Pie's Ancient Europe

Is it recommended to play the Diadochi scenario on epic, or is Marathon alright?

Puh... I think Epic, but its settings should be set up correctly by the author.
But the very best thing is to play it twice with different settings ;)

The main issue on Marathon will be, that the time period won't fit 100%. But who really cares (even in BTS). On the other hand, you have fun with your skilled Spartians for a longer time....

Must have done something wrong...

18 civs large maps, civ stops working in the loading screen right after settings.
18 civs standrd, "you have been defeated" immediately
same woth 17 civs...

Perhaps it's something of this (from the FAQ thread here):

My game crashes immediately after the first turn / It says, "We have been defeated" / The mod cannot be loaded!
The mod has probably been downloaded incompletly. Try to download and install it again. Do you have installed the correct patch for BTS?

We have been defeated! or Game is crashing all the time!
This can happen when you want to play your "own scenarios" and change any options. Changed scenarios can only be played by changing options in the file itself.

I got CtDs (Crash to desktop)!
In windowed mode (menue - options - graphics) CIV runs more stabil. If you switch to desktop in fullscreen it will crash in later games. So don´t switch to desktop when playing in fullscreen mode.

I don't have a game interface!
Try 1st: be sure you have BTS 3.19 patch installed
Try 2nd: choose another screen resolution ingame (options/graphics)
Try 3rd: be sure that the ini-file in the PAE root folder contains NoCustomArt=1 and NoCustomAssets=1 (instead of 0).

When I load the mod I get a GFC-Error:
Do not rename the main mod folder (PieAncientEurope).

Hey, so after downloading this mod I lost a great many days, but I have emerged to ask a question:

I keep trying to use the Syncretism civic in my Roman Empire so that I can spread both Greek and Roman religions. However, Syncretism doesn't seem to have the effect the tab says it does, of giving happiness with different religions. Instead what always seems to happen is that once I adopt syncretism, instead of getting +happiness for more religions, I lose the +happiness for having a state religion, get no +happiness for multiple religions, and get a bunch of +unhappiness from people wanting just a single religion.

Hi, just a note to inform you that I am testing out your Cults for use in Caveman2Cosmos. They need changing to fit of course but the concept and art will remain. Credit will be given, naturally.

It is just to good an idea not to pillage, plunder, steal, clone, reuse it. Yes reuse is the correct term, fitting in with good coding practices and the ecological movement. Makes it sound kosher:lol:.

That's true. I'll change that.
My intention was: not to give that positive effects like in BTS' free religion. but like this, it makes no sense. I didn't check out that there is a "we want a state religion" unhappiness ;)

Hoskuld: of course, thx for that info. with credit you can use everything from PAE! thx!

That's true. I'll change that.
My intention was: not to give that positive effects like in BTS' free religion. but like this, it makes no sense. I didn't check out that there is a "we want a state religion" unhappiness ;)

Sounds good! Again, I love the mod and am spending countless hours on it. :)

Very good to hear! Especially when Civ6 comes out....

I am hard on updating to a new patch 4, including the late antiquity and again some new great and never-seen-before features ;)

Yesterday I found out, that BTS has lots of troubles with OOS on multiplayer games. Not only a normal unit attack can cause OOS even scrolling the map caused it. It was very strange. Only restarting the whole CIV avoids the roundly OOS then. For similar turns only ;(. But I found out, it really goes faster and is more stable when you deactivate FileCaching (both entries) in the civlization.ini in the MyGames/BTS (!) folder. good to know. I will add this info into my FAQs.

Very good to hear! Especially when Civ6 comes out....

I am hard on updating to a new patch 4, including the late antiquity and again some new great and never-seen-before features ;)

Yesterday I found out, that BTS has lots of troubles with OOS on multiplayer games. Not only a normal unit attack can cause OOS even scrolling the map caused it. It was very strange. Only restarting the whole CIV avoids the roundly OOS then. For similar turns only ;(. But I found out, it really goes faster and is more stable when you deactivate FileCaching (both entries) in the civlization.ini in the MyGames/BTS (!) folder. good to know. I will add this info into my FAQs.

Great to read that you are updating the mod! I tried to follow the discussions on bonuses and new patch on the German forum but my German is way to rusty to follow the threads there :blush:

Hoskuld: of course, thx for that info. with credit you can use everything from PAE! thx!

Well that failed miserably:( If I add one cult it works fine. If I add two they swap buildings and cultists. If I add three one gets no buildings or cultists, one gets the buildings and cultists of the other two but not their own and the last gets the remaining building and cultist from the cult that had two.:confused::crazyeye:

Greyborea: seems I should tell sthg about the new spread 'n' trade feature, right?

DH: the cults in PAE are the same as corporations. nothing else. And you're sure you did no mistakes in the XML files (buildings or units)?

DH: the cults in PAE are the same as corporations. nothing else. And you're sure you did no mistakes in the XML files (buildings or units)?

Yep checked it all a couple of times even ran a validator across it. I never seem to be able to work with corporations. There must be something I am missing. I had changed the corporations, building and unit xml files as well as the text and font files.

DH: So, with only one corp it works. hm. Try to add the second in parts. First only the corp. then the spreading unit. then the buildings...

New features of the next version:

Ok, I try to explain. For the trading stuff, I am very proud of because this is again something, that's not part of any game at the moment (the full feature)!

Spreading:
This is perhaps something that's not really new to you, as it is already part of some mods (I think) and Platys scripts.
In PAE I - and this was completely new as it is almost 8 years old now - you could spread wine with trading grapes and building a vintager. Now you will be able to spread/unset/set all distributable bonus resources yourself with a unit.

Trading:
This will be a completely new stuff.

A) Influenced by all the train simulations (Railroad, Transport Tycoon) and of course the Anno games, you will be able to buy bonus goods into your merchant (not matter what city) and sell them in another city. The merchant unit will not be disbanded now. Standing in the foreign city with foreign goods, you can buy them and carry them to one of your cities. The city where the trade has been done

is able to profit from the traded bonus resource for 10 turns. (Eg. dealing with bronze, the city can build bronze units for a short time). Different properties influence the value of the bonus resource (there are grain, livestock, luxury goods.. as well as the attitude of the foreign leader).

Some more things can happen when you trade goods:
1) Trade partners get some science points when trading

2) Influenced from all the books about famous trade routes: dealing with special luxury goods (I call them rarities ingame, like amber, incense, terracotta and so on) can create a trade road on a plot between the trading cities (=visible on the map). This trade road has the same properties as the Roman road but with +1 commerce point.

B) Influenced from Sid's Railroad, there will be special assignements with a time limit. Only maximum three assignements simultaneously, not more. It goes like this: A city wants a special bonus resource, independently if it's on the map (it's random).

If someone can bring the bonus goods into the city in time, he gets a reward. Either triple trade income or a special unit from this CIV.

DH: So, with only one corp it works. hm. Try to add the second in parts. First only the corp. then the spreading unit. then the buildings...

New features of the next version:

Ok, I try to explain. For the trading stuff, I am very proud of because this is again something, that's not part of any game at the moment (the full feature)!

Spreading:
This is perhaps something that's not really new to you, as it is already part of some mods (I think) and Platys scripts.
In PAE I - and this was completely new as it is almost 8 years old now - you could spread wine with trading grapes and building a vintager. Now you will be able to spread/unset/set all distributable bonus resources yourself with a unit.

Trading:
This will be a completely new stuff.

A) Influenced by all the train simulations (Railroad, Transport Tycoon) and of course the Anno games, you will be able to buy bonus goods into your merchant (not matter what city) and sell them in another city. The merchant unit will not be disbanded now. Standing in the foreign city with foreign goods, you can buy them and carry them to one of your cities. The city where the trade has been done

is able to profit from the traded bonus resource for 10 turns. (Eg. dealing with bronze, the city can build bronze units for a short time). Different properties influence the value of the bonus resource (there are grain, livestock, luxury goods.. as well as the attitude of the foreign leader).

Some more things can happen when you trade goods:
1) Trade partners get some science points when trading

2) Influenced from all the books about famous trade routes: dealing with special luxury goods (I call them rarities ingame, like amber, incense, terracotta and so on) can create a trade road on a plot between the trading cities (=visible on the map). This trade road has the same properties as the Roman road but with +1 commerce point.

B) Influenced from Sid's Railroad, there will be special assignements with a time limit. Only maximum three assignements simultaneously, not more. It goes like this: A city wants a special bonus resource, independently if it's on the map (it's random).

If someone can bring the bonus goods into the city in time, he gets a reward. Either triple trade income or a special unit from this CIV.

This sounds impressive Pie_at!

Top Bottom