PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

Tigranes

Armenian
Heaven cannot brook two suns,
nor earth two masters.​
Alexander the Great​

PieAncientEuropeV-Diadochi

Alexander the Great is dead. Who will be the next Great? One of the Alexander's followers (Diadochi)? The ruler of Rome? King of Carthage? Leader of Germanic tribes? This game will show.

Greetings, all those who love ancient history! I have been looking forward to celebrate true modding gem by pie_at Pie Ancient Europe FINAL. After the release of Final Version and Patch 2 I think it is safe to immerse ourselves in BCs like never before. After much consideration WE will go with War of Diadochi scenario set in/around 300 BC.

Please download final version here, and apply the Patch 2 from here.

Players' Order

1. Tigranes - Seleucus [Agg/Imp] of Seleucids (Macedonians)

2. academia - Ptolemaius [Bui/Cre] of Ptolemaics (Macedonians)

3. Eclipse4449 - Demetrius [Phi/Spi] of Antigonids (Macedonians) (retired 260 BC)

4. Calanthian - Ceasar[Agg/Chm] of Romans (Romans)

5. Funky - Hannibal[Chm/Mar] of Carthaginians (Carthaginians)

6. civ_addicted - Arminius[Agg/Chm] of Germanics (Germanics)

House Rules

1. No human on human in-game actions during the first introductory turn. This includes attacking human units, pillaging human lands, crossing human land or sea borders regardless of war/peace situation. AI lands and units are excluded. Humans can trade or negotiate normally during the first turn (see rule 2).

2. No human interactions (advanced diplomacy) between human civs who did not discover each other yet. So Carthage cannot form alliance with Germanics before they meet in game. In PBEM ? sign on the scoreboard signifies human players you did not meet yet.

3. Human players cannot gift each other units. Cities can be traded only to original 300 BC owner or as a part of a peace deal after REAL (non-phoney) war.

4. Please consult with the host and fellow players before resigning (Alt Q). If it is not possible/practical to find replacement for the departed person -- game continues normally, with AI in charge of that civ.

5. No human to human vassals and only 1 human winner is possible at the end, while in the middle players can form any temporary alliances they like. If 2 or more players would like to engage in unbreakable player to player deal -- it is their right to do it, or decline to do it. But if they do -- they have to act as mutually agreed.

6. New house rules (banning certain exploit for example) can be added with simple majority vote. Host has just 1 vote, like everybody else. Host's main job is ensure that game runs smoothly even after he has been eliminated.

Its not a rule but a BIG request. Game will be on PBEM tracker, please join (http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=203). As a general courtesy and respect for the other 5 busy grown up men please kindly either play your turn withing 48 hours or post in this thread updating on your situation. This way no redundant gps are needed. I bookmarked my PBEM tracker and it is a wonderful utility.

well, this sounds pretty interesting. i don´t any experience at all with PAE, but i´ll give it a shot
i was named after alexander the great, so please give me Macedonia!

you are talking about this one, right?
Hellenic Europe (90x54) - with historical Barbarian Cities (Tribes)

Welcome! :goodjob:

There is only one map with the word Hellenic, as far as I can see: PAE L400BC 18 Civs Hellenic. The size is correct too, yes, with Barbarian cities. Macedonia is yours! :salute:

tigranes, i took a look at the scenario and played it a little bit... but found it pretty boring.
i mean, as macedonia i cant do s**t!
i´m surrounded by impassable terrain (even looks like a labyrinth, pfff)? and by barbs that constantly attack me. i see no fun it that for a pbem game. it´s like i´m being forced to do what the scenario wants me to do... not what i´d like.
cant we choose a scenario more suitable for a pbem?

Well, I playtested it as Persia and had a blast. Almost every turn I was learning something new about Ancient World, I am second in techs after Egypt after 150 turns, AI and especially barbarians will become to match to you after a while, smart choices by human player really add up. And remember for the first 3700 years real life Macedonia was not very famous :). But ... sure... I mean that's why I told yeveryone to load the map and see what they like or don't. We can always resort to War of Diadochi's , but the discovery and exploration part would be lost. Let's here from more players before we make up our minds...

you playtested it as persia?
i think you suggested only Athens, Sparta, Thebes or Macedonia with that map :lol:

in any case, i enjoyed War of Diadochi's pretty much. i´d be more keen on that one.

you playtested it as persia?
i think you suggested only Athens, Sparta, Thebes or Macedonia with that map :lol:

in any case, i enjoyed War of Diadochi's pretty much. i´d be more keen on that one.

Those two 4s were unrelated, if you carefully read me :). One can choose from any of the 18 civs, including 4 Greek ones. Why would I post 2 screenshots with all the names for 18 civs otherwise? :cooool:

Which civ did you playtest in Diadochi? Greek civs are in a big mess there, scenario should really be called Medeterannean after the wars of Diadochi -- rising powers of Rome and Partia have a better chance on this map. If we play it I suggest to chose from Rome, Carthage, Parthia and some other non-Greek civ.

T
Which civ did you playtest in Diadochi? Greek civs are in a big mess there, scenario should really be called Medeterannean after the wars of Diadochi -- rising powers of Rome and Partia have a better chance on this map. If we play it I suggest to chose from Rome, Carthage, Parthia and some other non-Greek civ.
I used Rome and the Britons

Those two 4s were unrelated, if you carefully read me . One can choose from any of the 18 civs, including 4 Greek ones. Why would I post 2 screenshots with all the names for 18 civs otherwise?
ok, i see what you mean, but you have to agree with me on the fact that that map has serious flaws... i mean, take a look at the greek geography, and compare it with, let´s say the war of daidochi map. it´s obvious that the designer do it on purpose... but dont know why?
it´s a fuc---g trap! you are surrounded by mountains and barbs, makes no sense.

anyway, let´s see if someone else join us...

Salve!

I don't have any time at all at the moment (got 80 history exams plus 60 pages of English texts to correct :sad:). But by the end of the week I should be through with everything, then I'll take a look into the scenario and choose which nation I will dominate the world with. By then we may also have found another player or two.

Academia, you might want to play a single player PAE game (not necessarily this scenario, but any map you fancy) to get used to the mechanics of the mod. Welcome on board by the way!

Ok, lets wait a little. .. By the way I played with Macedonia and discovered that barbarian cities flip to you once you have a palace... Also mountains can protect you from barbarians. In 120 turns I am second in techs (after Athens). I think they hired barbarian stack which appeared in the middle of my land :crazyeye: They burned one of my cities, but I lacked the gold required to torture one of the captives, so he could reveal who did this to me...

OK, I am in.

What CIV is free for me?

About me: I am not a pro gamer. I am just a modder. I really don't play much. So I hope, I can survive as long as possible ;)

The Creator Himself wants to join our game? Let the world know that salvation is near!

Welcome on board!

Great news! I really hoped to explore what mod has to offer from 4000 BC. But looks like Diadochis are gaining more interest. I will change opening post. Meanwhile feel free to open that scenario in SP and pick any civ that is dear to your heart there!!!

All right guys, 5 6 is a solid number, and we can stop here. Updated 1st and 2nd posts. Please chose your civ from looking on the civs directly in the game, I am at work right now and don't have PAE here (I hope my boss does not read those forums ;) ). I will chose at the end like I said before.

Any available civ is up for grab and I will update Post 2 which will have final player order and house rules, if any. My only proposed house rule is no gifting units (prevents lots of exploits) and trading cities after non phoney real wars only. Also no human on human battles during the very first turn. Obvious victory condition in addition to those in game (PAE is really open ended mod) will be human player elimination. Perhaps we should also put some time limit and crown the victor with highest score at the end.

Note that scenario is only approximate situation of the world in 300 BC. Diadochi's are at war, but in reality they just finished their 4th war.

I just had a look at the scenario. It makes a very good impression. It was hard to decide who to choose, since many nations look very interesting. Carthage would be my first choice. I also really think that someone should play Rome (if noone else wants to, I could play with them instead).

Ok, Carthage is yours! I am pretty sure someone will pick Rome :)

Top Bottom