 1080 the DoF is just off in the 1080.

Also thanks for your sensational efforts on both the preset and getting me across the finish line on this thanks a lot in fact!

Thank you for the mod, I absolutely adore the look. It really gives you the feeling of directing an empire while brooding over a dusty old map!

I'm just posting a few comments for those that might be interested in them:

I play on 1080p (GTX 970, non oc i5-4690k, 8gb ram) and get a bit less than 50 fps while scrolling around. When I disable depth of field I get back up to 60.

Controlling the DoF with your mouse is a lot of fun if a bit unpractical in the long run. It is also way too strong for my taste/resolution so I have disabled it for now. Do you have access to the depth buffer? I think I would prefer that, especially as it would decrease the DoF as you scroll out (as the camera angle gets steeper and the relative distances get smaller).

It would also fix the blurring of the UI as the masks don't line up if you have modified it in any way (I personally use Quick UI).

In addition to the install instructions (if I have not misinterpreted them) I also had to copy the ReShade folder (containing the presets, etc.) into the Civ binary folder so that they could be located. Not sure if I just missed that step but I got the same error as Buni0ns.

I've not yet played a big game with many civs, but I'd imagine the strong desaturation might make it a bit harder to differentiate the unit colors.

All told, great preset. :)

For blurry DoF in 1080p you can:
-Raise the value in ReShade under Mcfly DoF for NearBlurCurve
-Raise the value for Far Blur Curve
-Lower the value for Blur Radius

For additional FPS in 1080p:
Lower "rendersmult" (I think that's what it's called) under the same DoF settings from 1.0 to 0.7 or 0.6, this lowers the resolution of the DoF effect.

As far as UI mask, I will try to make a quick UI fix for those using quick UI.

Glad you enjoy.

Top Bottom