PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

After his successful campaign of Spain, Hannibal has finally returned to Carthage. The Gods themselves welcomed him as he entered the largest and most glorious city in the world. The loss of Sicily to the treacherous barbarians from the north has been mourned. Now, with their exalted leader back, the Carthegian people are ready to take revenge and reclaim superiority over the Western Mediterranean.

Fall of Sardis was a serious blow to the entire Seleucid effort to stop the Roman war machine. :(

We congratulate our Ptolomeic allies with their recent victory in their epic struggle against Seleucia.
Luckily we could help them a little ;)

The West-Roman navy is attacking Sardinia. Will their campaign be succesfull?

Meanwhile light fighting on both the Pyrenean and Asia Minor fronts.

The major barbaric uprising in the Roman inland will be dealt with.

Breaking News: Barbaric Roman Nation Crumbling!

News has reached Carthage that the barbarians of Rome are suffering greatly from massive uprisings of freedom fighters throughout their land. As large bands of courageous warriors, who have had enough of Roman tyranny, are gathering to attack and reconquer the occupied cities, it seems like the savages of Rome must pay the price for their ruthless expansion into the civilized world. The Phoenician Gods smile at this unexpected turn of events. Have they themselves had a hand in this? The streets of Carthage are full of optimism and joy. While there is still a lot of work ahead, this is clearly the beginning of the end of the evil Romans.

It will be harder with yet another general being killed in Asia Minor. Many Roman cities are in revolt right now.

Guys, on Thursday I am going on vacation for two weeks. If I get my next turn till Wednesday, I'll play it. After that please be patient - I'll be back on August 8.

An epic turn in an epic game

BARBARIAN UPRISING

Major, foreign influenced, barbarian uprisings are being handled by the Roman home army. We are confident we will 'strike home' with these barbs that resistance is futile.
The mere sight of these barbarians convinced our countrymen that fighting amongst each other will not bring our generals back. So order is being restored swifly.

IS PONTUS THE BRIDGE TO VICTORY?

It becomes clear that Pontus has made a top secret deal with Rome. In return for peace with Rome, the Roman Swift Brigade has been allowed to travel through Pontian territory.
Now our brave soldiers were able to bypass the frontline and launch a surprise offensive. Operation Blitz Krieg, as general Germanicus calls this operation, is said to be a brand new way of waging war.
Speed is essential as the aim of the operations is strike hard and to strike deep. So large quantities of mobile troops have been deployed.

Germanicus added: "Alea jacta est (ed: The die is cast). Pray for our troops, as they will return victorious, or they will not return at all."

Our reporters where unable to keep up with these troops. It is said that "a few major cities have fallen".
Furthermore there is talk about Seleucid troops being trapped, although these stories are unconfirmed.

SHORT NEWS

* Sardinia has fallen to the might of the West-Roman navy.
* the last of the greek islands has been cleared of Seleucid presence.
* a group of Roman investers announced the opening of a new upper-class sea resort: "The Holy Land".

So, back again.

If you guys like hiking, go to Madeira. It's an absolutely beautiful island with stunning scenary, lots of diversity, friendly people, and many different possible activities, ranging from dolphin and whale watching and fascinating hikes to canyoning, canooing and paragliding. Combine that with two weeks of sunshine and swimming in the warm Atlantic and you have a perfect vacation.

Getting back to the game, since the evil Roman leader is on holiday too, I guess I still have some time to play my turn. I'll get around to it in the next days.

I actually cannot see how we can all beat Rome at this point. What about all of us to crown a victor, get the new patch and start another game?

What about all of us to crown a victor

Dear Seleucus, thank you so much! I gladly accept your offer of victory over the Mediterranian. You will always be welcome in my lands.

Long live Hannibal!

Long live Carthage!

(I wonder what the Romans will think about this. To think that they actually thought they could win this game... Pah!)

I´d rather keep on playing, but if you guys wanna surrender, fine by me.

(I wonder what the Romans will think about this. To think that they actually thought they could win this game... Pah!)

Well ok then, play your turn please. But I cannot see how we can turn tide even if we all work together. But we are not even together -- academia sides with Rome against all the logic. If any of you guys play chess you know that not surrendering in hopeless situation considered a bit childish by serious players.

I'm back from holiday in Italy. Life can be quite simple sometimes: good company, good weather, good food & drinks..

@ Funky: I would enjoy to play a couple more turns, but as Tigranes says it looks like a win for me. Two thirds of the Roman army is conquering Seleucia and will be free for action soon. Your chances are slim at best.

Furthermore I like to point out that Academia played a very good game. While facing an enormous army and at that point pretty bad odds, he fought on. He managed to mount a strong counteroffensive and turned the tide.
Of course helped a bit by my invasion of Seleucian territory on the other side of the Mediterranean. ;)

But we are not even together -- academia sides with Rome against all the logic.

Obviously a last desperate attempt to sow discontent. The only logical choice for Academia was to side with me against Tigranes' brutal invasion.

get the new patch and start another game?

YES!

as you wish guys... i´m willing to start a new pbem. this is one of my fav scenarios :goodjob:

ROMA INVICTA EST

I am sorry Caesar, I don't accept your capitulation. I realize you want to withdraw from this war, but the Carthegians will continue their merciless assault on the barbarians from the north until they have been annihilated.
The only way for you to stop them is by taking Carthage, but even the thought of this possibility is ridiculous.

(I would play another round of this scenario too though ;-) )

Perhaps we just should do that? I feel like resigning during my turn.

Top Bottom