Pikeman killed a tank.

Bridog7

Little Monster
My tank beat the pikeman but still the pikeman killed one tank. My tank was damaged but still thats very unrealistic. LOL i thought it was funny.

it sucks worse when they actually do beat the tank, and not just deal damage in the battle animation. Tank armies auto heal, so it is a little more realistic.

What's worse is an English archer army w/ naval support from a vetern battleship fleet will win most of the time against tanks and even bombers.

An single bomber can be shot down by archers, which is corny too.

There's only 1 fighting sequence that has a 'bug" in it : If you have a warrior at full health, you'll NEVER lose to a barbarian.
if you have one damage or so on that warior, you may lose, but never at full health.

Now if you use an archer (same attack ; 1), you may lose the attack!

I don't understand why, but it sure is strange...

There's only 1 fighting sequence that has a 'bug" in it : If you have a warrior at full health, you'll NEVER lose to a barbarian.
if you have one damage or so on that warior, you may lose, but never at full health.

Now if you use an archer (same attack ; 1), you may lose the attack!

I don't understand why, but it sure is strange...

It's not strange and it's not a bug. After 15 or 20 turns you need 1.5 to 0.5 to win battles. I think every 20 turns it becomes + 0.5 to win battles to barbarians. If you got a warrior after 20 turns you will probrably lose to barbs

In my most recent game, my fully upgraded pikeman army fortified in an un-walled city on a hill was regularly defeating attacking tank armies. Even in real life, tanks are primarily used to attack buildings and vehicles - not massed infantry. A small explosive, in the right place, can disable a tank.

And I've had many a warrior lose to a barbarian - although that may have been because I was attacking across a river.

It's not strange and it's not a bug. After 15 or 20 turns you need 1.5 to 0.5 to win battles. I think every 20 turns it becomes + 0.5 to win battles to barbarians. If you got a warrior after 20 turns you will probrably lose to barbs

Just read my post above your and you will solve it. And having 0.5 v 0.5 is even and you will never win 100% of the times with it.

I never had a fully healed barb die, but I think that your right Morte...it may have something to do with turns.

Altough early-game (first 10 turns) I got lucky and got bronze working from a hut and made an archer.

I attacked a barbarian and lost...ah well, I blame the random seed :p

:spear:

I've had a greek Hoplite kill my tank before. Pissed me off. However tanks have bad defense, so it's easy to beat them if you have the right Naval Support (Which I always do).

I once had an enemy legion kill an entire fighter wing... I almost snapped my DS in half [pissed]

Are we talking the same game here? I mean civ 4 BTS, because only sam and mobile SAM can intercept (mech inf also but veeery rare in my case). What legions killing fighters wings and what pikeman killing bombers? What are you talking about?

It happend that longbowman kickes but to my armor or rifleman demolishes my modern armor.

Are we talking the same game here? I mean civ 4 BTS, because only sam and mobile SAM can intercept (mech inf also but veeery rare in my case). What legions killing fighters wings and what pikeman killing bombers? What are you talking about?

It happend that longbowman kickes but to my armor or rifleman demolishes my modern armor.

He is talking about Civ Rev, and you are discussing in the wrong forum.

look like I am not the only one having this problem! this game is sometimes very weird! I was playing my Civ on ipod just now and I got 10 units of tanks killed by one unit of PIKEMAN in a row. HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE!!!!!! 10 of them! I am really pissed.

look like I am not the only one having this problem! this game is sometimes very weird! I was playing my Civ on ipod just now and I got 10 units of tanks killed by one unit of PIKEMAN in a row. HOW CAN IT BE POSSIBLE!!!!!! 10 of them! I am really pissed.

omg you could try reinstalling it:mischief:.some apps I had didn't work right and I reinstalled it and it worked but you have to uninstall it and pay for it again:cry:.

Very easy. A pikeman army has a base defense of 3x3 = 9. A single tank has an attack of 10. Almost an even match. Then add on some defensive bonuses: hill +50%, fortified +100%, walls +100%, palace +50%, veteran +50%, engineer +100%, loyalty +50%, leadership +100%, and great general +50%. So that defensive unit could have up to 650% in defensive bonuses (plus naval support). So that pikeman army could have a defense of 67.5. And every three wins adds a promotion, maybe making that pikeman that much harder to kill.

This is why I make all my tanks into armies before attacking. :rolleyes:

Ya'Know, as crazy as it might sound... If I had an army of spearmen against One or Two tanks... eventually that things gonna run out of gas, ammo, and juice.

Just sayin'. Pikes are long, too.

Wonder how many spears it'd take to plug up/prematurely detonate an HE round coming out the barrel... you better run, pointy stick boy!

Top Bottom