1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Tigranes, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Our new vassal Lysimachus was bold enough to request Glass making technology. He was willing to pay for it 6(six!) gold :lol: We just gave it to him for free.

Rome was bold enough to offer very unfavorable trades with great Seleucid Empire. Just who do they think we are?

2. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

Well,

perhaps your great leader, in his great wisdom, is willing to make a counteroffer to the Republic of Rome.

Of course we stand in awe of your strong army, wise scientists and bustling empire,
    jada jada jada etc. etc.

So make me a counteroffer, already ;)

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Nah, too generous, I just took your's (the tech offer). Perhaps this will create +4 attitude from Rome.

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

After the death of Alexander the Great, Perdiccas expelled the Athenian settlers on Samos to Colophon, on the coast of what is now Turkey. After the completion of his military service, Epicurus joined his family there. He studied under Nausiphanes, who followed the teachings of Democritus. In 311/310 BC Epicurus taught in Mytilene but caused strife and was forced to leave. He then founded a school in Lampsacus before returning to Athens arriving to Babylon in 306 BC 288 BC where he remained until his death. There he founded The Garden (κῆπος), a school named for the garden he owned that served as the school's meeting place, boosting Babylon's science by 25%! Don't worry, be happy!

Link to video.

5. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

Sorry, i can't play my turn yet because the savegame i got is for Hannibal, not me. No answer to my pm yet either :/

6. Funky

Funky Emperor

Didn't see the PM. I sent you the save via email now.

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

We welcome the arrival of Carthaginian envoys! Unlike Rome they offered very reasonable trades. And open borders!

8. Funky

Funky Emperor

The Tyrant of Carthage is indeed a very formidable individual!

9. Funky

Funky Emperor

In the last weeks, turn cycles have been progressing rather slowly. Sometimes a problem may occur, like in the case of civ_addicted, which causes a delay. But otherwise there is really no need for a player's turn to take longer than 24 hours. I've been checking the tracker occasionally and it seems to be the same players who take a long time - often over 2 days - to play their turn. It would be great if we all tried to play our turn as soon as possible after receiving it. It only takes 10 minutes, and we'd all profit from a faster game.

10. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I know what are you saying. I am in 12 games with various degrees of speed and complexity, and frankly I gave up identifying legitimate reasons vs gray area vs not really caring about the game. Just go with the flow. I am always looking forward for all my turns, checking my email just for that few times a day, otherwise I would not bother with games to begin with. The main problem are not the people -- but rather lack of available people. For the last 3 years I mostly see the same not very crowded crowd, I am happy someone still playing PBEMs to begin with. If you are playing 1 game things can get pretty frustrating. With 12 things feel more reasonable :crazyeye:

11. Sanguivorant

Sanguivorant Submitter

Guys I have had a really critical problem, and I do not know what it is. (This is for all PBEM's i'm in).

I have tried to open the savegame files, either by clicking on them or by loading them from the game it-self.

It says something about protecting my savegame from mods or something like that. This is the main reason why I haven't been able to play my turns lately:

Can anyone advise me on what I should do? I am thinking of reinstalling the game.

It happened lately when I tried to do something with the DLL files and I think I accidentally overwrote the ones on the game directory.

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

See my RFC comment please.

13. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Sangie, I really hope you are done with your problems. You used to post so often, what happened to you? 120 hours delay and counting! :(

14. Calanthian

Calanthian Emperor

Yes let 's roll again !

15. Sanguivorant

Sanguivorant Submitter

Extremely sorry guys, I am still trying to balance between university and personal time, and this DLL problem doesn't make it any better.

I will reinstall now and hopefully I will be able to play my turns. in the next two hours. I have a place that I need to get to in two hours.

It's in the Arab genes; we can focus on one thing perfectly, but find it hard to make a balance between other important things in life.

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Good grief! Macedonians seems to be haunted. Looks like we need to find the third Ruler for them, although at this point it is less fair for a new player, and I would rather resign them to AI. What do you think, guys? Meanwhile I will email Eclipse...

17. Funky

Funky Emperor

I'd say it's up to Sanguivorant. I'm fine with him to stay in the game, if he manages to solve his problems quickly and play his turns swiftly from now on. If he cannot do that, for whatever reasons, we have no choice but to drop him. In that case, I'd prefer we get a substitute, if we are able to find one.

18. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I will take Macedonia, what is the game year? and turn count?

Is this a MOD? hopefully I can download tomorrow evening but Hotel WiFi isn't always the greatest, at worst I am home Thursday evening

19. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I'm in, the Mod works great!!! I just lack a password to enter the turn ???
    Tigranes?

20. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Sent.