Pie's Ancient Europe

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Ancient Europe' started by pie_at, Feb 5, 2010.

1. pie_at

pie_at PAE-Let's play ancient

Yep. the stone or full wooden wheel isn't as good/fast as the spiked one ;)

2. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Thank you for all the explanations. I am once again here with a noob question - I can't understand why the units in the screenshot consume 6 tickers per turn. Been reading the pedia but still can't wrap my head around it.

Attached Files:

3. brettschmitt

brettschmitt Warlord

Not sure, but maybe the dog and the rams don't need supply. Then you have 6 units left...

4. pie_at

Hm... I think.... the calculation starts with getNumDefenders() > 10. in your stack there are 11 units.
    6 units need supply (dogs and rams excluded). the plot doesn't give bonus because it's in your territory (and without supplying improvement: farm, cottage, etc.).

5. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Thanks, it just seemed weird to me that it jumped from 0 to 6 tickers because of only one unit.

6. pie_at

yes, this is bad because for turn time reasons I use getNumDefenders.
    this will certainly be changed in the upcoming dll version.

7. Hydrok9

Hydrok9 Warlord

Hey Pie great mod, I love all the additions and the historical focus. Something like this with RFC mechanics is like my dream mod but i digress...
    I'm playing for the first time on the Eurasia map and chose Bactria pretty much at random. I noticed a few hours in that there's no civopedia page for them! Do they have any uu's or anything or are they kinda undeveloped still?

8. pie_at

Bactria could be a copy of Parthia (I am not at home, I can't have a look, you could check in the scen-file via text editor) or Scyths.... but I think Parthians. So you'll find their UBs and UUs there.

RFC is nice, but for me RFC is just a scripted game where CIVs changes due to scripting. Only time/turns is the reason of their changing not a bad government or other influences (invasion, natural disasters, war). It would make more sense for me, if eg when I play Rome, my CIV just gets recalled to Byzanz instead of having a new start losing all my actual territory and cities.

9. Hydrok9

Hydrok9 Warlord

Ah makes sense. ll check it out next time i play. thanks!

I agree with you about RFC. Actually the next update has an overhaul of the flipping system so that it will be more organic and less forced on the player. Should be good and probably heading in the direction you're talking about.

10. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Thank you for the latest update. I was so happy when I saw it and immediately fired the mod!

Just started the " Greco-Persian Wars" scenario again. Leonidas was able to withdraw but died anyway (scripted?) and that resulted in cities not rioting on Turn 1. The game didn't show me the "Greate General" died pop up.

This is a bug I guess? I restarted the scenario again and everything went as it should - all cities in riot.

11. pie_at

yes, this kind of withdrawal is scripted. there is always a chance to survive if you lose a BTS combat.
    I think it's a pity the withdrawal in BTS only works when attacking. I think, it should also work when defending. but I can't stop the BTS combat system there. this will be changed with an upcoming dll version of PAE.

12. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Whoa, great! I also meant that withdrawing and then killing Leonidas doesn't fire the "Great General has died" event and thus cities don't start rioting. I think that's maybe a bug?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  13. pie_at

hm... also the city riots are random. they can happen, but they must not. So, I really can't say.

14. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Just received a Gold Cart from a barbarian city in the S5000BC scenario that can't be converted to money in the capital. Am I missing something? I can provide a save file if needed.

It seems there is also no "Go to Capital" button on it (when outside the capital of course).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  15. pie_at

You don't have a capital (missing palace).

16. eXalted

eXalted Warlord

Ah, thank you. Sorry for the noobish question.

17. pie_at

No problem. With this question you help me making it better: I will add another button for the info.

18. Cat Whisperer

Cat Whisperer Chieftain

Question: In a previous version, cottages could be built on a forest but the forest was removed once the cottage grew to a town. Is that still in effect in the new version?

19. pie_at

Yes, this should be.

20. Cat Whisperer

Cat Whisperer Chieftain

How does a civilization discover Glass tech?