1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Picking specific civilizations to play in this mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by vanguard587, Sep 10, 2008.

1. vanguard587

vanguard587 Chieftain

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to use only some of the civilizations in this mod. I want to add Canada and Australia, and exclude all others. I was wondering if there was a way to do this. I was thinking of just removing the folders for all the other civilizations, but would I have to edit the XML files as well?

Thanks

2. Pessimus Dux

Pessimus Dux Seeker

Almost same here, i want to add a new leaders for the original firaxis civs, but nothing else, from CIV Gold mod.
    Is this possible?

3. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

vanguard587,

My Canada Mod and Aranor's Australia mod might be all you need. Yes, you could download Gold and delete what you don't want, but there are some universal files (like diplomacy) that will generate errors on startup.

Pessimus Dux,

You can achieve what you want by deleting some files.

When you install the full mod, under 'Modules' you'll have 4 folders and 2 Default_CIV4 XML files. All you need if you want the new leaders is the 2 XML files and the Custom Leaderheads folder.

The Diplomacy file, however, will generate errors unless you edit that to remove all instances of the new Gold leaders.

4. Pessimus Dux

Pessimus Dux Seeker

Oh, thnx for the answer!:)
    I'll download Canada mod, and try with that first. XML files are somewhat too complicated to me for now (ah, where are the CIV2 and 3 simple notepad-formatted rules?). But thnx anyway!

5. flyerec

flyerec Chieftain

I'd like to take a few civilizations make sort of a CivGold light so it loads faster. (not that it isn't a great mod it really is)

anyway so I have to delete the civs and the diplomacy text as well, where do I do that?