[PIE's Ancient Europe;(PAE)] - Let the animal inside loose!

I have only one theory behind this: Tachy. He is admin. He can get into your game and move it along. And he is moody these days, even considering to join some hate clubs :gripe:, so do not expect lots of interactions from him. At least in these forums.

Ok, so apparently Tachy has ignored my email and my posts here. Instead he has continued to play my turns and is essentially playing two civs. Needless to say, this game makes no sense anymore. I am utterly amazed by this behaviour and find it hard to conceive how a single person can display so much inanity. Ashame about the time and effort we put into the game. At least we know which player to avoid in the future.

Tigranes, if you are interested, perhaps we could set up a new PAE game, provided we find a few decent, non-idiotic players.

I really wanted to play a war of Diodochi with newest version. Would you like to host?

I am upset about situation with Tachy. He is old enough not to be a moody teenager. His strategy posts are full of insight and hard work, he helped Pierre with this mod a lot. I guess he was just unhappy with a lack of attention and these actions was his way to stick middle finger to the overall situation, not to us in particular.

Diodochi war sounds nice. You should do the hosting though, you have more experience with PBEM games than me.

Ok then. Let me post some invitations in their main forum.

Pierre is working on very critical Patch at the moment, I suggest we wait a little so that we can play with bug free version.

Sure. Perhaps you could send me a PM when it's ready, I don't check the forum very frequently these days.

I got a file somehow.... Do we still playing this? Funky was it from you?

Dear Tachy,

I will start by saying that I did not call you any name, nor did I think of doing so since I don't know you. I judged your behaviour you displayed, which, I maintain, was inane. And just as I and everyone else has been an idiot on certain occasions or issues, in my opinion you have been an idiot in the actions you took (or didn't take) in our game in the last weeks. That doesn't mean that you as a person are an idiot, in fact I am confident that you are a decent chap in real life.

That said, I don't find it to be very noble that you display yourself as a victim of the circumstances. I would have found a more humble approach and perhaps an apology to be more appropriate.
I posted two times that I would be gone for some time, and everyone was aware of it, including Tigranes, who you falsely accuse of being too impatient to wait. You didn't say you would be playing my turns, at least not in a way that anyone could comprehend. And even if you had, that wouldn't have justified it - just spying out other people's territories and getting insights into their plans and intentions is something which to me is unacceptable in multiplayer, let alone playing for them. To the remaining players it seemed as though the game was progressing normally, and I assume you were aware of that.
After I had posted from Cameroon you didn't react, nor did you respond to my email when I was back. I am very busy too. But checking into the forum from time to time and reading your emails is not very time-consuming. At least not more than playing my turns. To simply ignore all my attempts to communicate with you and leave our game thread unchecked despite such irregularities going on is bad style, to say the least.
I think the rest of us are justified in feeling resentment towards this behaviour. Afterall, we put a lot of time and energy into this game and you ruined it for us. Personally, I don't get emotional over such things. I would just have liked you to show a hint of remorse. But you must do what you find best.

Despite all, I wish you all the best for your life and your work, and hope that your career works out in the way you wish. And since you asked, here is me on the beautiful beach near the town of Kribi - a true paradise, undiscovered by the tourist centers of the world. The showers in our lodge didn't work, which was no problem; in the mornings we simply took a hot bath in the Atlantic Ocean. :)

You may be right, I'm quite stressed these time.

So, may have a second chance because I think everyone can have one, right? Also, I would like to start another PBEM about PAE, but Tigranes deals with the invitation. Socially, I suck. He may far better than I am on this. War of Diadochi, it shall be I guess.

Starting 7 days, is that ok?
Waiting for answers.

P.S. Golly, you are the spitting image of my project teacher...when I saw the picture, I was rather confused at first. :)

Its not about invitations, guys, everyone can join -- the problem is the patch. Yes, Pierre said 7 days -- but I am not sure if that will be the case. SO we have to be patient.

Tachy -- you are fine in every respect, except that you sometimes do not post (while some other times post right away). In fact you are so interesting that one day I pulled all the threads you ever started and was reading you for few hours. Very nice contribution to strategy and PAE.

Funky, just recently I was in the situation when my account was abused by the host who did not like the way I have chosen to play my very last turn and played my turn instead of me. So I can understand how you feel. However in this case it was more like a lack of communication rather than acting in bad faith, like in my case.

At this point we all have very few units so in principle it would not be too hard to go back where all this misunderstanding started and replay it right way. However I suggest not to. New PAE, new patch, very dramatic scenario, lots of units -- this will be first PBEM with PAE final. SO lets wait a little and start playing. :goodjob:

Yes, I agree, Tigranes, that we wait and start a new game, preferably the Diodochi scenario. To be honest, starting PAE from the very beginning with several players is very slow and not vey exciting. With the Orient game it could have taken a year or longer before things started to get interesting. In the scenario, war rages from the start, cities and troops are ready, alliances exist, technological progess has been made... that should be a lot more fun. We just have to figure out how which civs to pick for a reasonably balanced game.

Tachy, you are right about the second chance. And afterall, you are the one who initiated the idea of playing a PAE PBEM. My only conditions are that someone else, supposedly Tigranes, hosts the game, and that we commit ourselves to checking the game thread every few days. For a long project like this, with several individuals with different backgrounds, honest and open communication is the key to a successful game.

my account was abused by the host who did not like the way I have chosen to play my very last turn and played my turn instead of me.
Maybe you should clarify the FACTS of that alteration:
- The game had 5 players
- in the very last turn you made some decisions that were... questionable
- there was a MAJORITY decision by the other 4 players (3 favourable, 1 neutral) to modify your last turn
- your last turn was changed in line with the majority decision (which was basically to enter the turn and to retire, thus passing the nation control to AI)

So, there could be a philosophical question that if it was Tigranes account that got abused OR if it was Tigranes that abused the game and the Master password was used to correct it... but I won't get into that.

There are a few key differences between that situation and this one:
- the turn changed was of a player that had dropped out of the game
- using the master password to change the turn occureed only AFTER a discussion with the remaining players and with the clear majority of votes

Regarding our PAE game, I do agree that the host made a mistake by deciding himself to play for Funky's turns without the prior consultation of the other players. I did think that the tracker comment was strange but I assumed that it was something agreed (that I did not understand what) between Tachy and Funky.

It is a very good thing to see that Funky and Tachy were able to have a proper communication process and that you were able to agree on how to move forward! :goodjob:

This PAE game was infact a veeeeeeeeeeeeery slow game so it's a good thing that it ended! The game would have (likely) died of natural causes somewhere in the future!

Good luck for your new PAE game. I hope that you have FUN with it!

Hi,

Looking for a passive participation for a PBEM game. Where do I sign up :)

What does "passive" mean? :D Welcome! :band:

Just stand by before we get a patch. All those interested will be contacted directly after I create opening post for the new game.

Hi,

Looking for a passive participation for a PBEM game. Where do I sign up :)

Cookie, since this is your first post in the forum, it would be nice if you could tell us something about your Civ career. What is your experience with Civ4? Have you played the PAE mod before? Have you done multiplayer and PBEM games? And what do you mean by passve participation?

Sorry to interrupt I'm looking for news about the Mango (Capac)

Heard it was passing exams or something stressful / else.

He is fine. Soon to graduate.

Yes, I agree, Tigranes, that we wait and start a new game, preferably the Diodochi scenario. To be honest, starting PAE from the very beginning with several players is very slow and not vey exciting. With the Orient game it could have taken a year or longer before things started to get interesting. In the scenario, war rages from the start, cities and troops are ready, alliances exist, technological progess has been made... that should be a lot more fun. We just have to figure out how which civs to pick for a reasonably balanced game.

Ok Funky, I have tested several maps and found one which runs faster than Orient map, please see my Hellenic map thread. After all the changes pie_at made to his great mod it would be shame to miss any feature and start things from the middle. Trust me we would not need to wait a year with 4 committed players to see things happening.

Top Bottom