Pillage Experience Mod (BTS 3.19)

stolenrays

Deity
Pillage Experience MOD v1.3 (BTS 3.19)​

This is a simple Mod that makes it so that units gain experience when :gold:pillaging:gold: improvements. This includes land and sea units. In addition, successfully :gold:blockading:gold: naval routes also accumulates naval XP. A Custom Game Option allows you to turn the mod on/off from the Custom Game Menu as requested.

I used a snippet of code from the Air Combat Experience Mod by the Lopez (so big thanks to the Lopez) and changed it for pillaging. The modification was only to a few C++ files. The Mod includes the Changed C++ files plus a working mod. Enjoy.

-----Game Play-----
-Units gain experience when successfully pillaging improvements (land or sea) and when naval units successfully blockade naval routes.

-----Note to Modmakers-----
In the SDK files I have added // < Pillage Experience START > and
// < Pillage Experience END > in all of the places that I have made changes to
the original files.

-------Version History---------
Spoiler :

Version 1.3
-Removed uneeded SDK booleans for non-existant ini file
-Added Concept Text
-Added Changlog & Readme Texts

Version 1.21
-Fixed commenting in source code

Version 1.2
-Added a Custom Game Option

Version 1.1
-removed after 24 downloads
A-dded XP for Blockading naval routes

Version 1.0
-removed after 1 download
XP for Pillaging sea/land improvements

Download

Attachments

• PE.jpg
    PE.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 239
Yeah, a bool tag which enables it under civics traits or unit infos. IMO this mod could be a little overpowered as it stands. However, it could make for a damn fine unique unit/civic/trait ability. Its on my todo list but the list is quite long and my coding skills are somewhat haphazard. ;)

Yeah, a bool tag which enables it under civics traits or unit infos. IMO this mod could be a little overpowered as it stands. However, it could make for a damn fine unique unit/civic/trait ability. Its on my todo list but the list is quite long and my coding skills are somewhat haphazard. ;)

Sounds interesting. I like promotions so it is for some. If only I could figure out how to add gameoption entries for these little additions I have made. I think that would help out.

Nothing I've worked on sorry. That'd require some more sdk work I think. Doable, but nothing I have experience with yet.

There is that marauder promotion from TLO Tags. You could make that promotion free for a certain trait in the meantime.

If all you want is:
If player X has trait ABC or civic XYZ:
Grants Y experience when pillaging.
Then this is quite doable with python, but if you want those XML tags, then those will definitely need SDK

Top Bottom