PHXHRC aka OTiger's Custom (Fictional) Civilizations

OTiger

Warlord
With all the questions I'm asking, It's about time I make a thread for my civs.

Mr. Krabs (Spongebob Squarepants) Gold focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Mr. Krabs and his quest for more money!
Special thanks goes to Sweetclipart.com, where the Fry Cook alpha icon is from

Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants) Happiness focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Patrick and... well expand everywhere, I guess?

Plankton (Spongebob Squarepants) Military/Science/Espionage focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Plankton and take over the world by superscience!

Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants) Science focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Sandy and keep ahead of the game with science! A big thanks goes to LeeS for helping me out with the new UA.

Squidward Tentacles (Spongebob Squarepants) Culture focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Squidward and make the world more cultured!
Special thanks goes to JFD, Machiavelli, and calcul8or for the Dummypolicy file, which was originally used for ryanjames' The Manx Civ, Typhlomence, for using and helping me with his UniqueDiplomacyUtils files, and KyteM for the Dynamic Culture Overview code.

Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants) City-State focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Spongebob and make as many friends as possible!
Special thanks goes to LeeS for helping me out on the UA, JFD and Pouakai for letting me use the JFD_YnAEMPEmbarkation file. and Vicevirtuoso which the Invincibubbler's Lua code is based from.

Mario (Super Mario Bros.) City-State focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Mario rescue City-States as you can! (Most likely from Genghis Khan...)
Special thanks goes to LeeS for helping me out on the UA, Typhlomence for letting me use the _CityNames.lua file.

DK (Donkey Kong) Growth focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as DK and turn bananas into gold!
Special thanks goes to LeeS for helping me out on the UA, Typhlomence for letting me use the _CityNames.lua file, and the Colonialist Legacies team for the source of the Rambi code.

Palutena (Kid Icarus) Faith/Defense/Science focused Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as Palutena and make a rain of arrows!
Special thanks goes to LeeS for helping me out on the UA, qqqbbb for the Centurion Lua

Optimus Prime and Megatron (Transformers) A Great Person/Military/Culture Civ and a Military Civ

Spoiler :

Steam
Direct Link
Play as both the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons!
Special thanks to LeeS and Troller0001 and others for their coding help.
Special thanks to JFD and Cons for using their code for these Civs.
Prime alpha icon was based a work done by Andreas Bell.

Coming Soon:
???

I will love to have to some ideas and feedback for my Civs.

For those who are curious, here are my plans for Squidward and Spongebob:

Squidward Tentacles Culture focused Civ

UA: Renaissance Cephalopod: Gains Great Artists and Great Musicians 50% faster. Gets a free Great Artist when the Artist's Guild is finished and a Great Musician when the Musician's Guild is finished.
(Requires LUA help)
UU: Sour Note Solider: Replaces the Modern Infantry. Gains a bit of culture from kills
(I've been thinking to change it to Gain Great Musician and Great Artist points from kills, but how would you code it?)
UB: Easter Island Head House; Replaces the museum. Effects not yet decided.

Spongebob Squarepants City-State/Golden Age focused Civ?

UA: Best Day Ever: For each City State you ally with, you get 1+ :c5culture: Culture and :c5happy: Happiness. During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, gain more :c5influence: influence for each allied :c5citystate: City State (Not yet final) (May require LUA help, still thinking to change it completely)
UU: Invincibubbler: Replaces the Bazooka. It's slightly weaker than the normal Bazooka unit, but it has a larger range and a combat bonus in or the foe is in friendly lands.
UB: Pineapple House: Effects and what building it replaces is not yet decided.

I'm looking to have suggestions and ideas for these two Civs, if possible.

I like those ideas very much :D
We clearly need Spongebob mods! :goodjob:

I think the Easter Island Head should have a slightly higher maintenance cost because it will also provide an increase to city health and defense when the theming bonus is achieved. or maybe the bonus should be 2 or 3 local happiness.

I think the Easter Island Head should have a slightly higher maintenance cost because it will also provide an increase to city health and defense when the theming bonus is achieved. or maybe the bonus should be 2 or 3 local happiness.

That sounds like a interesting idea. Although I'm wondering on how you could code that bonus on the themeing bonus. Although I found this thread dealing with something similar with your idea.

The problem is though, I'm not sure on how you can create yields on city defense or health.

Hey! Welcome to the forums! Enjoy you're stay! :D
(And how about a Neptune civ?)

Hey guys, I was thinking to change Sandy's trait a bit, since it's mostly a clone of Korea's. I got this suggestion from a Steam user, Although, I probably won't change the trait any time soon:

+1 Science from pastures. +2 Science from Atolls, and +4 Science for every worked Ocean resource. Receive a Tech Boost every time a Melee unit kills an enemy in your territory.

(I'll need some Lua help, I bet. Does anyone know how to tackle this?)

So, what do you think?

Squidward is now live!

Here's a little run through on him:

Squidward is pretty much the ultimate cultural Civ. His Unique Ability allows you to create Great Artists and Great Musicians faster and lets you get a free Great Artist when completing the Artist's Guild and a Great Musician when completing the Musician's Guild.
Spoiler :

His Unique Unit also helps him with his cultural goals. The Sour Note Soldier, the replacement of the Infantry, gains culture when killing a unit. Even when in wars, Squidward can't help with being cultured.
Spoiler :

And finally, his Unique Building, the Easter Island Head House replaces the museum. Unlike the museum, the Easter Island Head House has 3 slots for Great Works of Art instead of 2. While that might mean that getting theming bonuses will be tougher, You'll have more room to put your artworks. Also, the theming bonuses have are slightly higher than the normal Museum's.
Spoiler :

And one more thing. Squidward is my first mod with Typhlomence's Unique Diplomacy files!

Here, Squidward learns the horrors of Montezuma:
Spoiler :

And here, Squidward greets JFD's Frederick the Great:
Spoiler :
Do you think that Maria Teresa is Frederick's Spongebob?

And finally and my personal favourite, Squidward meets Divine Yuri's Idolm@aster Civ:
Spoiler :

And there's a few more. Try to find them yourself! (Or look in the Lua or XML files)
Note that you won't see any unique diplomacy for my Spongebob Mods. That'll come later.
I'll also put in unique diplomacy for other mods, too.

And one last thing. If you're waiting for Spongebob, you might have to wait for a while since I started my university semester this month.
And do you have any ideas for him? I'm kinda stumped at this point. You can also go here to see my ideas so far.

Hey everyone! How it's going?

Spongebob isn't ready yet, though that's maybe because I'm busy trying to make my older mods compatible with other mods, such as JFD's Cultural Diversity.

You may noticed that Mr. Krabs has been updated with mod support, as seen here:
Spoiler :

Patrick's been updated, too:
Spoiler :

So far these two mods have support for:

- JFD's Piety and Prestige
- JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded
- JFD and Pouakai's Mercenaries
- Map Labels
- Unique Cultural Influence
- Civ IV Traits in Civ V

I have ideas for the cultural groups and Civ4 traits my mods right here:

Plankton: Totalitarian, :c5war: Aggressive and :c5science: Inventive
Sandy: Colonial, :c5science: Inventive and :c5strength: Protective
Squidward: Southern or Oceanic, :c5culture: Cultural and ???
Spongebob: Oceanic, :c5happy: Charismatic and :c5influence: Diplomatic

Do you have any ideas or suggestions here?

Anyways, eventually, my other mods will have support for the ones above and might have support for Event and Decisions, YNAEMP, Wish for the World and others.

Also, my other mods have custom diplomacy now:
Spoiler :

Great!
I think Squidward should be southern, the Aesthetics opener really fits him well.
(But he should have oceanic splash screens, and they all should have English unit dialogue)

Spongebob isn't done yet, but the coding's done, so I only have the dialogue and text left, which will take awhile to finish. I doesn't help that I have to work on the Custom Diplomacy for other Spongebob characters for Squidward.

On another note, I've finally updated Sandy with a new trait!
Her new trait now now focuses on defense, so during war, Sandy's defensive buildings will now generate Science during war. Gun, Mounted and Armored units will now have a near-capital combat bonus, which makes it deadly if Sandy had some upgraded Karate Choppers around.

(One thing on on the Science from defensive buildings: Walls and Castles generate +1 Science, Arsenals and Military Bases generate +2 Science during war.)

(Fun fact: The original idea would have the near-capital bonus happen only during war, but I couldn't make it work.)

Spoiler :

Also, Sandy now works with YNAEMP, which you can see here:

Spoiler :

You probably won't see my other Spongebob mods compatible with YNAEMP (Other than Spongebob), do you have any suggestions with where in the world they would be located?

And also, both Squidward and Plankton were updated with mod support:
Spoiler :

And finally Spongebob is done. No really.

Spongebob is City-State focused Civ. Allying with City-States will give you Happiness and Culture bonuses. This with help you a bit for getting Golden Ages, since during Godlen Ages, you influence with City-States will decrease 50% less and you'll get a 3% Culture boost for each City-State you're allied with.
Spoiler :

His Unique Unit. the Invincibubbler, will help you if some one attacks your City-State pals. The Invincibubbler is weaker than the usual Bazooka, but it has a higher range and a bonus when in allied City-State territory.
Spoiler :

And finally, the Pineapple House is the Unique Building, which replaces the Zoo. It has the same bonuses as the Zoo, plus a +5% Production bonus for each City-State that city is trading with, like the Hanse. This will help you if you're a big trader with City-States.
Spoiler :

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this mod.
Let me know if some things need to be changed. Just tell me if the UA is a bit overpowered.

Hm... I know this is not completly necessary, but, what happens to the Pineapple house if Enlightenment Era is active?

Hm... I know this is not completly necessary, but, what happens to the Pineapple house if Enlightenment Era is active?

Huh... I gotta admit that I never thought about that. JFD's Two Sicilies Civ has a Unique Building that replaces the Zoo, and when the Enlightenment Era is active, it replaces the Menagerie instead. I guess I gotta add support for the Enlightenment Era, then.

Wow, it's been some time since the last post. I just tested out Patrick's Civilization not too long ago and since JFD's CID has been released, Patrick got even more nerfed due to the :yuck: Disease component (Patrick's always has been dependent on Rock Houses and Quarries, but with the :yuck: Disease Penalty, he's just plain awful).
My thought to make him competitive (but then again, he's actually not supposed to be competitive), is to make him immune to :yuck: Disease Penalties (or at least reduce his Disease Penalties, since he pretty much eats everything).
Otherwise I really like your civ ideas! If you want me to help you in your projects, I'm willing to assist!

Top Bottom