Pie's Ancient Europe

Yes, he said he will change, but how? I have a feeling he is cherishing this feature. Sometimes modders invent a feature which they feel as their "own", and they don't like to part with it no matter what :D

What will happen in a game when nobody ever can trade maps AT ALL? Never seen that implemented. Very radical, I know... But simple.

Some modders cherish they own creation, but Pierr..uh...I meant PIE said he's also perfectionnist. You think it's a flaw means to him his mod hasn't reach perfection. :blush:

;)

First I had in mind to enable maptrading very, very late, so that players could draw maps with the PAE feature much earlier.
But Thorgal came, saw and changed something else: the leader's properties. you will only be able to trade maps when the relationship is very good. and PAE will not start with friendly from beginning on like in BTS, but with 2 states worser: angry.

I hope, this will do the trick.
otherwise, I will set map trading to the end phase of tech tree....

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I've been playing it on and off for some months now and it really is a great tweak for Civ IV. It even motivated me to read a few books about Asia Minor's and Central Asian history ;) !

Dear pie_at, I am a big fan of your mod and I anticipate its new version. You have written a few weeks ago that you are planning to release PIE V final sometime after Christmas. It's already the 4th of January, 2014:) Do you have any other firm date when this masterpiece will be released?:)

Yes. Yesterday I finished with my list of about 150 user issues of the almost finished version V (available for scenario modders and active helpers) and updated all included maps. So, I only need to import the online texts and have a last test game. after that, I give PAE V again to my active helpers for some days (at least a week) and when they say: Every is fine, let's give it to the people outside, I'll do that!

So I think and hope: this month.

Again as a reminder:
-) A new CIV: Britons
-) A new promotion system
-) Veterans shall become reservists
-) Let almost every type of ship sail with the black flag and turn colored again
-) Cutivate grains, cattles, grapes, horses, camels, olives and dates all over the world
-) Very careful and completely different leaders
-) Corrections and some fine tuning in tech tree
-) Catch floatsam of sunken ships and earn money or slaves
-) New national wonder: League
-) New territorial special unit: Sons of Mars
-) Delegate to draw maps
-) Oracles can now predict a natural disaster one turn before
-) Commend and upgrade a seasoned chariot to a war chariot
-) Scouts are invisible, except for other scouts and ... animals ;)
-) Plague: even settled slaves will now die during a plague
-) Supply wagon helps city unit hunger
-) The new food supply unit helps city growing and vassals supply hegemons with such wagons when rich in food production
-) Spoken quotes for each tech by a professional speaker
-) More videos from mourndraken
and many changes....

stay tuned

Great news!
Any new scenarios? How do existing scenarios behave under all new changes?
Armenia did not make a cut as genuine civilization?

New scenarios will come from JohnDay: The Peloponnesian War (Greece against Persia) and Limes Germanicus (Rome against Germanic peoples)

Existing scenarios are adjusted.

Armenia ;)
If I have read all necessary material and have the time for that, I'll check that. Promised.

I'm a huge fan of your mods, I nearly stopped every other activity when I discovered it since it's THE civ I was waiting for 15 years now ! Great work !

Is is possible to get the update ?? plz plz plz :(

:D thank you very much, you exaggerate :D

one big update is missing in the list above, which I didn't thought it comes to a finish: PAE V final will have over 150 ancient leaders! It's amazing! It's difficult for us today, to know 10! But I will change that! :D

I think, this week, I can release it for my active helpers....

It may seem so, but I really don't exagerate.

We've played it with a friend and after each turn we were like "Oh it's so good, it's so good ...". The only problem is the "out of sync" that are very common so we had to reload the game after each turn. After, 6 hours of reloading we decided that it was too long but it was 6 good hours !

In my solo game, after a few hours, I also had problems with game crashing almost every turn. With lot of patience I manage to get to the middle of the tech tree.

Even with all those troubles I can say that those games were one of my favorite civilisation games (I'm playing since civ 1). I can't wait for the final version hoping it will be more stable.

It's hard to get to the end of the tech. I never got there, which is a pretty good thing. That means late units still have use a long time before obsoleting.

And PAE has the interesting feature to make later and later techs exponentially costlier, aiding to late units usefulness.

Stability: yes, it should. I've played the Diadochi scenario over 300 turns without OOS.

And it was amazing. As you said... it was so funny, I assigned mercenaries to my friend and it ended up that we spend our whole money (with selling maps to other civs, selling units, selling slaves etc...) to assign them against each other. it was 4 o'clock in the morning and we wanted to go to bed, so, for us the game had no end otherwise... man that was hard, but only with the mercenary feature, it was the craziest ad funniest game ever... :D

Good news ! If you need people to test don't hesitate. Me and my friends can take a full holiday year to test it ;-)

A very good mod, it feels balanced and polished. In three games I have only encounted 3 loading crashes (easily resolved by just loading again), and one ingame crash.

Top Bottom