Pie's Ancient Europe

Pie, I'm presently playing PAE V beta 2 patch 2 as Rome. I have played to the 90s BC and am almost finished the tech tree. I have noticed that some techs do virtually nothing, no new units or upgrades, no buildings or wonders etc. For example Astrology (which only allows access to Manticism) and Road Maps that doesn't give anything! If you are going to do further enhancements to this mod, how about making such techs worthwhile or omitting them. For example, Road Maps could give +1 road movement. Just a suggestion.

with last changes too? I've played 150 turns in the same before game and still haven't problems...

Yes, perhaps the last reason of possible never-ending turns! But with the help of the German forum users (as test players), I hope to debug it very soon.

Pie, I'm presently playing PAE V beta 2 patch 2 as Rome. I have played to the 90s BC and am almost finished the tech tree. I have noticed that some techs do virtually nothing, no new units or upgrades, no buildings or wonders etc. For example Astrology (which only allows access to Manticism) and Road Maps that doesn't give anything! If you are going to do further enhancements to this mod, how about making such techs worthwhile or omitting them. For example, Road Maps could give +1 road movement. Just a suggestion.

Hi jimmy, ehm Astrology is just an important theme I wanted to add in the tree to know, when Astrology was "born" and it is of course a required tech for Manticism that gives +1 happiness. In BTS, I think, there are also some Techs, that just points to another important tech.

Road Maps activates an important python feature: no black fog of war!
I have to change lots of strategy texts, I know.... lots of open work....

Hey Great mod Best For civilization 4 but there is one problem every time i start a scenario

it says you have been defeated i cant play them it just says that can you please

help me fix it thanks from Stan still

I comment that before. Diadochi scenario can't custom in single player... Don't play it in custom game ;)

yes, scenarios have fixed CIVs included. only empty scenarios can be customized correctly.

Hey Rual, I got something for you to translate in the text-tool (only 2 texts) ;)

Ur-recipe? Mesopotamia's city? as adjective or as name?

Edit: I found it but i know it as alulu :lol:

:D No, it means the original recipe ;)
I think I will change it to "original".

edit: what means alulu?

edit2: I've uploaded a new Patch 2 version with corrected Marodeur. I hope so!
PAE V Beta 2 Patch 2 or the link in the first post.

Pie, one question (could be a suggestion). Sine i havent played Hittites a lot, and my mate (who i think knows a lot a bout them) told me about their history and recently started playing this mod cus of that. He told me that they had the most law abiding society at that time. Do they have any buildings that additionally reduce maintenance? If they dont is there a reasonable way to add it and would it be good to have that thing?

can you please make the next scenario for this mod about the roman
conquest of Italy of at at least make a map of Italy i would be
really grateful even just for a map of Italy

thanks from Stan still

Pie, one question (could be a suggestion). Sine i havent played Hittites a lot, and my mate (who i think knows a lot a bout them) told me about their history and recently started playing this mod cus of that. He told me that they had the most law abiding society at that time. Do they have any buildings that additionally reduce maintenance? If they dont is there a reasonable way to add it and would it be good to have that thing?

hm. you can manage your system via civics.
And I don't think that maintenance would be a hittite property, because their fully expanded empire didn't last very long. Quote: "Civil war and rivalling claims to the throne, combined with the external threat of the Sea Peoples weakened the Hittites and by 1160 BC, the Empire had collapsed."

It is strange that a big and strong empire gets completely lost!?!

You don't update text files in this patch :confused:
Had no time for that, this will be included next time. And before that, I will put the BTS-Eventtexts online too.

can you please make the next scenario for this mod about the roman conquest of Italy of at at least make a map of Italy i would be really grateful even just for a map of Italy
thanks from Stan still
Yes, it's on my list. but there are so many things to do before!

Thorgal is busy with his maps, I am busy with modding and Keinpferd is busy in his RL for the next months.

At the moment, there is noone who is managing this.

Can Companion dogs attack another unit ?

Of course.

The latest patch from 22.10.2012 is just a stability patch with debugging the Marodeur (endless turns (rotating globe)). I am waiting for test users and after positive tests, it will be the official 2nd patch and I will include all other important user feedbacks (granary for rice and new Spanish texts).

hey what program do you use to make scenarios for pies because map view is not compatible
and then i can make an Italy map

thanks from Stan still

hey don't worry about telling me which program i managed to get map view working
and got the Romulus king of Rome scenario working with pies beta and created a map of Italy so now i have a map of latium and Italy to play on

StanStill: What if you make one for PAE?

I think I have a map for that already!

I can help you with first steps and be there for questions.
Interested?

edit: oh! ok, I think I do have it from Romulus. anyway, are you interested that this scenario gets included into PAE officially?

hey i will be interested if it get included its the first scenario i have every made
so it will be a bit rough around the edges when i made that map of Italy
i used map view convert image to map and it come out exactly like Italy
the first few didn't it requires a lot of work i will attach my scenario to
this post so you can work on it i have been playing it for a while
if you want me to contribute to pie i would be happy to but i am
a beginner and have every thing to learn and would require a lot of patience
more so then you think due to medical reasons

Thanks from Stan still

Attachments

• RomeLatium.7z
    13.3 KB · Views: 60
hey i will be interested if it get included its the first scenario i have every made
so it will be a bit rough around the edges when i made that map of Italy
i used map view convert image to map and it come out exactly like Italy
the first few didn't it requires a lot of work i will attach my scenario to
this post so you can work on it i have been playing it for a while
if you want me to contribute to pie i would be happy to but i am
a beginner and have every thing to learn and would require a lot of patience
more so then you think due to medical reasons

Thanks from Stan still

ah, yes. It's the map.

Have look at my files. The origin scenario was from DoctorG and the Civs and Map was updated by Keinpferd. I would change some rivers to bigger ones (with coasts instead of the small river) and a few narrow parts with rivers to conquer by land units. The text file is for any changes on cities or for new city names. Just check it out.

Christinaity spread can't be stopped with theocracy or amphictyony. Religious victory now is impossible with other religion that is not christianty (98%) :eek:

Edit: And removes other religion from its holy city. Better than Religious ejector :confused:

:)
The reason was. On later games (about 200 years after christianity was found) the founder of christianity wins automatically, because this religions spreads in almost every cities. Judaism, Hindu and Buddhism are excluded.

but yes, I will try to damp this fact with a certain civic....

Top Bottom