1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pillage own roads

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by PGM, May 20, 2010.

1. PGM

PGM Chieftain

Sorry if this issue has been brought up before - I searched but couln't find anything.

How can you change settings so you can pillage your own roads?

2. CornPlanter

CornPlanter Emperor

Why do you want that?

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I thought you could pillage your own roads. Seemed like that option was available for your units. Maybe I'm mistaken.

4. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson King

No, you can't destroy your own roads. I have tried several times win losing to help slow the AIs down.

You can't destroy your own buildings either, but you can build a different building in its place. I tried doing this to get forests to spread to other tiles for my national forest and forest preserves.

5. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

It was an option in Civ3. It was useful for the disconnect/reconnect stategy there.

6. PGM

PGM Chieftain

The AI builds roads everywhere, even inside my own territory. For aesthetic reasons, I don't like some of the roads they build (deserts, ice, etc).

There's at least one MOD on the internet which allows for pillaging own roads, so it's not impossible. It may be a very simple thing, I just don't know what files to edit (and how).

Any modders out there that can help?

7. w2w2w

w2w2w Warlord

I think thsi should be easy, infact xml modding probably. all you have to do is change the pillage from 0 to 1 but I never actually checked that so thats a guess.

8. Silu

Silu Deity

If you know your way around DLL modding, the culprit is on row 4464 of CvUnit.cpp (assuming BtS 3.19). Pretty sure it can't be done with XML modding...

9. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

Im pretty sure you can pillage your own roads that are outside your borders, and once they are in your borders cant they not use your roads? I remember not being able to in other peoples territory when at war, was I mistaken?

10. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

It can be done. A mod for FFH allows a command for your units specifically to destroy your own roads.

11. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

You can pillage any roads in other people's territory when at war. When you tell your unit to pillage, it will pillage the improvements first and then pillage the road. You can't pillage the road before the improvement, however. You can also pillage roads and improvements that are outside anybody's borders, regardless of who built them.

Some of the mods probably let you pillage your own roads, like in Civ3.

12. PGM

PGM Chieftain

I'm using 3.17, I prefer it to 3.19.

I have no idea what you just said :lol: I've made a few simple edits to xml files, but that's it...