1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Funky

Funky Emperor

Be strong, Seleucus!

As long as the glorious city of Carthage exists, this bastion of freedom and hope, the forces of evil will perish and we shall prevail. Hold up the barbarian hordes as long as you can, Hannibal himself will take care of the rest!

2. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

Funky, you're up.

Sorry guys for the delay, busy week.

3. Funky

Funky Emperor

Aaah, sorry guys. I completely forgot about my turn. I'm currently not at home, but I'll be back on Sunday to shed some Roman blood!

4. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

What about the next Pie game? Shall we start it now?

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I rather finish this one to avoid installation conflicts and to refresh the overall attitude. And I must say I am discouraged by current pace. :(

6. Funky

Funky Emperor

This game may still last years, because Carthage will never fall! Don't worry though Seleucus, over time we will bring the Roman barbarians down!

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Please try uploading the file again. Something is going with tracker, no file was received, but the mail was.

Edit: Never mind, all works now

8. academia

academia Master of the Universe

Egypt liberated!

9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

15 Roman units, including 3 Heroes been killed during this turn! Many Roman cities are in revolt!

10. Funky

Funky Emperor

Good job, Seleucus! Over here the Roman advance has been halted, and the city of Carthage exerts more power and grandeur than ever before. The gods are on our side and victory will soon be ours! It is not too late for Ptolemaius to join the forces of good and support us in our combined struggle against the barbarians from the north...

11. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

Finally the Seleucid army showed itself. The Roman High Command quickly realized this as a great chance.

Elite reinforcements were sent to Nisipur, the site the Seleucid army was attacking.
    While the Roman First and Second Swift Brigades received orders to strike deep into Seleucid territory, if possible.

On the second day of the :c5war: battle of Nisipur (the battle Tigranes was talking about) the Roman army took control of things.
    Massive barrage fire was followed by frantic charges of Bactrian and mercenary horsemen.

Attalos, the Seleucid general, realized that the fate of his army was at stake. He sent in 3 units of his mighty beasts, the War Elephants.
    But as the Roman army has developed considerable experience in handling these beasts, they were quickly dispatched.
    Some even charged through the Seleucid battle ranks. In the following onslaught Attalos was killed..

At this sight, Praetor Quirinus ordered the Second Swift Brigade to bypass the battle and strike deep into Seleucid territory.
    The chaos and panic in Seleucid lands left their famous Royal road completely undefended. With devastating results..

Meanwhile the First Swift Brigade attacked further south. Sweeping through the desert they reached another great city.

All-in-all, the Roman revenge was merciless. The High Command claims that 43 units and a general are killed. A
    nd there are some unconfirmed rumors that "Seleucia has a new capital, and it ain't Babylon.."

If this rumor were to be true then a true miracle must have happened:
    both the heavily fortified cities of :c5war: Seleukia and :c5war: Babylon must have been conquered.

Can it be true, my beloved readers, could this really be?

12. academia

academia Master of the Universe

roma invicta!

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Still cannot comprehend how Roma got so many MP 4 units. Chariot Archers were overpowered from the get go, but with GG promotion and 4 MP speed blitz goes faster than during WW2 with tanks.

14. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

I built 14 of them.. and all of you can build them, so we had an even playing field.. (PS I don't have so much MP4 units, most of my chariot archers are MP3.)
    Furthermore, I have played 57 turns, and waged war every single turn of them. So my army is very experienced.

* Actually I think that the "use enemy roads" and "morale / +1 movement range" should be removed. These have the most of the, inappropriate, WWII feel.
    We could remove them ourselves if we play another game.

* and the effects of a fallen general are too great.

15. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yes, I agree with all your points, but I think I counted at least 5 MP 4 units. One of them I killed.

16. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

Actually I think the chariot archers should get -25% or maybe even -50% against cities (including ranged fire).