Photoshop vs. Photo-Paint

DrOrgaZmo

Chieftain
Which one is the superior program, Adobe Photoshop or Corel Photo-Paint?

Nevermind interface, speed, compatibility, and all that crap.

Which one has the most functions and raw power?

Photoshop has the most features. Nevertheless since it was at first a Mac application, it's still fully optimized for Power PC processors. That means Photoshop will always run faster on a Mac, for a given task. But you can always try Paint Shop Pro which is quite powerful and sufficient for people like you an me. IMHO.

A lot of people say that Gimp is pretty good and that has been ported to Windows and is native to Linux.

I've only tried Corel for a little bit. I use Photoshop 7.0 and love it. I can't really compare since I never used Corel for more than an hour. But from what I saw, Photoshop was better.

I dislike Gimp - don't like it a bit.

I know it's not one of the choices but I use Ulead Photoimpact 4.2
:p It's old but not dusty. It came with a scanner bundle and I use it for everything. Functions good and is good quality. I can't get pluggins for it and it sucks for most things 3d and some minor pallett limitations, but all in all I have to give it a sheltered and bias :thumbsup: I hope to try those other brands sometime but lazily fear learning new things.

Photoshop is indeed the best, IMO, and does leave PSP in the dirt, but it does cost about x times the price of PSP. For valuie for money, PSP is hard to beat and what I use most of the time, just because it is pretty powerful and easy to use.

Photoshop is definately the best hands down. But if you don't work in a design company and/or haven't got money burning a hole in your pocket, Paintshop Pro is perfectly adequate.

Just dont get used to Photoshop then go down to PSP. You will be annoyed!

I've never heard of Corel Photo-Paint; I normally use Corel PhotoHouse. Is that what you meant?

Top Bottom