Pillaging with submarines

Hardvark

Warlord
I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think that subs should be able to pillage sea tiles when you're not at war in the same way that spies can sabotage land tiles. If no-one can see your sub you should be able to pillage with impunity. However, if a destroyer or sub is within range your sub could be spotted in the same way that your spy can be caught. If spotted the other civ would have the option of how to respond to your sabotage and you could get a -1, again just the same as with a spy. I'd even accept having to have a spy on board a sub in order for it to commit an act of sabotage.

It's frustrating being able to deny oil to my opponents on land, whilst being unable to do anything about their oil platforms without declaring war. If they get annoyed with my sabotage and declare war, so be it. :ar15:

I don't like the idea at all. The AI always pillages sea-resources during wartime... if they were doing it all the time it would be incredibly annoying.

Annoying yes, but more realistic. It's annoying when their spies are running around blowing up my mines and wells with impunity. But if they can do that on land, why not at sea as well?

Spies shouldn't be running around blowing up your mines and wells with impunity. Station a few units on top of your critical resources and a counter-espionage spy of your own on an oil well and you should catch a few. Plus it drains your opponent's bank accounts.

Mewtarthio said:
Spies shouldn't be running around blowing up your mines and wells with impunity. Station a few units on top of your critical resources and a counter-espionage spy of your own on an oil well and you should catch a few. Plus it drains your opponent's bank accounts.

The problem is that you only get 4 spies. And mine are all busy blowing up other peoples mines with impunity!

Fine, then. Just take some soldier off of city garrison duty and plant them on top of your resources. You'll at least be more likely to catch enemy spies (though not as much as with counter-spies).

Top Bottom