Physical trade units

Mustakrakish

In 'Node' We Trust
I think the existence of actual trade units is not necessary. They need NOT be an actual unit. The trade route is a constant GPT, having a semi physical unit run back and forth 2 hex per turn is just weird and annoying all things considered.

With that in mind I'd like the actual physical route to be left (the path indicated by arrows), that could be interrupted by hostile units when they end their turn on the path, leeching the GPT as long as they remain on the path, instead of killing the unit when they cross paths. And so you build not a trade vessel or convoy, but a trade mission.

This would make for an interesting gameplay. "Our trade is regularly interrupted somewhere in that wild region, we should send some soldiers to investigate and clear the path."

Oh, I'd love that so much...

That would work. I do like personally worrying about where they are. But there needs to be an "auto" setting for them clearly. We have auto for explorers and workers. Trade units badly need auto. I should have settings on the trade overview screen where I can set certain civs as "don't trade", give weights to different yields, and block out areas as "dangerous" where I don't want units to go.

And of course, I could always have a few units that I don't want on auto because of navigating near nests or war zones.

Or for that matter, if they're units, why can't I fricking move them myself? It's not so helpful that they avoid that tiny bit of miasma and repeatedly walk right into that pack of seige worms.

The TTG Guy

I should clarify that "auto renew" is of course must be a part of that mod.

Oh of course. If they were on auto, they would just keep trading, maybe swapping routes if something better came along, etc.

Anyone interested in doing this? :(

Top Bottom