PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

Please be a bit patient. I wasn't there yesterday. But today's night (at about 20.30) I could post the necessary python update. It's a tiny update: the AI uses ranged attack more better.
I really hope, I haven't changed anything else in my XML mess. But I think it's better to upload a new Patch2 with my current XML files, so that we can be sure, that we have the same version.

The patch 2 has just 6 mb. so this shouldn't be a problem at all, is it?

Thanks! Everyone plz repatch, and stand by for Tracker link... Will start with my turn tonight!

Ἀντίοχος, humble and obedient son and servant to his father and Basileus Seleucus the Victor -- may peace and joy be with you always!

Happy Father's day :D

It is particularly happy to celebrate your day in the light of your recent victory at Ipsus! One-eyed Antigonus will no longer bother us, but unfortunately his cursed son Demetrius is still alive and I am informed that he is marching on our great city of Sardis! I hope your Elephants, which you got from Chandragupta Maurya in exchange for some useless Indian provinces, will teach him a good lesson!

The only thing I am really confused about is a number of our enemies :crazyeye:. Don't we suppose to be at peace and friendship with our allies Ptolemy and Lysimachus? I don't hear about Cassander anymore, with his Mecedonia now under rule of Dementrius. Instead we got to worry about Pleistarchus, son of Antipater and brother of Cassander, who turned into Barbarian and took refuge in Cilicia. We just won Fourth War of the Diadochi, right? :dunno:

Parthians and Pontus also not suppose to be around at this time, but they are, and attacking us. And finally this barbarian Nicanor, who used to be a satrap of Media under Antigonus, isn't he suppose to be dead by now being defeated some 12 years ago?

Whatever the case is -- I am ready to fight all our enemies all at the same time! While you are marching in Anatolia I will take care of Iran. Parthians will be stopped in narrow mountainous ridge, our Shortbowmen from Ecbatana already rained a hail of arrows on their king.

Finally I have to report that 2 slaves died on my watch during this year. One was field slave and Zeus killed him by lightning. The other one was mine slave and got killed by mining cart. Please capture some slaves with your Scythed Chariots and Elephants, as we have no Workers and no working Slaves. I took a liberty to liberate couple of settled slaves in order to use them for terrain improvement.

P.S. Is it true that you, while in your mid 40s are about to marry 17 year old Stratonice, daughter of cursed Demetrius, while we still at war with him, only recently having killed her granddady Antigonus? :eek: She sure looks hot:love: but still...

Being your faithful always,
Antiochus

First turn is always the hardest one while everyone is getting aboard. While waiting for your turn please do 2 things.

1. Join tracker. http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=203

(I think only pie_at is not there. You would need to register with your forum name, please!)

2. Never mind

pie_at please PM your email address to academia.
Done.

Joined pbemtracker: done.

Try to open initial start: done, but I can't. it's write-protected.

Question: Shall we rename the Mod folder, so if it takes years, that you are able to play future patches of PAE?
For renaming this PAE version, I'll give you instructions (several files have to be edited).

I usually rename PAE folder only in case when we end up using updated version for single player/new PBEM and old (right now current) version with which we started PBEM. I just copy entire PieAncientEuropeV folder, rename it PieAncientEuropeVPBEM and we are done (assuming everyone did the same).

But ... do you really plan lots of updates for PieAncientEuropeV? I thought this is final version. If you ever do PAEVI than it will have different name regardless. I would need to replay my turn if you want us to use different folder name. Please advise.

P.S. Why is it save protected? This is bad news. Are you using steam version of BTS?

i´m getting the "the save file you have selected is protected..." message
i think i´ve seen this before in other pbems... do you remember how can this be fixed?

I think this means we have different files in our PAE folder. Please describe how did ou patch your mod?

i followed the links in your first post.
downloaded the scenario, and "original" patch 2.

Please download final version here, and apply the Patch 2 from here.

and then, downloaded and copy+pasted the new patch 2, posted by pie_at:
It's done: please download the latest patch: PAEV Patch2 again.

So we can start.

I guess that´s the issue... a mix of patch 2 versions?

I hope I am able to play my turn before Friday, as my brother is getting married then..
Otherwise I will play next week..

@ academia, I did the exact same thing :dunno: Do you have steam version?

@Calanthian where you been able to open my Initial (testing) save?

It's the same issue for me, it says that the savegame is protected because i changed the assets.
Just to be sure, i redownloaded the mod, patched it and i still can't open it.

nope

isn´t pie_at having the same issue with your file?

Ok, I can open files that you generate, but you cannot open mine. Sent you one more different file... Please check it out before I go around asking for help...

@Calanthian: please join our game on Tracker and congrats for your brother! :goodjob: It is your turn now to prove your worth :D:love:

I usually rename PAE folder only in case when we end up using updated version for single player/new PBEM and old (right now current) version with which we started PBEM. I just copy entire PieAncientEuropeV folder, rename it PieAncientEuropeVPBEM and we are done (assuming everyone did the same).

But ... do you really plan lots of updates for PieAncientEuropeV? I thought this is final version. If you ever do PAEVI than it will have different name regardless. I would need to replay my turn if you want us to use different folder name. Please advise.

hm, normally I make some patches before it becomes a new version. those patches mainly solves bugs or adds/changes user issues. Eg, I don't have programmed the bug that mercenaries (or the text only) comes 2 turns after again, another thing is I shall change the ST of the Marduk priest, and so on....
For those small changes, there is no need to create a fully new version. But it helps balancing the game as it is. So that's why there are patches. And I don't know how much will come.

It would be better, we change the Mod name: it goes like this:

update the those files (all in PAEV folder):

1) Resource/Civ4.thm
2) Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml (at the end of the file)
3) Assets/Python/CvEventManager.py (concerns StartingPoints)
4) delete ini-files (.ini and .ini.bak - will be created again)

With what name shall we replace the folder?

P.S. Why is it save protected? This is bad news. Are you using steam version of BTS?
I think this means we have different files in our PAE folder. Please describe how did ou patch your mod?

No, I think it is a user security thing of windows. I've win 7 and CIV complete (not the steam version). I had this problem once too. You could change the file proberties (protection rights of the file).

If it wasn't mod compatible, it would first say, "your version is not compatible with that blablabla".

^^ @pie_at Perhaps you right, but I am not sure about it. Please PM me your email I will send test files for you to open.

@ Everyone: to keep things simple I recommend copy the entire PAE folder and rename it by adding PBEM at the end. This PBEM will only be used while playing our game (I will generate game using that folder) and will be always outdated (except for right now, lol). All the updates and patches will affect regular PAE folder and can be used for single player.

But we still need to solve this stupid protection issue.

Ok. I copied and renamed everything to PieAncientEuropeVPBEM
I am ready.

Top Bottom