PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

I am sorry.

Now I get an write protection popup AND the game crashes to desktop.

I downloaded PAEV from atomicgamers. I renamed it to PAEVPBEM, I overwrote it with Patch 2 (downloaded from its link).
I did nothing else.

At this time I feel a need for some TeamViewer session. I mean surely Author must be able to recognize his own installation on my machine and compare it with his.

BUt again I have a feeling problem is not with me. Over the time you were owning BTS perhaps, just perhaps you improved something in a general file outside of your Mods folder. I am not saying re install BTS, but ... what else can we do at this point?

Other players (besides academia) please visit here http://www.pbemtracker.com/list.php?gameID=203 and see if YOU can open any of the saves of our game. For some reason this was the hardest start I ever had with any PBEM...

I couldn't open the older save, but this one works fine.
Bad news is that i did exactly the same thing as pie: download original and patch 2, patch it and rename it :/

Why is it bad news? It is good news, proving most players will be able to play their turns and we just need to figure out what is so different between pie_at's installation and ours.

We don't need older saves. Those on tracker are the actual game we started. Before we were testing...

So, I just mailed Tigranes, if I am the only one, where it doesn't work, then please start the game without me.
I am really very busy at the moment so that I can't trouble shoot in my tiny spare time for long.

I can't imagine why it doesn't work. I always testplay simultan MP games with a friend before I upload a patch. And once I played standard BTS with him without problems.

no matter. start playing. if CIV wants that it's so complicated, I have to live with.

Thx! Yes, it's sad, but I follow this thread and I am there for you, for any questions.
Perhaps someone wants to make a story, then I am happy that I can follow that now! ;)

All I can say is that this is very disappointing and unfortunate. After all the effort I hate to give up on something technical like this.

I really need Funky and Calanthian to try to open this:http://www.pbemtracker.com/upload/Diadochi_BC-0300_to_Demetrius.CivBeyondSwordSave

Meanwhile I ll be looking for replacement... :sad:

When I open it I get a black screen and a little box with the message "GFC error. Failed to initialize the primary control theme".

To install the mod, I downloaded it, as well as the patch, from the links in the first post. Later I downloaded the new patch which was posted a page back or so. Apparently something was not quite right.

I hope we'll get it to work. It's ashame it doesn't seem to run for pie_at, I was looking forward to playing with him. :(

Funky, your problems are easily solvable. You need 2 identical folders with PAE, except that one needs to have PBEM at the end. 1 folder only creates this issue.

And by the way no need to download Patch 2 twice. After certain date current patch has all the hot fixes.

No, sorry, you are replacing the modder of this mod, pie_at, and will be playing Macedonian Antigonids. Please check the first 2 posts for info and installation. After you install mod and patched it let us know please.

Man that is an overwhelming amount of stuff to deal with. I literally have no idea what I have done in my turn lol. I might need to read up on how this mod works.

Here is the save.

Attachments

• Diadochi_BC-0300_to_Julius_Caesar.CivBeyondSwordSave
    282.6 KB · Views: 39
The greatest news is that it worked! I hope you have account on Tracker?

pie_at see, things do work for others!

This mod can overwhelm light hearted people. Many, many details. But if you are a tough guy and willing to learn -- every turn will teach you something. Or you could practice against AI while waiting for your turn. Despite you are my worst enemy right now -- I will give you some mod related advice (I have only finished 1 SP game myself, so do not think that I am pro). Next time you get your turn -- please rename your Hero Great General. Antigonus has died during Turn -2 :lol: -- has to be Demetrius who took control of Macedonia few years after his elderly father Antigonus was defeated at Ipsus.

I have uploaded your turn myself (but you could have done it here http://pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=203 ).

Calanthian is up. He was kind of silent recently. I hope he came back from his big Dutch wedding :D.

Yeah, I heard this before from you about some other game :D. In my note I will call you Canadian Knoedel. You boys must be about the same age.

Everybody please make sure to read house rules! And if you are new to this mod -- read some hints and tips in Pedia. Things can go sour right off the bat. For example if you raise taxes too high (above 50%) your cities will revolt against you (check city screen for exact probability)! Same is true if you lose your GG.

Top Bottom