Piety, Liberty, go back to Tradition or Forward to Rationalism?

kpi

Chieftain
In BNW I have a habit of finishing Piety and Liberty first (in either order) I was wondering what is the impact of skipping Tradition, or filling it out as the third policy branch, is it too late to get its effects or should I be focused on Rationalism as the third branch?

If your empire is still at the point where Tradition would be useful after having already completed two other trees you should have never opened Liberty in the first place. Just head right on into Rationalism here.

If your empire is still at the point where Tradition would be useful after having already completed two other trees you should have never opened Liberty in the first place. Just head right on into Rationalism here.

:confused: Wonder construction bonus, free opera houses... plenty of reasons to dip into tradition late.

:confused: Wonder construction bonus, free opera houses... plenty of reasons to dip into tradition late.

This is why I often really like to take the Tradition opener even if I'm planning to go Liberty... the opener almost pays for its culture cost, the border expansion bonus is nice, and later on you'll be able to pick up one of those great policies any time they might be suddenly useful.

I don't know if I would fill out the whole tree this late, though.

Top Bottom