Pie's Ancient Europe

In RI, with the crazy K-mod AI's and impossibility to bribe them onto someone or off your back makes the game uncontrollable and unpredictable. It kills the mod. Especially for games EMP+.
Too much Realism over game balance choices may kill a game bluntly.

True there are several draw back that I feel in RI, this is one of it, however I don't think civilization waging war on each other for thousands year is realistic (the AI just hardly stop declaring war, the best peace for them is the shortest one) and their back-stabbing opportunist and aggressive character make the AI leader personality quite bland I must say. But the mod are quite active and keep improving in amazingly fast step.

I'm not Haroon, but despite I know which type of tech diffusion you are referring to, the one Haroon mentioned is of a different beast: it is a feature specific of Realism Invictus mod where an AI with which one has Open Border possesses a tech will make the same tech you're currently research discounted.

You're right that's what I mean. I don't like technology trade because it make me feel like playing broad game not a proper strategy game, it is like trading your monopoly card or something like that. Now I'm playing hotseat in prince difficulty (not deity like you :p ) as Thebes while my partner as Gaul, so far we don't have any problem.

I really hate the AI when they start to "cheat" trading and brokering technologies with each other and suddenly their research elevated from nowhere to be higher than me, even though I put so much effort on it.

Btw I think as a more experience player it will be great if you make a thread talking about basic strategy in PAE. There are so many new things in PAE that need more explanation of how to function or strategically use it. Like how to use mercenary for example? Today we commission 6 large stack mercenary to Numidia with full rams most of it city attacker, we hope with that they can capture or raze some Numidia cities and we do that as retaliation as what he did to us. But so far I don't hear any city get captured or raze, and that is 12 time 6 elite unit which are= 72 elite unit not include rams. So far I see commissioning mercenary is more disadvantage than advantages, the CIV that I commissioned instead of weaker, they becoming more stronger with elites unit that they captured from mercenary, the same thing also apply to me as player, the more the AI sent mercenary, the more stronger and numerous I become. Do you have any special tactic or suggestion for the better use of mercenary?

nice to see lots of scenarios

and even ones that are standard or small

that's awesome when one has a cheap/crappy laptop

thanx

What's up with the thorikitai(9 strength, 1 move, +2 cost) replacing the hypaspist(9 strength, 2 moves, +1 cost)? Did you forget to update something, or am I playing an old version of patch 3?

Hello,

I have an urgent question in PBEM we play (boy, the word 'epic' fails to describe battles between Ptolemy and my Seleucids):

After the death of my GG I will experience 32(!) turns of Anarchy! This is on top of the 1-2 turns revolts in all my cities after Antioch was killed. I am not sure if this is a bug or some kind of game feature triggered by some events that everybody can experience, in principle.

oh sorry, for the delay, I forgot to answer yesterday...

oh, just looked into the code. this seems to be bad settings. do you have 32 cities?
I will change that heavy calculation in the version. sorry!
Reload again and try not to use your general unit.

Yes 32 cities! Thank you for the fix, it will go as a hotfix for Patch 3, I assume? We play our pbem with patch 2 (and all the hotfixes) and game will not work if we change files in mid-game. I discovered if I change civics and put myself in anarchy for 2 turns with such a big empire -- then 32 turns of anarchy do not trigger. So we just need to replay 1 turn, but boy what an eventful turn it was!

It will be fixed in the next patch, patch 4.

What you can all do is: to change it in the PAE EventManager of your PAE version:
Change:
1) pPlayer.changeAnarchyTurns(iCityRevolt) into pPlayer.changeAnarchyTurns(3)
2) pPlayer.changeAnarchyTurns(iCityPlague) into pPlayer.changeAnarchyTurns(2)
for example.

it's some lines before(!) def onEndPlayerTurn()

Oh WOW! I just started playing version V. It's soooo much better than Beta2. Thanx a million, Pie.

jimmygeoi

I see there are a lot of added things compared to vanilla... I love the idea of this mod but part of me thinks it looks like a kitchen sink mod like Caveman 2 Cosmos. Is it similarly large like that mod or is it more focused?

When it comes to discussing another creative project, I have no current information.
It is easy to admire the years of effort that has gone into any major mod project.

I see there are a lot of added things compared to vanilla... I love the idea of this mod but part of me thinks it looks like a kitchen sink mod like Caveman 2 Cosmos. Is it similarly large like that mod or is it more focused?

This is a much more focused mod.

Caveman2Cosmos was/is built by a number of people who are interested in different eras and different game mechanisms. BTW We have not yet added the kitchen let alone the kitchen sink:lol:

This is a much more focused mod.

Caveman2Cosmos was/is built by a number of people who are interested in different eras and different game mechanisms. BTW We have not yet added the kitchen let alone the kitchen sink:lol:

Was wondering about that DH, you planning taking care of that glaring oversight on the next update :mischief:?

Hi everyone!
I'm creating my own maps with 40 civs, starting from the EuropeXL map and Thorgal's Eurasia map.
When I load my custom map, all the units are moved to the scripted initial position, even if I moved them before. This is a problem for me, how can I disable the scripted original starting location?

Editing the starting position x,y opening the map with a text editor didn't work.

Top Bottom